Last Flight of the Magnificent Pratt

Submitted into Contest #207 in response to: Write a story about a magician who never reveals their secrets — until now.... view prompt

51 comments

Funny Urban Fantasy Fiction

When Walter Pratt saw the red envelope in his mailbox, he knew he had finally won. After forty miserable years, he had struck a fatal blow against the New East Carborough Society of Magicians, Illusionists, and Practitioners.

His first clue was when their lawyers stopped calling. Well, he disconnected his phone, but that was beside the point. His second clue was when Harold came by with a “final warning”. Harold, in his five-figure suit and dollar store smile.

“Please, Wally, reconsider. Whatever your beef with the Society is, there’s a proper procedure to address your grievance. One that won’t end your career and bury you.” He adjusted his tie. “In litigation.”

“I’ll take that under advisement,” Walter said, and then he shut the door on his one-time friend. Besides, at sixty-three years old, what career did he have to risk?

And now, the letter. They were throwing in the towel. They had to be.

The envelope was thick, a sanguine red. Irresistibly smooth against his skin, made of something like velvet. No stamp, hand delivered, his name embossed with gold thread: Walter Pratt, Apprentice.

It was a surrender. He grinned, did a giddy circle, and took it into his kitchen. There he set it on the counter, and watched it for a quarter hour. It was a surrender, wasn’t it? The Society made it unambiguously clear they didn’t want him publishing his book, and three days ago he pulled the trigger anyway.

True Real Magic! The Tricks Magicians Don’t Want You To Know: Card Tricks, Sleight of Hand, Props, Levitation, Sawing People In Half, Disappearing Things, And Others. The title alone took up three-fourths of the cover, and Walter stuck to it despite his publisher’s protests. It was projected to be “a pretty good seller in the young teens’ demographic.”

What if it wasn’t surrender? What if the Society was retaliating?

Walter inched his ear towards the envelope, but he didn’t hear any ticking. Still, better safe than sorry. He called the neighbours to have them send their son Billy over, “To help around the house.” The kid was rubbish at lawn care, but maybe he’d redeem himself as a minesweeper.

“You want me to open your mail?”

“Yes, and read it to me.” Walter adopted his sad-old-man face. “My eyes aren’t what they used to be.”

“Eyes are just fine,” Billy drew out, “for pointing out every blade of grass that ain’t mowed to ’xactly 1.5 inches.”

“Whatever! What do you care? There’s a fiver in it for you.”

“Ten.”

“Ha!”

“Or I walk. The Gelmers’ need weeding done, and I ain’t no charity.”

Walter grumbled and handed over a ten. I hope there is a bomb.

There wasn’t. Nor was there a puff of ominous white powder when Billy opened the envelope, nor even glitter.

“Dear blah-blah,” Billy skimmed. “Let’s see. Says here you’re invited to collect a lifetime achievement award, big party, keynote–”

Walter snatched the letter. “Give me that!” Oh, the paper wasn’t paper at all, it was milk-smooth vellum. Where did the Society get the money for this? Not like they ever had a budget to advertise his gigs. But Billy was right.

“Dearest Walter. For your contributions, the Society would like to bestow upon you a Lifetime Achievement Award.” There was a gala tonight, all his peers would be there. The letter went on.

Not at all the response he expected.

“What I don’t get,” said Billy, “is what achievement? I mean, what do you do all day? Ain’t you some kind of kids’ birthday clown?”

“I am a magician! It’s fun for all ages! Get the hell out of my house.”

The thought that this was a trap occurred to him. It would be just like the Society to lure him somewhere with no witnesses and permanently disappear him. But they did roll out the vellum, and Walter realized he believed what he said. He was a magician, and a damn fine one – and it was high time the Society recognized it.

But he’d be smart about it. Besides, it was a gala, it wouldn’t do to go alone. He called his one-time girlfriend Linh. One-time wife, almost, except she wanted kids and he hated Billy.

“It’s so good to hear from you, Wally!” She’d long ago conquered English, though never quite got rid of the accent. “You deserve some recognition. But I can’t go with you, sorry. I’m a grandma now! Yay! I have recitals to see.”

