0 comments

General

Two friends, Cindy and Louis, have always got along since they met. The pair met in Kindergarten. Every weekend of Elementary school they would spend together. It was amazing that their parents were best friends now, too. When Cindy was sick you already knew that Louis was going to be sick a few days after. In Junior High School, Cindy and Louis spent every night after school and every weekend together, doing homework and talking about their social lives and other friends. Everyone thought they were dating when they went to the Barn warming dance together. In their first year of high school, Cindy and Louis started to date other people. They would spend about two or three nights together doing homework and studying. Cindy and her boyfriend of six months were going through a rough time. Her boyfriend, Carl, was getting mad at Cindy for hanging out with Louis. Carl didn’t understand that the friends had so much history and that they were best friends. Louis could tell that Cindy wasn’t very happy with Carl anymore, due to the fact of Carl’s disliking of him. Cindy would rant to Louis every time they would hang out. Louis would sit and listen to Cindy the whole time. He didn’t want to seem like a mean person but he was going to have to be blunt with Cindy. A few days later, she was still with Carl but Louis knew she wasn’t happy still. They were sitting in Cindy’s bedroom studying for their finals before winter break and he stopped studying his math and looked at Cindy. She glanced up and caught him looking at her. She asked if he was okay, and if he needed help with a theory. He shook his head and began to speak, “Cindy, are you happy with Carl anymore? I know that you’re not and I have a very strong feeling you are going to say you’re happy with him. I think that you can do a lot better than that moron, no offense. I know you think that you can work this situation out with him but it has been about a week and a half that you have been going through this argument with him. I don’t see this argument ending well. One of two things will happen. Either he’s going to get over the fact that you and I are best friends and will always be best friends, or he is going to break up with you over the stupid reason of him being extremely jealous over me. I think that in better interest, Cindy, you need to make a decision soon. I think that you need to be the mature person of this argument and relationship, and choose if you want to keep seeing Carl, or if you want to keep me as your best friend. I know you are going through a lot of heartache because of your boyfriend and I do not like seeing you like this. I am not going to put my opinion in on your decision but I hope that you choose the best option, Cindy.” With that comment ending, Cindy’s mother walked in and told Louis it was time for him to go home, as it was getting dark out. When Louis got home, he got a Snapchat notification. He figured it was Cindy asking him if he had gotten home safely. Cindy did Snapchat him but she told her that she had thought about what he had said to her and that she needed to sleep on it before making the final decision. Cindy knew who she wanted. She wanted to be friends with Louis instead of having Carl around. The next morning, the first hour bell had just gone off. Cindy sat down by Louis to tell him her decision. Before she said anything, Louis knew that she was upset about the decision she didn’t choose. He gave her a quick hug and told her it was okay. She finally was able to tell him that she was going to break up with Carl within the next few days. Louis was happy that she chose him over Carl. He gave her another hug when the bell rang because he wouldn’t be seeing her in the next three hours, because Cindy does not go to the vocational-technical school. Meanwhile, back at the junior high school building Cindy had sent Carl a text that told him that she was leaving him. Cindy had texted Louis about it but he didn’t get the text in time to watch out for Carl. Moments after she had sent the text, Louis had just gone on a break at the Vo-tech building, Louis seen Carl walking through the break room. Carl was mad, and seeing Louis must have just set him off. Carl shoulder checked Louis, and made Louis almost fall down. They both turned around. Carl was yelling at Louis, pointing at his phone and quickly showing Louis the break up text Cindy had sent him. Louis knew what was going on now. He tried to calm down Carl before they both got in trouble by the director of the Vo-tech school. Carl got whipped around by another one of the boys in the break room and the mystery boy shoved his hand over Carl’s mouth and before the boys could say anything more to Louis, he darted out of the break room. When he got to the junior high school building, Louis asked Cindy about it and asked why she didn’t tell him before he had left for the bus. Cindy told him that she texted him over Snapchat, saying that she had just broke up with Carl and to watch out for him because he was already angry before they broke up. Louis checked his phone and there was the notification. After school, instead of their usual hang out spot, at one another’s house, Louis went over to Cindy’s house and told her they were going on a walk. They walked to the nearest McDonald’s and got some fries and ice cream. While they were walking home, they stopped at the park down the road from Cindy’s house. The friends sat on a park bench and ate their food. Louis asked if Cindy was alright, he could tell she wasn’t in the best mood even though they were together. Louis has always been able to tell when Cindy was upset. Cindy replied by shrugging her shoulders and saying that she was just a little tired. Louis knew that was one of her signs of sadness. He stood up, reached for her hand and pulled her to the tire swing. In elementary school, that was the area she had always went to. Louis tried to help her cheer up; He would purposely trip over nothing, and he would do stupid tricks then have an awful dismount. Over the next hour, Cindy and Louis had worn each other out with all of the laughing they were doing. Cindy checked the time and realized they had been away from her house for longer than what she had told her mom they would be gone for. When she told Louis that they needed to go to her house, Louis offered a race. Whoever would win gets to pick the punishment for the loser, Louis knew that she would win. Cindy did in fact win the race and she told Louis that he had to go on Instagram live and tell people that he was going to wear a dress tomorrow for school. The next day, he did wear a dress to school, just so Cindy would be happy. Louis and Cindy always make each other happy; they would do anything for each other. They loved one another but would not admit that it was a love stronger than just friends. They knew each other, they knew what the other one was thinking and feeling. They can’t ever go a day without communicating with each other. 

October 10, 2019 01:00

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.