The Parallel Worlds

Submitted into Contest #196 in response to: Write a story involving a portal into a parallel universe.... view prompt

1 comment

Adventure Drama Inspirational

When he regained consciousness, he looked around. Understand that he is in his machine.

I was talking about Hasnat. He built a machine to control time. The problem is the machine didn't want to work. However, after so many years of research, he was finally able to build a machine. But he did not know that his machine could not control time. Rather, it will take him to a different world. No one has ever come to this world except him.

The machine does not want to work at first but starts to run in a hurry. He loses consciousness due to excessive pressure. When he regained consciousness he could not understand where he was. He looked around and realized that he was in his machine. But the machine is made of aluminum with an aluminum chair and other equipment inside. And there is a special speaker robot that helps Hasnat to work with instructions. There are no windows except for one door. Hasnat sat up with his hands on his head. His head is spinning and he is screaming in pain. Tarsus (special speaker robot) told him, "Get up then."

"You mean?"

"You were unconscious for three days."

Hasnat asks in surprise, "What! Three days?"

Now Hasnat could understand why he was so hungry.

"Yes. Anyway welcome to the other world."

Hasnat was so startled that when he heard the other world, lightning struck his head. He becomes restless. He said, "I made a time machine. Not a machine to go to another world."

"No, you made a machine to go to another world."

"What are you talking about? I made a time machine."

"There was a mistake in your equation. For which time control did not work but brought you into the parallel world."

Hasnat says angrily, "Why didn't you tell me that before?"

"You didn't ask me, so I didn't tell you."

Hasnat walks around the machine like crazy. He should go out and see what the other world looks like. Can't even open the door. He says angrily, "Why can't the door be opened?"

"Coming into the parallel world takes a small hit on the machine. This caused a malfunction in the door lock system."

Hasnat stopped. As if he could not believe his ears. He yells, "Ahhhhh! When will it be okay?"

"If you don't fix it, it won't work."

He was very disappointed to think that he would have to stay inside this small machine. He doesn't know what to do. He thought that by controlling time, he would go to the past and future. His discovery will be shown to the whole world. It's value will increase his respect. He is neglected by everyone. Parents, brothers and sisters all consider him useless. He has no friends yet. In fact, no one wants to be friends with people who are accustomed to living a simple life like him. Hasnat makes an equation of time alone. Accordingly he also made machines.Meanwhile, he did not bring any food with him, so he sat in an aluminum chair with his hands on his stomach.

Suddenly Hasnat says, " I'm going back to my world."

"Will you leave without seeing?""Let's see! The door is closed."

"You can't open the door even if you go back to your world."

Hasnat blackened his face and said, "That's right."

"Hmm, robots are always right."

Hasnat is not getting the strength to go to fix the lock. He began to squirm in agony of hunger. Has not eaten for three days. Tarsus says, "Won't you fix the lock?"

"I don't have that energy. Why did I go to control the time. Now I have moved to the parallel world. How can I go back? There is no profit in going back. The door cannot be opened."

Hasnat sat with pressure on his stomach and cried. Tarsus says, "What can I do for you?"

"Bring food."

I love this abstract painting. So I put it here.

pexels.com

Tarsus goes silent. He can't bring food. He's the only speaker robot that can't do anything but talk. Hasnat takes some equipment to open the lock. Trying to open the lock with the pain of hunger in the stomach but repeatedly failed. The door is stuck too badly. With frequent breaths, Hasnat almost fell to the ground. The speaker robot said, "Can't you open it?"

Hasnat did not answer. Hasnat whispered and said only one thing, "I am very hungry."

Hasnat will almost lose consciousness due to anxiety and hunger. Just then he saw with a blink of an eye that the door of the machine was broken and someone was entering. Tarsus exclaimed, "What a beauty!"

A beautiful girl in strange clothes is standing with a strange instrument in her hand and is looking at him. But then he lost consciousness.

When he regained consciousness, he found himself trapped inside the machine. He asks, "Who came?"

Tarsus says, "Beautiful, beautiful, shining like a diamond, shining like the light of the spring sun, clear as clear water, white as a cloud, her smile like honey, her eyes drawn like the princess of a dream, her hair long as Rupanzel and beautiful, like a pearl, her teeth pearly.As beautiful as if someone had brought pearls from the sea and planted them, the fingernails and the tongue…."

Hasnat says angrily, "Shut up!"

Tarsus's nonsense stopped. Hasnat heard the sound of laughter. The girl enters through the door smiling. Hasnat sees her.

Eyes widened. She is not as beautiful as Tursus described but very beautiful. Not as white as the clouds. Her skin has been burnt in the sun. But Hasnat never thought that someone could look so beautiful even in a tan color. Brown lips will beat red lips. The depth of the black eyes is hitting Hasnat's heart with a hammer. She doesn't have hairs as Rupanzel, she has curly hair up to the waist. And it fits her well. She is not the princess of dreams, this is more beautiful than that.

The girl tells him, "This machine of yours is very funny."

Hasnat is staring. It's hard to talk

"Yes, I know that."

Hasnat asks Tars in surprise, "Does she know our language?"

"Yeah. Because it's a parallel world. Where you are now is your own room. But it's only in your world. In the parallel world there is another place for your room. The language here and the language of your world are one."

The girl blinks and rolls her eyes and says, "What is he saying?"

Hasnat looked at the girl and said, "Let me go. Why hold me?"

"You're a thief."

"What do you mean, I'm not a thief. Do I look like one,eh?"

"Hmm. Where did you come from in my garden without permission? Again with such a big machine, wearing strange clothes! I was not at home for three days, you tried to steal."

"Heyy I'm not a thief. I'm from a parallel world!""What is it again?"

"Don't you know the parallel world?"

"No."

May 01, 2023 20:50

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

Joseph Morris
18:29 May 11, 2023

Struggled a bit with present tense POV. Found it difficult to follow and a bit uncomfortable, but that may just be me.

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.