0 comments

Drama Romance Sad

"It doesn't count if you are already planning your defeat," my sister told me three days before my wedding.

"Sofia, I am not planning anything. I want him to think that I am

clueless, when in fact, I am planning his demise."

"Demise? Really, Andi. Are you planning to kill your fiancé?"

she asked me, looking incredulous.

"Okay, maybe demise is a strong word. But he is going down. If Francis

thinks he can lie to me about meeting his ex-girlfriend, he is wrong." I seethed.

Francis and I have been together for five years. He proposed to me a year ago, and after a lot of obstacles (including his ex and mine), we finally decided to tie the knot.

But while I got rid of my stupid ex, he wasn't not able to get rid of his, entirely. Rosy is the bane of my existence. I hate her entire being. She's the devil incarnate. She uses her looks to seduce men.  

I just hate her. Period.

Anyways, as much as I think she is the Evil Witch of The West, Francis doesn’t. He still thinks of her fondly. Like a friend.

A friend, my ass.  

Sofia sat in my bedroom. I moved into my old room  a month before the wedding. Francis and I agreed not to live together a week before our wedding. We wanted to feel excited about each other. So, aside from a heavy make out sessions, we have not been intimate.

Which made my discovery that he met with Rosy a little bit suspect.

It’s not that I don’t trust Francis.

I do.

But, it’s Rosy. He has blinders on when it comes to her. He doesn’t think she is as evil as people think she is.

“Andi, maybe you should just tell him that you know and that you want an explanation. It’s as simple as that. No need to play games. Making him feel guilty and stuff. Besides, you don’t even know why they met.” Sofia reasoned with me.

I shook my head. It’s not that easy.

Rosy, that wench, sent me a message saying that they were meeting each other. I figured she was lying so I didn’t take that seriously. I ignored her until she sent a picture.

A picture of the two of them together, talking so closely together. At first, I thought it was an old picture. But it was time stamped. That and the fact that he was wearing the same clothes, right down to the new cufflinks that I bought him the week before.

I decided not to confront him. I want him to be honest with me. So, I waited and waited, But he didn’t say anything. He went on like nothing happened.

Like he is not lying to my face.

Then, I received a phone call from the Devil incarnate herself.

She figured that since Francis never confronted her about the picture, that I had not confronted him about it too. So, she made a bet: If Francis doesn’t confess on his own, within a week before our wedding, then I have to break off my engagement to him. But, if he confesses, on his own accord, Rosy would leave him alone.

I didn’t even think twice. I took the bet with glee. I knew sooner or later; Francis will tell me. He will be honest with me.

It’s three days until the wedding, and still no confession.

I looked down at my hand. I stared at my engagement ring. I suddenly felt like crying. After all everything we’ve been through, I can’t believe that he won’t be honest to me about this.

He knew, for a fact, how insecure I am of Rosy. She is his first love. There’s always a part of me that thinks that he will always love her.

Maybe I should just give up. I should just break up with him now. Save myself the heartbreak.

“What??? Break up with him? Are you crazy?” Sofia shrieked.

I blinked. I didn’t think I said that out loud.

I shushed my sister. I didn’t want my parents or my younger sister, Julie, to know anything. They are so excited about this wedding. Julie, especially. She’s so excited to be a bridesmaid. Sofia is my matron-of-honor, of course.

“Would you knock that off. Do you want mom and dad to come up here and ask what’s going on?” I hissed.

“Mom asked dad to accompany her to Aunt Caroline’s house. They needed to coordinate outfits or something. Dad has something he needs to discuss with Uncle Bernard.” She parroted.

“And Julie?” I asked.

“Julie has a date with Samuel, “she answered.

“I am surprised that James hasn’t picked you up yet.” I stated, referring to her husband.

“James is spending time with JD. They’d pick me up in an hour. So, cut to the chase. Why do you want to break up with Francis? Andi, he loves you. He picked you to be his wife, not Rosy. So, get that idea out of your head,” she reasoned.

“Look, you are getting married in three days. Three days. Quit playing games with him. Ask him directly. Don’t wait until it’s too late. Don’t let Rosy win.”

“But if I ask him aren’t, I admitting that I can’t trust him? That he cannot be honest with me? Won’t I lose either way?” I asked her.

Sofia squeezed my hand.

“Sweetie, I know you want him to be honest with you. But it’s driving you nuts. And unless you ask him, you won’t feel any peace. He needs to know that you know. You deserve to know the truth. Forget that stupid bet. You’re going to listen to Rosy, really? She is the Devil incarnate, remember?” she pointed out.

I mulled this over.

On one hand, she is right. I deserve to know why they met and what they talked about. More importantly, I need him to be honest with me.

I took out my phone and dialed his number.

“Francis? Can you come over? We need to talk.”

November 01, 2020 10:42

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.