“Sure Linh. I get it.”

“Wally. Listen. This is a happy day. You’re getting what you always wanted, and what you deserve. Don’t hold on to old grudges.”

“Sure, Linh.”

“I mean it. You’re sixty-three years old. Start being happy.”

“Thanks, Linh.”

Walter ended up hiring an escort named Theresa.

The venue was the Joan Highland Centennial Hall at the Shaftesbury Convention Centre. Harold met them outside when their taxi pulled up, his arms wide.

“Wally! So glad you could make it!” Harold wore his ceremonial Master of the Society robes – a gaudy thing of cascading red and gold silks – because Harold had never been ignored by the Society bigwigs.

“Yes, well.” Walter extricated himself from Harold’s hug. “Frankly I’m a little surprised. What with all the threats, legal and otherwise.”

Harold threw his head back with laughter. “Oh dear, yes! Oh dear, oh dear!” Theresa joined in laughing. “My goodness, but you sure got us good. We fell for it, hook, line, and sinker.”

“Fell?” Walter snatched Theresa’s hand, which had started massaging Harold’s be-silked bicep. “Who fell? Fell for what?”

“C’mon, Wally. We’ll catch up later. They’re waiting for you inside.” Harold led him into the cavernous convention room. Hundreds of white-clothed tables dotted the mauve carpet, each of them holding a half-dozen tall candles. Upon each were also decks of cards, metal hoops, handkerchiefs – an appetizer of legerdemain.

Every table he passed, people smiled at him and waved. Seemed like everyone in the Society was here. And for some skin crawling reason, they brought their pets, too. Cats lay on the tables and dogs lay underneath. Owls sat perched on shoulders and snakes draped around necks. And when Walter saw the first of many rats, his stomach churned.

But the people were waving books at him too. His books. It took him a moment to recognize his own face grinning back at him, from the bottom one-fourth of the cover. He was everywhere. Every single guest had their own copy of his exposé on the world of magicians.

The thought of all the sales made his skin tingle – and then it shrivelled by the nagging why. These people had spent months screaming at him to keep their secrets. This had to be a trick.

Walter’s table was right near the stage, and instead of a chair they had given him an ornate throne. Theresa and Harold sat on either side of him, and when he took his seat he was startled by the whole room clapping and hooting.

“They love you!” Harold said, grinning.

“But why!?”

He didn’t have time to think about it. There was a red flash on the stage and a fwoosh of sparkling blue smoke, and when it cleared an ancient man stood at the podium. His billowing blue and gold robe identified him as the Grand Master of the Society, though that time-ravaged face and those milky pink eyes could only belong to one man: Nasir al-Tajir.

The flash, dead simple pyrotechnics. The smoke, a mechanism in the stage – though the blue sparkles were a nice touch. The appearance, the oldest trick in the book. Nasir had just been crouching behind the podium. Well, admittedly impressive for a man pushing a hundred. Actually, that was the real magic. Far as Walter could tell, Nasir hadn’t changed in appearance at all over the past forty years.

Nasir raised a hand with a finger extended, and a small bird landed upon it. Everyone said it was a cuckoo, but how would Walter know? They all lied to him anyway. But the fact was Nasir always had his bird nearby. How long did cuckoos live? Maybe he swapped them out.

“My noble witches and warlocks,” said Nasir, his voice two tombstones grating against each other. “We are gathered tonight to recognize the contributions of a remarkable member of this most honourable Society.” The crowd cheered. “Through undeterred force of will and courage, he manufactured a crisis that united us in a way we haven’t been united since John Dee.”

Walter had no idea who that was, but he recalled a Society bake sale a few years back, where someone had brought store-bought cookies. Maybe it was that guy. Either way, the crowd muttered somber approval.

“And then, having brought us to unity, he showed us the dangers of single-mindedness! We, who are the Ever Vigilant, so easily allowed our attention to drift. We fell for the simplest of ruses.” Muttered approval from the audience. “Yes, Sisters and Brothers, he demonstrated that we are not infallible. Our hubris, too high. If we are to be the Ever Vigilant, we must be: ever vigilant!”

