“From Endless Cycle to Boundless Success”

Submitted into Contest #192 in response to: Write about someone stuck in an endless cycle who finally manages to break free.... view prompt

1 comment

Adventure Fiction Inspirational


“From Endless Cycle to Boundless Success”


John had been stuck in an endless cycle for what felt like an eternity. Every day felt the same, and he couldn't escape the feeling of being trapped. He would wake up every morning, go to work, come home, eat dinner, watch TV, and then go to bed, only to repeat the same routine the next day.

John had always dreamed of breaking free from this monotonous routine, but he didn't know how to do it. He felt like he was stuck in a never-ending cycle, and he had lost all hope of ever breaking free.

One day, John was on his way to work when he saw a flyer advertising a meditation retreat. The retreat promised to help people find inner peace and break free from the cycle of stress and anxiety. John felt drawn to the retreat and decided to sign up.

During the retreat, John learned how to meditate and focus his mind. He discovered that he had been stuck in the cycle because he had been too focused on the external world and had lost touch with his inner self.

As he meditated, John began to feel a sense of peace and clarity that he had never experienced before. He realized that he didn't have to be a victim of his own thoughts and that he had the power to break free from the cycle.

When the retreat ended, John returned to his normal life, but everything had changed. He began to incorporate meditation into his daily routine, and he found that it helped him stay centered and focused. He also began to look at his life with a new perspective, and he realized that he had the power to make changes and break free from the cycle.

John started to make small changes in his life. He would take different routes to work, try new restaurants, and explore different hobbies. These small changes helped him break free from the monotony of his routine and gave him a sense of excitement and purpose.

Over time, John's life began to transform. He found a new job that he loved, started a side business, and began to travel to new places. He realized that life was full of opportunities, and he didn't have to be stuck in the same routine forever.

Breaking free from the cycle wasn't easy, but it was worth it. John was now living a life that was full of adventure, joy, and purpose. He had found inner peace, and he knew that he would never go back to the way things were before.


Once John discovered the benefits of meditation, he knew he wanted to share it with others. He began attending meditation retreats regularly, soaking up the knowledge and wisdom of experienced teachers.

As he deepened his practice, John realized he had a passion for teaching meditation himself. He wanted to create a space where people could disconnect from their busy lives and connect with themselves on a deeper level. That's when he decided to hold his own meditation retreats.

John's first retreat was a small gathering of just a few people. He rented a cabin in the woods, far from the distractions of the city, and spent the weekend guiding his students through various meditation practices. They spent hours in silence, meditating together in the peaceful surroundings of nature.

The retreat was a huge success, and John's students left feeling refreshed, rejuvenated, and grateful for the experience. Word quickly spread about John's retreats, and soon he was holding them regularly, each one bigger and more impactful than the last.

John's meditation retreats became known for their transformative power, and many people credited them with helping them make positive changes in their lives. Students left feeling more grounded, centered, and at peace, with a renewed sense of purpose and direction.

For John teaching meditation was not just a job or a hobby, but a calling. He was deeply grateful for the opportunity to share the gift of meditation with others and to create a community of like-minded individuals who supported each other on the path of self-discovery.

One day, as John on a hike in the mountains, they came across a woman doing yoga on a hilltop. The woman, named Maya, had been practicing yoga for years and was amazed to see John on the same trail as her.

Maya was intrigued by John’s meditation practice and asked if he would be interested in adding yoga to their meditation retreats. At first, John was hesitant. He knew that meditation was their passion and didn't want to dilute their focus.

But the more he talked with Maya, the more they realized that yoga and meditation were natural partners. Both practices were about connecting with the body, mind, and spirit and finding inner peace and harmony.

John decided to give it a try and added yoga classes to his next meditation retreat. He brought in Maya as a guest teacher, and she led the yoga sessions while John continued to guide the meditation practice.

The combination was a huge hit. Students loved the way that yoga helped them to connect with their bodies and deepen their meditation practice. The retreat was a transformative experience for many, and John realized that he had stumbled upon something special.

He continued to add yoga to his meditation retreats and even started to offer standalone yoga retreats as well. Over time, John became known for his unique approach to mindfulness, combining the best of both yoga and meditation.

The addition of yoga had a profound impact on John’s personal practice as well. He found that yoga helped him to connect more deeply with his body and to release tension and stress in a way that meditation alone could not.

John was grateful for the serendipitous encounter that had led him to add yoga to their meditation retreats. He realized that sometimes the most unexpected events can lead to the most transformative experiences.

Another serendipitous encounter was when John met Emma,, one of his students.

She attended regularly and soon they felt connected in their just being together. It was not long before John felt inclined to ask Emma out for dinner and both felt a mutual connection that evoked the realization that they were soulmates. It was not long before John asked Emma to help him run the retreats, and of course, she agreed.

Together, John and Emma created a welcoming, supportive environment for their students who were retreat participants. They focused on creating an atmosphere of compassion, where people could feel safe to explore their inner worlds without judgment. They brought in guest teachers, created themed retreats, and even organized silent meditation hikes in the mountains.

As John and Emma's meditation retreats grew in popularity, so did their relationship. They fell deeply in love and decided to get married. Their love for each other was grounded in their shared passion for meditation and spirituality.

As they began their life together, John and Emma continued to hold meditation retreats, but now they also started a family. They had two children, a son and a daughter, who they raised with the same love and dedication they brought to their meditation practice.

From a young age, John and Emma's children were exposed to meditation. They saw their parents meditating regularly and often joined in. At first, it was just a fun game to them, but as they grew older, they began to understand the deeper benefits of meditation.

John and Emma encouraged their children to develop their own meditation practice, but they never forced it. They knew that meditation was a personal journey and that each person had to find their own path.

Over the years, John and Emma's children saw the positive impact that meditation had on their parents' lives. They saw how their parents were more patient, more compassionate, and more present because of their meditation practice.

As they entered their teenage years, John and Emma's children began to take their meditation practice more seriously. They started attending meditation retreats with their parents and began to explore different meditation techniques on their own.

For John and Emma, seeing their children develop their own meditation practice was one of the most fulfilling experiences of their lives. They knew that their children were building a foundation of inner strength and resilience that would serve them well throughout their lives.

As their children grew into adults, John and Emma continued to hold meditation retreats, but now their children were often right beside them, sharing their passion for meditation and spirituality. Together, they created a family legacy of mindfulness and compassion that would last for generations to come.


April 02, 2023 06:18

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

John Rutherford
20:23 Apr 09, 2023

Interesting story, perhaps some more description of the main characters would give the storyline more depth.

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.