4 comments

Inspirational Creative Nonfiction Christian

Sitting in a chair, having a vacation in this beautiful place where I am at peace and hearing the chirping of the bird’s leads to serenity which I wish far beyond what I expected to be. I long for your presence, and I’m dying to meet you soon but sadly this time isn’t the best time, not because you weren’t ready, but because I wasn’t ready and the world isn’t ready. I have so much time to improve myself because that’s the best thing I could do now. While waiting for you, I found myself dreaming on the eternal happiness and peace the world should have. Forgive me that I wasn’t ready but one thing for sure I’m going to wait because I know that we will meet again as what you have told me. For the meantime, I am comforted by your words and I am thankful enough for that very thing. I have read your words every time I am down and it gives me joy that you always remind me that you love me. 

Proposing for five times and giving me the ring yet refusing to marry you is kind of disappointing but your very patient to wait for me to become ready. It was actually Christmas where you happened to surprise me, my family and your family were there and they were very excited. All of them were expecting that I’m going to accept the proposal but as I say I’m not ready, silence are in the place but seeing you react to my response is the most priceless reaction you had. You were such a good man and I think you weren’t expecting anything but still loving me unconditionally. You decided to go to abroad and I’m not going to see you every day, we will be far away but you promised to be back and you will be faithful and still loving me. The letter you left and the words that written on that paper truly gives me strength to go on in life. I know even that your far away still our hearts were so close. I am now building myself and becoming the woman deserving of your love.

As we were faraway, I keep reading the letters and they were thousands of it and searching for an answer every time I was confused and questioning the things around me and still going back to where I should be, to be at peace knowing that you’re always there for me. The first letter I have read makes me smile and knowing you more completes my joy. I will still smile even trials comes our way and I know that one day things will fall into a perfect place. Losing hope in this world isn’t good so I still believe that were going to see each other soon. Our love one’s were there and our friends are here to always remind me and guide me on what to do and sometimes there are days I say to myself that I’m tired, I may fall and cry but I always remind myself that things will be okay and wishing that you were here. 

Remembering the days when I was lonely, I look up and say a little prayer. I know that we maybe millions far away but as I look back on how happy we are knowing that we can be together the sooner brightens my day. I wonder on what chances do we have to meet each other this coming days, I am waiting patiently because I know you too waited for me. I am imagining on what will be the outcome of this waiting and then I remember the chances it was five times. I won’t regret because I know this is for our own good which is to change what I am and became a better woman. I miss your voice and it still repeating on me, I’ll be there and that’s what you say, you will always be here and I wish I can be with you too. If things go wrong, I wish to comfort you and if you’re crying, I wish to wipe your tears. I failed to realized that it really take long for me to reach the place to where we should be. 

You have loved me and you were there for me when no one else is and I am very grateful for the love you gave and for embracing my flaws and still accepting who I am. I will be forever grateful for your unending forgiveness and grace. I know it took me several chances to realize this but it’s all worth it because as I take every chances, I learned to know you deeper and build a long lasting relationship with you. I came to embrace the imperfections and seek you with all my heart. I learned to accept who I was created for and I know you will always find your way on coming back to me. I learned to ask and find the answers on you and as days goes by, I can say that it maybe took me five times, it doesn’t matter to you because what you see is a woman whom you loved. Now, I am here to wait for you and just like you always do. I won’t give up and I will always hope for your coming and I will endure till you come.

 I will continue to seek, to love and to know you more. I will embrace who I am created for and accepts you in my life as my one and only savior and love because you are more than the person I have known to be. I don’t know on what will still happened but as I face each day, I know your there to support and give me love. I know that it won’t change the fact that the ending will always be you. I have loved you deeply and I want to say that I am lucky to be chosen by you. 

December 23, 2020 14:19

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

4 comments

Hello there Gelyn! I really loved this story! I can see how this story can be a little inspirational, because it was beautiful! Such an amazing job! :)

Reply

Gelyn Pescuela
12:56 Dec 24, 2020

Thank you. It means a lot to me. :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Bonnie Clarkson
18:44 Dec 30, 2020

Liked that you said savior chose you rather than you him. Now that I know the end, I will reread it. It was a process to accept him. Good job, but watch your spelling and grammar.

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.