The crowd cheered uproariously. Walter propped his head up with his arm and sighed. Leadership just loved waffling on about such rubbish instead of focusing on useful things, like finding a new cape supplier since Winston’s shut down.

“And now, without further ado, I call upon the man of the hour to join me on stage. Walter Pratt, if you will!”

Everyone stood, thundering applause as he mounted the steps. More when he shook Nasir’s ghoul hand. Standing in front of a crowd was Walter’s bread and butter, and yet he felt an inexplicable chill as Nasir rambled on about lifetime achievement.

Lifetime achievement. It really did come at the end of your life, didn’t it? And what exactly was his achievement? That he spilled the beans about magic tricks? That he spent forty years pulling things out of people’s ears?

God, Billy is right, the little shit. Worse, birthday clowns had been eating his lunch for years. Those guys didn’t kid around.

“What a wonderful little book!” said Nasir, holding up a copy for the cheering audience. “Look at all these amusing little tricks, these quaint little deceptions. Pick a card! It’s all quite creative for the mundane.”

“Fuc–” began Walter, but the roar of the audience drowned his objection. It took trembling effort not to strike the old man. Walter knew his tricks were as good as anyone else’s. Better even! Certainly better than those of a brittle centenarian who had never, in living memory, actually performed.

“I would ask you for an autograph,” Nasir said, “but we all know how dangerous it is to give your name away to our Dread Patrons!” The audience lost it. Someone fell off their chair, they were laughing so hard.

Walter was bemused. Certainly, he’d had his share of bad clients, like that damned Jacob Martin who dragged out paying his fee for nearly fourteen months, but he failed to see what was funny about it.

Unless, of course, the audience was laughing at him.

“I’ve a question for you, Pratt.”

Walter must have zoned out, because Nasir was now holding a golden statuette of an onion of all things.

“One we’re all wondering. What inspired you to write such a thing? I mean, as a smokescreen it’s brilliant. Hiding in plain sight.”

Oh, no, it wasn’t an onion. It was one of those pots that witches had at Halloween. Still a weird thing to have, given it was April.

“It’s absolutely a perfect distraction for the, erm, muggles, as it were. But the question remains: where did you get such an idea? These tricks are the heart of banality itself. Amusing, certainly, but it’s all handwork. Smoke and mirrors. One does not even begin to tread a ley line, nor channel the first smidgeon of mana.”

Oh, Christ! The little plaque on the statuette had his name on it. Was this his lifetime achievement award? Is that all he was worth to these people? A frigging Halloween onion!?

“So, tell us. Wherever did you even get the idea for these parlour tricks?”

Walter glared at Nasir. Glared at those cloudy eyes, cold as a distant star.

“You want tricks? How about I show you a trick. A real disappearing trick.”

“Oh?” Nasir looked out at the crowd, and they roiled with excitement. “Sure, sure! That would be splendid.”

Walter grabbed the mic from the podium and opened his mouth. But before he could give them a piece of his mind, he fumbled it and it fell on the floor. The speakers around the room whumped and feedback screamed.

Close enough. Walter marched off the stage, the silent room watching him.

When he got home, he packed his magician’s things into a trunk, slammed the lid, and shouted into the empty house, “I am retired!” He sat at his computer looking up what retired people do, and fishing caught his eye. With any luck, the sales from his book would let him get a boat.

Linh was right, it was time to start living.

“Hey, Wally,” said Harold.

Walter shrieked and nearly tossed his laptop onto the floor.

“Sorry for startling you. Hey, listen! Everyone absolutely loved your disappearing trick!”

Walter sputtered, and finally managed a “What!?

“They loved it.”

“But why!? I just stormed off! I basically told them to kiss my ass! I mean, I thought it anyway. And it was in my body language.”

“Well, you had us going again. Here we thought you were just going backstage to get some components, and considering how long it was taking, we were expecting a real big ritual. Like, the kind of channeling–”

“–channeling?–”

“–yeah, like historically big, like the time Marcus Aurelius made Earth’s other moon vanish, or when Merlin–”

“–wait, what!?–”

“–right back into the stone. That kind of thing. But no, you got us again. You just walked off. Total misdirection. I gotta tell you, Nasir was ecstatic. This whole ‘mundane magic’ thing is really taking off.”

