2 comments

Fantasy Crime Inspirational

She used to say nothing but she will act on anything to be something.

I used to visit my Aunty there was this flower I grow up knowing in the neighborhood. Soon I realise that it's holiday times I will ask to go visit my aunty as I am grown now wait till you hear my thoughts how it going down.


I was visiting my rich Aunt when I met her, it was early in the morning my Aunty waked me up so I can go to the tuckshop to go bread, cheese slice n dozen eggs so she can prepare lunch box for her little twins before their transport comes to fetch them to school while they still bathing. I put my running Tekkies cause I knew I won't feel a distance to run to tuckshop it won't take me even 4minutes I got out of our yard running the dogs (chiwawas) from neighbours started barking but that doesn't bother me I reached to tuckshop and bought things as instructed. On my way back the girl from the neighbor's was getting out the yard and chiwawas heard my steps and before she realise they already crossing by her feet to chase me I try to call them off they busy circling me barking ready to grab but I her to call them she was there filming me instead, I got irritated I didn't one of them like I was taking penalty shootout so the other chiwawa seen example now bark going back home.


I get into the yard so she stopped going to jog and take the chiwawa with her to check how bad does it hurt, I wanted to apologize but I felt awkward for a moment that she doesn't care if chiwawa could bite me. I delivered the grocery as expected and she started to prepare and putting them lunch box in bag packs for both, as some was remained for me I went to bath straight away when I saw boys come out of the bathroom. When I was busy preparing the water for bathing the transport arrived I had to go fix them boys bit quicker so they can hit the road, I did and aunty collect their bags cause I picking them up to the transport as I know they enjoy it I kissed them on the forehead said bye only to find out girl from neighbours little brother use same transport too she greet my Aunty,we meet but I can see that evil look as the transport took off me,aunty and girl from neighbours we still standing waving I return back in the yard. As I enter the house something says must look back I checked as I am guided then boom I find her looking at me, so I winked got inside I switch on some music loud a bit as I prefer it so I could bath. I started to bath I felt like I heard a knock but I couldn't be sure due to sound of music, she got furious felt like I am ignoring her knock.


I've done bathing now changed Pajama's to put my clothes on boil water so I can make cup of tea as I am onwaits for it to be ready I lower the music sound cause some show on TV was seem interesting due reading of subtitle and favourite character. I heard a yell out side but I sat down telling myself if that person really want me will come in as I know gate ain't locked water got ready I made cup of tea and the remaining water I pour on bowlso I can be able to wash dishes later.

So I recalled from last night conversation with aunty she asked me if I can atleast try cut her grass and trim trees as I always do, I went to fetch all the equipment in her garage so as I am preparing the equipment pulling extension cable so I could earn up the machine to cut grass I saw the girl from neighbours crossing the street carrying chiwawa coming to our yards but as much as I love challenge I kept it shady so she can speak her mind.


She saw the cup of tea she passed me and go fetch it, as I was shocked I thought she was going to spill it on my face or on the floor but suprise she started drinking. So I didn't say anything I smiled she ask me to hold the chiwawa when I asked her what should I do she said I should figure out what to do with that chiwawa fix it as she left with cup of tea I ask why she said she still enjoy it she will bring my cup back after she dog is fixed. I went to garaga and find box which was bigger than chiwawa height I put that chiwawa I saw pain relief spray so used it on the chiwawa too, as I went back to cut the grass. I started cutting grass she came back to check where is the chiwawa while I was cutting she was looking after chiwawa I cutted 2metres and now I used garbage disposal to load all the dirt grass on it as am busy I also ask her questions as she is introvert she just smile to some questions and. Some she will answer so I asked her if she has seen anyone lately she ask me if I could judge for myself and I said she has seen anyone she laughed, ask oh really how do I know if I am telling truth or lie I said you smiled when I say meaning you agree. She sighs as I am about to take 1st bag outside I pretended as it was heavy I needed help she laughed can to assist me telling me m lazy I told her I needed her attention to show that she seen someone and that someone was me now since she got no one. She tried to defend herself I told her I don't take no for an answer, if she promised anyone a chance she should cancel.


She laughed I remembered that I once send her friend request she hasn't replied, her response was she wanted to me to have guts to ask her instead like anyone who doesn't know her will invite her on social media to say whatever they want. I went back to continue with my cutting then while I was busy her father came to ask her home she left , she ask me to fix the chiwawa too I greeted her father too he waved and as I respond I will do my best switch off matching to move cables out of my way I heard her father interrogate her about the cup she lied is from her best friend she took it from her as she was drinking her favourite cup of of flavoured tea.

As I went back to work I laughed alone said to myself what a world we live on, so I continued till I was done cutting I fill the send garbage disposal with load of grass dirt she came back I asked her oh the cup of from your friend are we friend? She laughed in my thought dammit I am friendzoned. While I just sighs looking at her I picked up the garbage disposal like It was nothing, she became like can be an extra bag we laughed about it I place it out with the other cause garbage truck comes to collect later on she also went to go take hers out for the truck we met at the gate we nearly kissed I was blocked to knock gates of heaven (lips) by the her breasts the we looked each like we can but as it was no solid yet for us to do that due to respect of her parents either. I passed and she was still standing like she was lost for a few seconds me being at her front, so she went home picked up the garbage soon as she combine with mine one of her friends on our street yelled out "friend what you doing in that yard?" She responded by saying "I am with my muntuza- meaning I am with my someone I am dating" so I laughed the mother also heard her she came out to say ok you said you doing to SPCA to check what's the problem with chiwawa or is he a doctor?


As they laugh both mother and daughter she waved at me add words "Hello doctor" we laughed as I wave back. So I got lazy to to trim the tree I packed up the equipment put it back to the garage, close the garage I asked he to sweep some few things I missed to clean with I was using garbage disposal she took broom while she was sweeping mother asked oh no my dear when am can I start calling the wedding planner, catering or send invitation that you will married by doctor of SPCA. She said yes please do call they laughed with father so I bring a shovel so I can pick it to fill the dirt into garbage, I did as expected now I went inside to wash my hands at zinc. I told her to release the chiwawa out of the box, she did as it was busy moving around the yard it showed recovery bit of confidence was back it went home she came inside the house as I offer her place to seat and juice with cookies. While I prepare to wash dishes I sat down next to her she ate only 4 out of 10 we watch TV I asked her don't she wish to be like those lovers we seeing on screen she said with who I said with me obvious she sighs and say oh really I don't think so.

I said yes while holding her closer and she agreed she laid her head on my left shoulder like they girl didn't on the movie as they were disrupted by advert break me I went over to her chin position it to direction I want her with the fouth finger she looked me I went over and kissed her she pushed me away. I looked her deep in the eyes ask is it wrong to kiss you she said yes, while she was trying to say the answer I kissed her again busy talking am busy kissing her up till she kiss me back when we still try to knock politely at heaven gates we heard her father calling for her but we intend to ignore it he yelled and we stopped.


This is the girl who tells truth how she act but her words that comes out of mouth can mislead you she lies...


"To my readers you're welcome to give me advice how to sharpen up my skill"

Me too I wanna be a better writer...🏆🙏

By Shiko Mathabatha

August 18, 2021 03:29

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

Daniel R. Hayes
05:28 Aug 18, 2021

Hi Shiko, this was a great story. I really enjoyed reading it :)

Reply

Shiko Mathabatha
05:43 Aug 19, 2021

Hi Daniel thanks 🙏means a lot

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.