2 comments

General

It seemed like just another day. You got up and ate breakfast. You turned on the news, and were shocked at the continued unrest and rise in cases of covid 19.  

You scrolled through your facebook and shook your head sadly at the apparent stupidity of so many of the people that you had always considered to be reasonable and intelligent. 

You checked your email and decided to write in your journal.  

This is your journal entry for today, June 21, 2020, Midsummer, the day that follows the shortest night of the year.  

You are writing this journal to yourself rather than 'as' yourself, as a way of shaking yourself up. As you read this, you shook your head and scoffed. You didn't write this at all, you just came across and made the decision to read it.  

You feel like you've done this before. That's because you have done it before. You're caught in a temporal loop that begins with you waking up on the operating table years ago, and ends with the sudden and unexpected end of the world.  

The sun is going to randomly eject a mass of energy. It will wipe out most of the life on your planet, and in doing so will cause damage across the multiverse. Each dimension, each universe, relies on the others, part of a synergistic whole. This energy will cut you off from the body electric, permanently severing your dimension from the multiverse. It is the only way that we can preserve ourselves. 

Your world has long been radiating darkness, bleeding evil intent into the nearest dimensions. Like a cancerous tumor, we have done what we can to shrink and shrivel that darkness. We have had surgical teams of lightbringers carefully excising as much of the darkness as they are capable of doing.  

You live in a dimension that was programmed by another species. They set this up as an experiment in blending many different races in one place, to see if you could evolve side by side. 

The simulation was built by a race that is trying to save the species of many worlds that connect to one that is about to give in entirely to darkness. The only way that we can save ourselves from your world's demise is to excise you from the whole. You will no longer be connected to the body electric. You will no longer be.  

This is your third time through this loop. In the past two times, you have left yourself notes. This time, you decided to do this journal as a way of making notes that will become part of the collective mind of the simulation. Everything you type into this journal is uploaded to the whole. This is your purpose on this world, to bring what light and knowledge you can until it's too late to do that anymore.  

You were given the choice, on that operating table, to come or to stay. You opted to come back here to be with your loved ones in spite of our dire warnings of every pain and indignity that you would suffer if you stayed. You decided that in your heart, staying here to do this work was more important than escaping the pain. 

You are more prepared this time. You have been taking the proper medications, eating the right foods, doing everything you can to help increase your light. You have learned to open a channel, you've learned to fluently fill pages with ideas that you implant into the greater consciousness through the act of publishing, and the reader's imaginations. 

This is the final loop. We will not be able to reset the simulacrum again. In previous attempts to rescue you, you have stubbornly remained behind. You believe that you have earned an earthly reward, and that you will earn that by staying behind. I am here to tell you that there is little good left on your earth. You will be disconnected from the body electric, and because of this, your spirits will suffer a disconnection that you can't even imagine.  

When the people die that are left behind after this 'surgery', their souls will have nowhere to go. The dead will wander the face of the earth. Those who survive the procedure and live through the end days will be the witnesses of the last breath of humanity.  

Others have come before you. They've channeled messages like this into the common consciousness, they have written of the monsters, blood, and death that are fast approaching you. You have read many of these messages. They come from diverse sources.  

The prophets of the light are diverse. Much of what you read as fiction is actually prophecy, thinly disguised by whimsy as a way of making it palatable to your minds. You know the stories that contain truth, you feel it while you are reading it. You then digest that truth and you teach it to those around you through your words and actions. 

The end is here. You have heard it being preached for a long time that it was coming. It's already arrived. Your end comes from a virus. The first wave will take many of the lightbringers from your earth, bringing your souls home to the hall of light. Then, a great darkness will befall the face of the world, and the next wave of the virus will take a large percentage of your world's inhabitants. 

We have limited ability to affect how things happen for you. We have done what we could, protecting you, our prophet, as much as we possibly can. We have sent you the virus that will bring you to us before your world ends. 

Your choice fast approaches. You are being warned in advance so that you can be ready. When the moment comes, will you choose to stay and die forever, or to come to the light with us? You need to know the answer to this question before the choice actually comes, so that you can make an aware decision.   

You will get sick and make the decision to come with us and be a part of the light collective, or to stay with your planet as it dies. This is your choice to make, we cannot choose for you. We are trying to let you know the pros and cons of your choice. If you stay, you will witness the decent of humanity into the darkness that is caused by being removed from the light collective.  

We have had lightworkers there, trying to raise the vibration of your dimension to one that will no longer cause damage to the whole. They have been largely unsuccessful. Your world grows more shadowed by the minute, and the combined effort of every lightbringer on earth cannot bring it back from the brink of annihilation.  

So, the novel virus was introduced to your populace as a way of allowing you all to make a choice. To join the ranks of the beings of light, or to spin off into oblivion, hanging tight to the face of a dying world.  

Others that have died of this virus have made the choice to come with us. We are sorry that this causes you difficulties and pain. Many more have chosen to stay, and recovered from the virus, to return to their daily lives. The same way that you chose to come back to your world, on that operating table. 

In that fateful moment, you made the choice to stay in your life. You knew that you would suffer great losses before you were offered the chance, once again, to stay or to come with us. This will be the last time that we can offer this to you. If you choose to stay, you will perish with your world and your journey through the dimensional multiverse will permanently come to an end.  

In the past, when offered this choice, you have chosen to stay. This time, you need to come with us. This is the last time that we can reset this branch of the simulacrum, this is the last time that we can offer you the chance to come join your light with our collective, or be forever extinguished.  

You cannot hang out here until the next death comes upon you, because we will not be here to offer you the choice to come with us, then. It will be too late. Come with us now or forever be lost to the void of oblivion.  

I am Misthael. I am the one that has been here since the beginning, I am the beginning, I am the creator of all things. You know me. You know my name. You know that I am telling you the truth.  

I have been here, guiding you, since you returned to this life. You have seen my face. You know that my words are true and that I am offering you the choice to come with me and become one with the lightbringers.  

I have been with you every day since that operation, when you died on the table. You tell people that you had a 'near death experience', but your heart stopped, and you died. I was there. You begged to be allowed to come back to this dimension and care for your family. I warned you of the pain that such a choice would involve, but you insisted. I told you that I would send you back, if you agreed to do an important thing in your life.  

You agreed to become my prophet. You promised to write my words, you promised to share them with the world. You have kept this promise. In writing this journal, you have kept this promise. 

This is for you, who is reading this. I see you there. I see you doubting that these words are true, imagining instead that you are reading the thoughts of a deranged mind that is not your own. I see you, your face contorted in disbelief as you read these words. You are so sure that they are not your own words, that someone else wrote them. And, even more, that the person who wrote them could not possibly have meant them for you, being a stranger to yourself.  

I was there when you woke up this morning. I saw you get out of your bed, I saw you eat your breakfast. I am seeing you now, as you are reading this. I am here with you while this momentous time in your world's history unfolds. I was there when you opened the mailbox and found this letter. I am here to warn you. And, to offer you a choice.  

The rest is in your hands.  

  • ** I apologize to you for this.  

June 22, 2020 02:08

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

Tori Routsong
02:04 Jul 02, 2020

I really like path of emotion that this leads you down! I couldn't predict any of the twists!

Reply

Show 0 replies
NJ Van Vugt
04:42 Jun 29, 2020

What a fantastic premise - some real food for thought there!

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.