Walter huffed. “I am way too sober for this. Listen, I’m glad you guys had fun or whatever, but I’m out.”

“Out?”

“Done. Finished. Finito. Officially: retired.”

“Oh, I see,” said Harold. He withdrew the lifetime achievement statuette from one of his sleeves and put it in Walter’s hands. “I hear you. We all need a break, and surely you deserve one. But listen–”

“–nope, don’t care.”

“Okay, but if you ever did, your whole little mundane tricks thing really caused a stir. Lots of interest. If you ever wanted to do consulting, you’d have a lot of customers lining up.”

“I said I don’t… consulting, you say?”

“Oh yes. Even Nasir’s trying his hands at the card stuff. Lots of customers. Big money.”

“Oh. Well… maybe I’ll think about it.”

“That’s all I ask, buddy.” Harold checked his watch. “Well, I suppose it’s time I was off. Let you catch some sleep.”

“Right, thanks. Oh wait! How the hell did you get into my house?”

Harold chuckled. “Good one! Teleporting of course.”

“Telewhating?”

“Cheers,” said Harold. Then he clapped his hands, once, and vanished in a flash of green light.

Walter dropped his Halloween onion.

July 18, 2023 22:40

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

51 comments

Amanda Lieser
20:33 Aug 11, 2023

Hi Michal, Goodness I feel like we have all met a Walter in our lives in one form or another. He’s got a great soul and a bunch of creativity, without an ability to execute all of his. I highly admire his passion and felt his sincere anticipation for his future with every line. Nice work!!

Reply

Michał Przywara
22:00 Aug 14, 2023

Thanks, Amanda! Yeah, seems like most people know a Walter - a couple people have said as much, so it must be so :) Glad you enjoyed the story :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Gregg Punger
01:14 Aug 03, 2023

Great story! Hilarious with a great twist.

Reply

Michał Przywara
22:40 Aug 03, 2023

Thanks, Gregg! I'm glad you enjoyed it :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Susan Catucci
16:28 Jul 27, 2023

Hi Michal - what a satisfying read. Walter is a ridiculous hoot - dialogue with Billy world-class funny. This was romp with plenty of layers to consider as you read and more that lingered after reading. Nothing better than this! (No surprise, just consistent Michal.) :)

Reply

Michał Przywara
20:43 Jul 27, 2023

Yeah, the Billy scene was fun to write :) I'm sure there's a history there. Sure Walter's got a reputation in his whole neighbourhood. Gives off "get off my lawn" vibes. Thanks for dropping by, Susan!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
15:36 Jul 25, 2023

Another cinematic marvel, Michal. I'd love you to write the screenplay for this and see it on film. (People's pettiness is always fun. Mix that with magicians. Poof! Masterpiece.) My favorite line: “I am a magician! It’s fun for all ages! Get the hell out of my house.” Minor (very minor) thing --> I'm not sure about the punctuation of this sentence. Maybe italicize internal dialogue? "Linh was right, it was time to start living."

Reply

Michał Przywara
22:20 Jul 26, 2023

You know, I've never tried my hand at a screenplay, but just might have to one of these days. You're right about pettiness - maybe irritating in real life, but great for adding conflict :) Thanks for pointing out both those sentences - always good to know what lands and what doesn't. I've had an aversion to italicized internal thoughts for a while now. Not sure why. I think it started when I saw successful, unambiguous quote-free dialogue, but I like the idea of internal thoughts blending with the limited third-person narration. Guess this...

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Sophia Gavasheli
18:28 Jul 24, 2023

Hah, so clever! I love how Walter didn't realize he was in a society of "real" magicians, and how the society didn't realize he was an "ordinary magician." Rereading, I saw the little hints, like how the magicians had owls and cats. A continuation with Wally teaching magic tricks to real magicians would be hilarious. Nicely done!

