0 comments

Crime

Breakfast in Bed

I was late for the school bus, I clearly thought I was late for school. As the bus drove off. i had to walk back in the rain. I got into my bed and mother came to check on me as if I were in my bed sick. I had a splitting cold in the winter. So mother always was a great nurse. But never gave cough medicines or anything, she had other remidies that worked.

I was happy I did not go to school this day and faked to be sick and stayed at home. Mother gave me a warm lemonade and honey with the scent of Lavendar on a few flowers.

Late for school

I picked up my bags of books and had my home key for when i came back from school, i can be let in. But my key was not on the key ring. I stopped by the ice cream parlor; sat and thought what i should do, since it was 10am and mother got a new job babysitting. I thought when i got home would be 4hrs by now. I was late for school and first class I got a really bad grade and could not concentrate on my homework. So i got sent home.

Secret key

I ran home and a bus was waiting for me as i had past me stopped and asked "Do you want a ride", The really scary bus driver said. "I'll take you to the moon and back". Yes I will take his offer; so I got on. Oh my bag will sit right near me on the next seat. As I promised not to forget anything. I always have a habit of getting on the wrong but but this was cool. It was not one of those traveling ones but it was more normal. I had a lot of fun waiting for the next one at a dark alley that stared at me back and fourth a dog came my way. Ahhh! I started running back to the school, and i will wait for the normal bus.I had an idea, somewhere my mom hides her key. There was a new garden Knome out on the side of the garden of flowers. I reached out in a grasping hold for the knome head folded back; it was a key on a tiny pillow.

The note from school

and

my math teacher

"Where have you been", asked father, "I went to the library", i lied to him so when mom got home she usually makes cookies or brownies. So I showed him a book, i had bought from scholastics with money i had been saving up from my chores. He wanted to see what library book i had. The not looked foreign, not a typical not from dad or mom. "The Math Teacher wants to retest you on the quarterly exam".

NOTE: Says her: Dear john how have you been we have been needing to contact you. Keeping you in our memories as we still cherish you. And Max how is he well for starters we will not go on with this. He hasnn't really been in school He has failed his math test cause he said he did not remember to study as per say vocabulary terms in Math.

We do not seem him much we were asking if he can return to school. Please let us know if a new address or phone call us we need to talk.

My bus seat was empty

recollecting on my news, how things seemed just a lie but i do not lie but at least i come up with good ones that seem i am not a liar. The bucket was there for one reason but was led to me she had puppies and i got to keep one and ride the bus back to school. So this time the bus gave me a ride home. And My seat where i last sat was empty. My school bags had everything from calculators to watches and phones i had three for each line and cool stuff like pens & erasers and just a lot of magic. So ii miss my bag and how am i to replace everthing.

The Coffee Shop

I strolled by a coffee shop, the bus was not here so some italian guy waited on me and I wanted a chocolate pie with everything and a warm latte. He wrote everything down and he said he will be back with everything I checked for anyone who notices me cause i had a puppy in my box and the bus must have broke down. Or unless it was just all a nightmare. Drinking three (3) lattes helped i almost wanted to work here myself only they are a private restarunt from Italy. But I could't help myself from another and another. I stayed by so I knew my way around this circle mall. My pal puppy dog express was very cold in the rain and some old lady Mrs Hemming caught me by surprise and took me and puppy in as her room smelled of lilacs and roses. I knew i had no other relation but she had a picture of me on the bus. So I was worth her time. This is Me and Mr. Hemming at a yatch when we met. Good 'ol days of the golden years. I wondered if you ever knew him. Because he has been missing for a long time and at my age i never knew much about taveling

Me and Mrs Hemming

We had a lot of fun, little girl. and when i remember you cause you remembered me. I will always know something about you. You are a big girl now and off to college you must, please do not disappoint me.

I go to school tomorrow and i got my own city view of a place i sure at home will be well on its own. Please do not let me down.

April 24, 2021 15:11

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.