1 comment

Fiction Romance Teens & Young Adult

It was about a week ago that I heard from a friend that Niko was staying in the Suite Sweden Heights. I never would've guessed that we would both end up in Sweden, out of all places. When we were at Evanston, I always thought that Niko was going to go to somewhere exotic, like LA or New York. But here we are, only a few minutes walk away from each other.

Our relationship could have never worked out even if I had possibly been so attractive and so popular. He's so outgoing and fun to be around, according to rumors, when I'm a bookworm who's much more of an introvert than an extrovert. It's a wonder though, that we two, the most polar opposite to exist in the whole entire world, end up in the same place. How did this happen? Does God want to thank me for all of the good deeds I've done to the world?

How did I end up here though? It's a wonder to me too. I guess I forgot about him after prom, but when Lisa told me that she had heard from a friend that Niko was in Sweden, I couldn't stop thinking about him. I wanted to at least confess a part of me from high school, and that I used to like him. Of course he wouldn't accept, or feel the same way, knowing the nerdy Kate. He used to be the star in our old school and I would always look up to him. It's not like I'm stalking him, or anything. I'm just simply trying to find him in this hotel to see how he looks. Yeah, definitely not a stalker.

"Oops-" I had bumped into a couple coming out of the hotel restaurant. I wanted to find him fast because I had class later today and I needed to get back by noon. I decided that going up to the front desk to ask where he was staying was the best idea. Totally not stalkerish. "Hi, could you tell me where Niko Smith is staying?" Obviously, I knew I wouldn't get an answer out of the assistant right away. The other people around me looked as if I was insane, trying to seek out personal information, but I was serious about trying to find where he was staying. As I was thinking about what to say, someone tapped me from the behind.

"Hi, are you talking about me?"

I swung my head back and there he was in the most perfect position. With a guitar swung over his shoulder, he had on a grey shirt and ripped jeans, looking more perfect than ever. I was speechless for a moment before responding.

"I- uh- Hi. I-"

"I don't believe we've met before. What's your name?"

Right, my name. Of course he wouldn't-. Wait, what? What did he just say? Did he just say he doesn't remember me? How could he not remember me after being in the same class for two years?

I have to admit that I did lose a couple of pounds. I also got rid of my square frame glasses and got colored contacts. I might have also dyed my hair. But did I change that much?

Before I knew it, we were going to the restaurant to talk since he didn't know who I was. I was following him and as I looked at his feet, there was a tiny black heart on his ankle. He even had a sense of style. I looked at my reflection on the way to the restaurant when we passed by a mirror. I guess you could say that I looked different from myself a year ago.

"Kate?"

I had lost way walking while looking at the mirror and I had almost bumped into the pillar. "Oh, my bad. I'm so clumsy,"

I felt so embarrassed.

The waiter led us to a table outside where the sun gleamed on our faces like the pride that my parents had when they learned I had gotten a full ride to NCS.

"I feel like I've seen you before, but I'm not sure where," claimed Niko all of a sudden. Yeah, we spent half of high school in the same class. But of course, I didn't say that. "By the way, why were you looking for me?"

"Oh, I- um, heard about you from a friend, and I-, Uh- "

"Oh, right." There was about five minutes of awkward conversation time before I noticed a sticker on his guitar case.

"Wait, do you like the Craglers?"

"Wait, do you? I've loved them since high school, and I listen to their music all the time. I've actually got tickets to their concert for next week!" I never knew that he was such a fan of rock. He definitely doesn't look the part. But our conversation took off after that. I was so surprised at how much stuff we had in common and I'm sure he was too. I had a few chuckles here and there and we were having so much fun talking that I was losing track of time. By the time we had finished our foods, it was already way past noon.

"Oh my gosh, I'm late to my class! Oh no..."

"Well, you should get going. I'll see you later?"

"Yeah, hopefully we do. See you!" I was so happy that I was able to talk with my dream crush that I lost track time. The smile would probably never wear off my face. I was walking when I heard my name being called.

"Kate!"

"Yeah?"

"Can I have your number?"

"Oh of course!" My dream. In Sweden. Never. What? "Also, I was wondering-" My invite to hang out with him again was cut off by Niko's voice overlapping mine.

"Do you want to come with me to the Craglers concert? It'll be like a little date," I freaked out. I was finally getting my wish, to go out with the popular and handsome guy.

"Of course. Yes, yes, yes!"

February 13, 2021 07:04

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

Aman Fatima
04:56 Mar 03, 2021

That's so cute how Kate behaved all shy and embarrassed. its a cute story. loved it!!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.