Addicted to Their Sunlight Auras

Written in response to: Set your story on a day when the sun never sets.... view prompt

35 comments

LGBTQ+ Creative Nonfiction Romance

Woo! One of my first stories that doesn't involve anything depressing! This story contains language only.

I want to thank Echo and BiBean for the inspiration of a sweet story.

----------------------------------

I stood there, bouncing on my feet. I adjusted my backpack as I stared at the clock. The day's almost over. Just a few more minutes. I smiled behind my mask. I glanced at the table near by me. She was looking down at her phone, her catlike eyes smiling. I inhale sharply. I'm going to do it. I think to myself, grabbing the little note from inside my pocket. I looked at the clock. Not even one minute til class is over.

I wandered over to her desk, setting the note down. She quickly looks up, surprised. "Hm?"

"I'll see you at lunch tomorrow, right?" I ask. She blinks, looking at me and then the note. I felt that little hamster wheel brain of mine spinning. She looks at me and nods slowly.

"Yeah, of course." She says. "Why wouldn't I?" She asks.

Brriiiiinng!

With the sound of the bell I dashed out of the classroom. Surprisingly I weaved through fairly quickly, making it down the stairs quicker than I've ever seen her go down. Oh fuck- I gave her the note. I stumbled to a stop, instantly grabbing onto the wall near the stairs. I look backwards. She was coming.

And me being me... I left as if my mom was shouting.

I sat there with my arm wrapped around her shoulder. I glance at her and immediately inhale sharply. She's so amazing.. How in the world does she like me? I wondered. I looked back at the rest of the group, and was suddenly very thankful for my mask hiding my face. "I don't know how so many people like me." They said. I blinked, remembering the several instances in the lunch line.

I'm very glad for my mask. I adjusted my mask."You're gorgeous, how could I not?" She said suddenly. I blinked, looking at my girlfriend and then at them. I can tell them. I nodded in agreement.

"My girl's right you know.. You're pretty fuckin' amazing." I say with a lopsided grin. Their eyes widen.

"Wha- no-" They shook their head and, left. My shoulders slumped and I heard the hamster wheel spinning even more.

"Wait no- hey-" My girlfriend said quickly getting up. I stood up too, going to join the two. "I'm sorry we scared you-" I heard my girl say.

"I-it's-... How?" They asked sharply.

"How could I not?" I ask with a nervous shrug. "You're just amazing."

I sat there with my legs criss cross applesauce. I stared at the two of them as they danced and sang to the Heathers Musical. Those two... Are so perfect.. I thought to myself leaning back. "You two are wonderful." I said. My girlfriend looked over and smiled. So perfect.. And bright. Like the Sun.

"Says the pretty boy." My new partner said with a smirk. I blinked.

"Was?" I asked. I felt my cheeks go red.

"You heard me." They said. My girl laughed seeing the two of us. I heard the chorus of the friend group pointing out our gayness. I inhale sharply. As long as I'm with these two.. It's like the Sun'll never set.

"O-okay." I nod. The two laugh and come over to me, sitting down.

"That name fits you really good.." She says looking at me with those eyes. I look away from her gaze, feeling flustered. I meet their eyes, and that doesn't help either. I exhale deeply staring at the two.

"You two are gonna be the death of me." I say looking at the ground.

"At least you'll like it." They say with a laugh. Their laugh was infectious, and I do too.

So many days past like this. The two of them dancing and singing, us cuddling and the entire friend group calling us gay(which is kind of funny considering while my and my partner may be gay, my girl and I were straight presenting, either way though..).

I leaned against the wall, combing my fingers through their hair. It was so soft and fluffy. I smiled. My girl nuzzled her way through my arm. Both of them kidnapped some part of my body. My girl, my entire arms and my partner, my hands. The two laid on me the entire lunch period. Their personalities are both so fucking addicting...

I remember walking my partner to class, holding their hand talking about whatever happened during lunch. As usual, there was a huge smile on my face. The two of them have been lighting my days forever. With them it's day forever. I found myself looking at them and even though it was only a second I found myself lost in their eyes. Cliche I know, but things are cliche for a reason, ya know?

"See you tomorrow." They said, heading to their fourth period.

"See ya, love you." I respond, going to English. I let out a sigh before walking into the classroom. I went through class on autopilot. This time though, it was a good autopilot.

I remember I stood there staring at the two of them with a huge ass smile. I was bouncing on my feet. It was the fifteenth. Four months with her on the seventh, and two with them on the twenty second. I noticed. "Today's the fifteenth." I say adjusting my bag. They walked through the doors.

"You seem excited." They say greeting me with a grin.

"It's the fifteenth."

"It is." My girl said a tad confused. They immediately knew what was up however.

"What do you have planned?" They ask folding their arms. I scratch at my arm, a little nervous. A few minutes past of pure utter silence. My girl standing there quietly and them, giving me a look.

"I'm buying lunch." I answer. "For all three of us." I walked over to them.

"What- no-" My girl said.

"Why?" My partner asked. You two are my light.. My day..

"Because I love the both of you, and I want this to never end." I say hugging them. And it will never set.

March 21, 2022 22:08

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

35 comments

Jasey Lovegood
07:57 Mar 22, 2022

Stop. Leo- That was so cute. The poly vibes were <33333 I loved this story so much, and I hope you can write more stories like this. Great work! ~ Jasey :)

Reply

Crows_ Garden
12:47 Mar 22, 2022

Woo! I'm glad this story's going well. Hopefully I get another spark to do one like this.

Reply

Jasey Lovegood
12:55 Mar 22, 2022

Yes, I hope so. I'm poly but partnerless so your representation is beautiful :)

Reply

Crows_ Garden
12:58 Mar 22, 2022

My writing's showing cute stuff people like?- this is awesome.

Reply

Jasey Lovegood
13:00 Mar 22, 2022

It is VERY awesome. In fact, have a medal 🏅

Reply

Crows_ Garden
13:05 Mar 22, 2022

Pfft- I handle the "awesome"'s and all that- but a medal? Seems a bit extreme. The meaning though- making my day.

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Dhwani Jain
13:46 May 12, 2022

This was cute!

Reply

Crows_ Garden
14:31 May 12, 2022

I agree : >

Reply

Dhwani Jain
17:24 May 12, 2022

=D

Reply

Crows_ Garden
18:03 May 12, 2022

: )

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Delia Tomkus
15:11 Mar 24, 2022

awww it's so cute

Reply

Crows_ Garden
15:17 Mar 24, 2022

Thank you <3

Reply

Show 0 replies
Delia Tomkus
19:53 Mar 24, 2022

did you show this to your partners? I think they would appreciate it :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
Unknown User
06:53 Mar 23, 2022

<removed by user>

Reply

Unknown User
06:54 Mar 23, 2022

<removed by user>

Reply

Crows_ Garden
12:33 Mar 23, 2022

Oh- okay : )

Reply

Unknown User
18:44 Mar 23, 2022

<removed by user>

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Unknown User
22:14 Mar 21, 2022

<removed by user>

Reply

Crows_ Garden
22:22 Mar 21, 2022

I heavily enjoy that you're the first comment. My writing style is usually a bit dark so I'm glad I could pull off the sweet and cute bit!

Reply

Unknown User
23:14 Mar 21, 2022

<removed by user>

Reply

Crows_ Garden
23:15 Mar 21, 2022

I'm glad!^^

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.