DON'T DOWNVOTE - IT'S NOT NICE

Written in response to: Write about a character named after one of our contest’s judges.... view prompt

1 comment

Sad

Thanks to Silver Serpent for this and everybody else who has tried to get Reedsy's attention!


I don't know what you down-voters are getting out of down-voting comments. it's seriously hurtful! Every single point added is a sign of hard work and effort and nobody likes their efforts going to waste. If you want more upvotes, don't downvote someone else's comments because you aren't gaining any points out of doing that. If you want, you can simply ask for an upvote spree. If you have a problem with the writing, leave a comment with some proper feedback instead, it would be helpful, especially for a beginner author like me. But don't downvote someone's comments!

Now whenever I refresh my page, I always end up losing at least 20 points! It's sickening and annoying! You really need to stop!

Also, please just think, if you were to meet face to face with a writer, I don't think you would say that the writing isn't good enough in their face. Since Reedsy is an online platform, you can hide behind your screens and not get caught for your actions. So stop taking advantage of that and instead, spread motivation and inspirations to your fellow writers out there. Thanks! I hope this changes your mind! (If I sound too harsh, I'm sorry. I'm just sick of my hard work and everyone else's go to waste. I'm really serious about this. It simply isn't fair! I have lost at least 145 Karma Points and other authors have lost many more!)"

SS message

Excuse me?! Downvoter, I'm honestly hating you now and I am NOT going to forgive you if I find out who you are or not! I'm sick of warning you to stop downvoting, although I haven't done a LOT of it over a period of time I still told you to keep your gross handoff that button. I think my message hasn't been reaching you. So like, don't get rid of other people's points. I'm fine with it now, but others aren't! You got rid of some points. Wow! Awesome job! No! I wonder how you like to carry around the guilt of ruining someone's day and passions! I've so far lost lie more than 200, not that much, but like still! So if you would like to listen, sure! I would really appreciate it. But I hate to see my fellow authors feeling upset and so hurt about this. So, I hope your mum woke you up this morning with a brimming tub of water, and you've come to your freaking senses. So now, instead of ruining people's dreams, I suggest that you fill someone's bucket by giving them encouraging and helpful feedback. Thanks!

Alright, this is to REEDSY>

Ahem, so hi Reedsy.

Literally, when I've had a problem about Bridget Summers, I've emailed you THREE times, and guess what, you didn't give a single glance at it! I know that doesn't relate to downvoting but it does relate to how careless you are about how you attend to the service of the people using your website. Like, I honestly don't understand how it's so HARD to just get rid of one feature, just ONE FEATURE! So while you're going to go around approving stories, I hope you see this, and you actually pay attention, unlike how you've literally flicked everyone's pleas off like they're nothing but a speck of dust.

So, whichever Reedsy staff who's reading this, can you, PLEASE get rid of the downvote button because the upvote button deserves to exist, NOT the downvote button. Or just, like tracing the people who are downvoting and can you like, make them stop? Because seriously, there are people who were literally on the leaderboard, some actually second and now they are like down to their hundreds. You have like NO IDEA about how badly hurt people have been feeling, cause some of them want to leave Reedsy! Like so much hard work going down the drain!

So here's like a few of the people who lot like thousands of points:

Here's just a F E W, you may add to the list if you'd like.

Ari Reynes (4600-1,000.)

ᗩᗴᖇiᑎ ᗷ 💚 (31,010-28,000.)

💜ᴀ ᴍ ᴇ ᴛ ʜ ʏ ꜱ ᴛ 💜 (5,100-1,000.)

山.w. S𝓀y฿elle (3,000-1,000.)

𝕃𝕦𝕟𝕒 ℂ𝕠𝕝𝕠𝕟 (2,000-1,000.)

Timber (-100)

Sia Sharma (-4000)

Carolina Shaw (-900)

Sienna (-468)

Echo Ross (-1000)

And much much more

SO Reedsy, we want this place to be an amazing community of flourishing writers and definitely not a place where you have to fear what your page would look like once you refresh it.

I need to post another email to you, not about Bridget Summers but now about this, others have already done it and you repeatedly ignored their email. So please, try and help us and improve yourselves, not just you, but this site so we and future generations can safely write, without being harassed by the downvote button.

April 14, 2022 21:48

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

Unknown User
22:52 Apr 14, 2022

<removed by user>

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.