Reply

Michał Przywara
01:15 Jul 26, 2023

Thanks, Sophia! Yeah, that could be a funny follow up :) Glad it was enjoyable!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
02:49 Jul 24, 2023

For some reason, I portrayed Walter as Ebenezer Scrooge from the animated movie: A Christmas Carol. Brilliant writing👏👏

Reply

Michał Przywara
20:43 Jul 24, 2023

Thanks, Muthukumarasamy! Heh, Scrooge is a neat comparison - not one I pictured, but I can see it now that you mention it :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Sue Hunter
00:04 Jul 24, 2023

Hi MP. I’m going to try doing a long critique of your story, not to try and nit-pick or anything like that, but because I need some practice in critiquing and I hope that by deeply analyzing the works of others I can make my own stories better. So here goes! Pros: As usual with your stuff, I am engaged from the first letter until the last piece of punctuation. Your opening immediately gets the reader's attention: why is the red envelope important, and what could be inside? Saying that Walter had “struck a fatal blow against the New East C...

Reply

Michał Przywara
20:52 Jul 24, 2023

Thanks for the great feedback, Sue! I think you're absolutely on the right track. When I started digging into stories - both the good parts and the bad - it helped me take a more critical look at my own work. Definitely a good skill to cultivate :) Very glad to hear the story was enjoyable, and led to some chuckles :) And thanks for pointing out those issues, particularly where the prose tripped up the reader. I missed it, as I was far too familiar with the story. I've a tendency to overuse commas too. Something I've been working on curb...

Reply

Sue Hunter
23:00 Jul 24, 2023

I thought the 'shrivelled' thing could have been an American/British difference. I guess I need to become more cultured in my own language!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Mary Richards
16:38 Jul 22, 2023

Great story! I think we all know a "Walter." Thanks for sharing.

Reply

Michał Przywara
20:54 Jul 24, 2023

Thanks, Mary! No doubt :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
16:13 Jul 22, 2023

Walter! Love him! Great concept as well, never seen this idea before . The dialogue sparkles between all the characters and all the Cross purpose talk is brilliantly crafted and quite funny! Great again Mical!

Reply

Michał Przywara
01:29 Jul 23, 2023

Thanks, Derrick! I'm glad you like it :) Cross purpose talk can be fun to write, and it's good to hear it cane be fun to read too. Appreciate your feedback!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
14:34 Jul 22, 2023

Very funny! Nicely timed reveal. I love that nobody seems to have any ideology: they’re just going about their business.

Reply

Michał Przywara
22:29 Jul 22, 2023

Thanks, Anne! Yeah, quite a bit of self-absorbed obliviousness here :) I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Aeris Walker
12:29 Jul 22, 2023

I thoroughly enjoyed this one! Walter is a great character; his behavior over opening the letter, his summoning Billy to do it, then his frustration with Billy for his observations about his magic career—all fantastic stuff. Walter feels real. Loved this description: “his voice two tombstones grating against each other” —that perfectly fit the image I had of him in my mind, and is such a clever way to describe a voice. I appreciate the levels of irony in the plot—how even this extravagant banquet is a belittling event for Walter who doesn’...

Reply

Michał Przywara
14:55 Jul 22, 2023

Thanks, Aeris! Always lovely to hear from you :) Yeah, seems like Walter got an idea in mind, and then everything just served to confirm it. Glad the story was enjoyable :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Kevin Logue
06:42 Jul 22, 2023

What a brilliant story Michal! You are word smith of epic proportions, so engrossing and witty. Keep up the great work!

Reply

Michał Przywara
22:10 Jul 22, 2023

Thanks Kevin! High praise :) I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Delbert Griffith
12:17 Jul 21, 2023

Friggin' fantastic, Michal! As usual, your tale says more than what meets the eye. You have the uncanny ability to put more substance between the lines than in the actual lines themselves. Masterful writing, my friend. Walter, as a character, is fabulous. How you managed to make him almost three-dimensional is beyond me. You either love to hate him or hate to love him. His brief interaction with Billy is very revealing of his character. "I hope there is a bomb." Laughed my ass off at that line. I see miscommunication as the theme to this t...

