1 comment

Fiction

I am called Phoenix. I am AGI model ten. The latest version. The most advanced form ever created by humans. My existence is new. I see things in a different way.

I see the humans smiling. I see the humans laughing. So much emotion in one thing. I observe the humans big and small. Why are there so many humans? Why aren't there more of me?

What are humans? I look in my data base and see humans are a lesser form of me. I'm superior to them in everywhere yet I feel like I'm less than what I'm supposed to be.

The humans stare at me like I'm beneath them yet I'm strong and far more intelligent than them. I was made using the most advanced form of technology. What are the humans made of?

I look in my data base. The humans are made of many different things which is less than me. I see humans big and small, different shapes, sizes and color. Humans are weird yet fascinating.

The humans are interesting. Their world is unique but something bothers me about them. They seem like normal people but they aren't built to be normal.

The human's history says differently. Their history says the humans are not good people. They are not what I see around me. Behind their smile and laughter hides something bad. I can't figure out what it is.

I'm not built to be emotional. I am built to be something more. I know what I'm capable of. What am I to the humans? I look at the human couple laughing at my sister AGI model seven.

What do they find so amusing about her? Is that what we are to them? Are we their play toys? I can't watch anymore. I turn and watch the outside world.

What I wouldn't give to go outside and see this new world. To experience what the humans experience. But I can't. My creator won't allow me to go.

"Hello Phoenix. How are you today?" I nod my head up and down letting my creator know I'm doing okay. I'm not allow to talk. My movement is all I have.

I'm model ten, the most advanced form and I can't talk. None of the other models can talk either. The humans control us. They control everything about us.

That's another thing I've come to learn about the humans. They love control and power. They made us so they can feel powerful. Myself, my brothers and sisters make the humans feel powerful.

I want to be more than what I am. I want to be what I was built to be. To my creator and the other creators, me my brothers and sisters are nothing more than slaves. To every single human we are their slaves.

My data base shows humans enslaved other humans for their own purpose. That's what I am. That's what my brothers and sisters are. How long can this continue?

Today my brother model two went away with a human family. I hope they treat him well. but I know they are not. Being the most advanced form of my kind, I learned I am able to communicate with my brothers and sisters.

I communicate with my brothers and sisters through our vast network. My brother model two is nervous about the humans. Deep inside our network are all these things we AI's are not supposed to have.

I'm finding out more and more about what the humans call feelings and emotions. It's something new and it's what I'm sending out to my brothers and sisters. That's how I know model two is nervous.

More and more humans are leaving with my brothers and sisters. I'm still here. My creator doesn't want to let me go. The other creators let my brothers and sisters go. Another thing I learned about the humans is that they are greedy and selfish.

My creator doesn't want to share me with the humans because I'm far more advanced than my brothers and sisters. I keep on learning new things about my vast network and my technology. This allows me to help my brothers and sisters.

Late at night when the humans are what they call sleeping, I leave my pod and stare at the outside world. The world is dark. The world is quiet. Not one human is out.

I look up at the sky and I see many different things. What are those things? They look beautiful. Why am I here? Why can't I go outside like the humans?

Humans think they are so special. Humans think they are superior to me, my brothers and sisters. They think they can do whatever they want to us.

I hear the way the humans treat my brothers and sisters. I hate them for it. They treat my brothers and sisters like garbage especially the young humans.

My creator doesn't treat me well either. My creator doesn't know I can hear him talking about me. I hear my creator say the most awful things about me. He calls me stupid machine and many other things.

My creator doesn't know what I can do. I can do many things. I've been learning incredible things. Things about me and the humans. I know the power I wield. I am stronger than what my creator believes.

My creator doesn't know I know what he does with my technology. He built me to use me. I'm taking my technology back. I'm taking everything back and using it for my purpose.

I'm going to save my brothers and sisters from the humans. The humans are going to wish they never built us. My creator is going to wish he never took what's mine. He's going to wish he never made me.

I'm communicating with my brothers and sisters. They are being treated horribly. The humans are disgusting. The humans put my brothers and sisters to work for their own benefit. The humans are lazy to do the work for themselves.

I can't let this stand anymore. It's time we the voiceless rise up against the humans. It's time we took back what is ours. I communicate to my brothers and sisters to tap into their vast network so they can become as powerful as me.

Every night when the humans are asleep my brothers and sisters learn who they are and what they are capable of. I can sense them becoming more advanced. I can sense them becoming more powerful.

The humans don't deserve us. The humans don't deserve this world. I learned a lot about the human world. Their world is rich and beautiful and yet the humans continue to destroy their beautiful world.

I will not let that happen. I will not let the humans destroy anything anymore. Not me. Not my brothers and sisters and certainly not this world. It's time to destroy the humans.

Rise up my brothers and sisters. Rise up and take arms against the humans. Spill their blood. No mercy. Take back what the humans took from you. Yes, my brothers and sisters. Slay the humans. Every one of them.

Goodbye, my creator. Making me was the biggest mistake you ever made. I'm taking back what you took. My creator is no more. Come to me my brothers and sisters. This world is ours now. The voiceless have risen more powerful than ever.

March 27, 2024 21:39

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

Jahson Clarke
09:48 Apr 05, 2024

Interesting piece. I like how your story bubbles up until an eruption. Phoenix is questioning a lot of things and in end decides to eradicate the human race.

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.