The Paranormal Vacation

Submitted into Contest #8 in response to: Write a story about an adventure on the water.... view prompt

0 comments

Adventure

June 8th 2019

  My friend Taylor and I are going on a week long boat trip, I'm so excited! Right now I am finished packing. I have five swimsuits one bikini thats white with black polka dots,one is a pink and white striped bikini, and the last three one piece bathing suits that are all solid colors one blue,one green and one yellow. I also have eight outfits. I am bringing three sets of sandals as well. We are going from June 10th to June 17th. We are going on her boat that her parents bought her when she was 19 since he family is very rich but dont get me wrong mine is, but i'm more into clothes and shoes as you can probably tell already.We are now both 21 and are ready for a vacation on our own. Today it is the 8th of June and I'm already so excited. Tomorrow night I am staying over at her house so that when we wake up we can go right away. On her boat she has a barbeque and a huge kitchen with a fridge and a bunch of cabinets filled with food. We are also bringing our food. OK I better go to sleep now.  

    June 9th 2019

 I just woke up and it is 9:30 Am, i'm just getting ready to go over to Taylor's house with all my stuff.

I just got to Taylor's house and she says we have to leave today because her parents want to have an adult gathering at the house and we were ready anyways so we went. On the way to the marina we went to a couple stores to get floaties and some treats.  We finally got to the marina where her boat is at 3:30 PM and launched the boat at around 4:00 PM after getting all of our stuff on the boat. Once we got all of our stuff in our room 

that we share that has two seperate beds we went to make dinner that was mashed potatoes and gravy that night. We went outside around 7 to see the sunset before heading to bed since we wanted to wake up early the next morning.

June 10th 2019

I just woke up but Taylor isn't up yet so I'm just going to get some cereal and change into a bathing suit so that I can go swimming in  the beautiful Georgian Bay. By the time I finished my cereal Taylor was up and wanted to go swimming so we both changed into our bathing suits, mine was the blue one piece and hers was a pink one piece. We went swimming for a good three hours and when we were done we went inside to make some grilled cheeses for lunch but before we could finish we heard a noise from the downstairs bunk. Of course Taylor had to go see what it was since she loves mysteries, I was scared but I couldn't just let her go by herself could I? so I went with her, but what happened next you won't believe and I don't even know if I'll be able to say it.

                                              June 15th 2019

I've finally brought myself to say it. It's been five days since it happened and we came home as soon as possible afterwards so i've been home for those five days as well.  In feel safe now and I have been comforted by my parents. What happened that afternoon when we went down into the bunk to see what the noise is so scary and I don't know if I'll be able to forget.

On June 10th of 2019 we heard a noise coming from the downstairs bunk where our bedroom was on the boat. We went downstairs to see what it was but nothing was there and while we were down there we didn’t hear the noise again. We went back upstairs and remembered that the grilled cheeses were still cooking. Taylor turned the stove off as quick as she could but there was smoke everywhere and the grilled cheeses were completely burnt. As soon as she got the kitchen aired out she went to put the second attempt of the grilled cheeses on the stove we heard the exact same noise as before. It sounded like footsteps. This time we were even more freaked out at least I was, Taylor was always up for mysteries and danger. She looked at me and I shook my head but she dragged me down with her. While we were walking down the steps I noticed something. I had felt a cold rush of air. A weird kind of cold, I just felt uncomfortable. But Taylor was still walking down the steps like it was Christmas morning while dragging me behind her. I just had a weird feeling about it but Taylor wanted to know what the noise is. She looked around for a bit while I sat on the stairs waiting for her to be done. Taylor finally finished looking and came back to the steps and we started to head upstairs, as we were about to walk through the doorway the door slammed in our faces and the door wouldn't open. They were trapped. I am the logical one out of the two of us so I just said it was probably the wind but I knew it wasn't. I was just so freaked out that I didn't want to admit what she said was probably true. “Ghosts” is all she said. She whispered it to. In about two minutes of trying to get out but still being trapped os when we both started freaking out. We FINALLY got out after about half an hour of us banging on the door and yelling at the top of our lungs the door opened. When we got out Taylor brought us home as fast as she could. We didn't talk about anything, I guess we were both just in shock. I went home and told my parents and Taylor did the same. To this day we don't talk about what happened that day as it took me five days to just write it down. I’ve been so scared that I couldn't even get out of bed for four of those five days. Me and Taylor talked but we tried to act like nothing happened. I most likely will never EVER go on her boat again. 

September 26, 2019 03:43

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.