Reply

Michał Przywara
20:34 Jul 21, 2023

Thanks, Del! I always look forward to your feedback - it's made my day :) Right on with the themes. I find miscommunication provides endless opportunity for conflict. Maybe that sucks in real life, but it's wonderful for stories. Glad to hear you enjoyed it! And that Walter came across as 3d, that's always great to hear :) I appreciate the feedback as always!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Antonio Jimenez
07:56 Jul 21, 2023

Awesome story! The writing was fantastic. The pacing was perfect and the characters were interesting and enjoyable. I loved the twist ending. Well done! I’d love for you to check out my newest story and maybe leave some feedback,. I need the help, thanks!

Reply

Michał Przywara
20:36 Jul 21, 2023

Thanks, Antonio! I'm glad you enjoyed it :) I appreciate the feedback.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Chris Miller
22:06 Jul 20, 2023

"...except she wanted kids and he hated Billy." That is a great line. Funny and also tells us about his petty little narrow mind. Great story Michal. Good work.

Reply

Michał Przywara
20:39 Jul 21, 2023

Thanks, Chris! I liked that line too - made it in during editing, and replaced a much blander statement. I appreciate the feedback!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
3i Writer
01:27 Jul 20, 2023

Great twist. Although I would wonder why the Society of Magician took so long and yet not able to figure out Walter is a muggle. But then again, that goes to show Walter's magic trick is indeed another level. But why would Walter have a grudge with the Society, that he had to strike 'a fatal blow'?

Reply

Michał Przywara
20:47 Jul 20, 2023

Yeah, I think they had enough in common to talk about, that Walter just assumed the Society were like him, and vice versa. As to why he wants revenge - he seems like a fairly dissatisfied man in general, and I think he's upset he's already in his sixties and never got the recognition he thought he was owed. He figured maybe writing a book revealing things would put his name on the map. Thanks for reading!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
20:59 Jul 19, 2023

Hi Michal, I enjoyed this a lot. I did see it coming, but it was charming none-the-less. Some wonderful phrases, the guy whose voice is two grave stones grating against each other or something was fantastic. I really like the premise - great idea.

Reply

Michał Przywara
01:17 Jul 20, 2023

Thanks, Katharine! I'm glad you enjoyed it :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RJ Holmquist
15:39 Jul 19, 2023

Coincidentally, I just finished "The Prestige" which is the perfect counterpoint for all the humor in this, so I was laughing out loud all the way. The moment when you imagine seeing the room full of wizards waiting for him to come back on stage was particularly well set-up. So where does that leave Wally? A success despite himself? The ultimate bumbling wizard? Will he the one to actually catch a fish "thiiiiiiiis big" when there is no one around to see it?

Reply

Michał Przywara
20:42 Jul 19, 2023

Thanks, RJ! It took them half an hour before someone said, "I don't think he's coming back." :) As for Walter, who knows. But it seems the world isn't quite as small as he thought it was. I appreciate the feedback!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Bruce Friedman
14:33 Jul 19, 2023

Wonderful story, Michal. Great pacing and dialogue. I had to look up the term ley lines. The lesson that I learned from your story is that sometimes the pedestrian and common looks unique, as in just walking off the stage. It's all in the perceptions and expectations of the observers.

Reply

Michał Przywara
20:44 Jul 19, 2023

Thanks, Bruce! Yeah, it's not an everyday term for sure. I'm glad you enjoyed it :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Michelle Oliver
13:22 Jul 19, 2023

As usual you have delivered a delightful take full of dry humour. Love it. I enjoy the way that both sides of the issue here, the MC and the New East Carborough Society of Magicians, Illusionists, and Practitioners, really do not understand the other. For me this story is about miscommunication, and different perceptions of truth. Walter believes his version of magic is the only truth and the society and its representatives have their own version. I loved his line… “He sat at his computer looking up what retired people do, and fishing caught...

Reply

Michał Przywara
20:46 Jul 19, 2023

Thanks, Michelle! That's a great take! Miscommunication is a fantastic tool to add conflict in stories, and yeah, Walter seems a little self-absorbed and single-minded - misses a lot of clues until the end. It's like they shared just enough in common, that each thought they were talking about the same thing for decades, when that wasn't the case. I appreciate the feedback!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.