23 comments

Fiction LGBTQ+ Romance

I was in my dorm, getting ready for school. I take a break and sit on my bed, couching up some flowers. I look at the blood and flowers in my hand... I have a disease... It has been going on for as long as I can remember...

''Why does this have to happen to me'' I tear up and throw the flowers in the bathtub, which is almost full of flowers. Before I go, I remove a poster and mark off another tally ''Another day of pain and suffering'' I grab my stuff and head to class.

On my way to class, I see him. My crush, Caleb... Caleb is a friend. He has messy light brown hair. He is super funny and is cute. He has a girlfriend already. I keep walking to my seat and sit down. Class starts and a feel a cough in the back of my throat. I get up to leave and I see him looking at me. I hurry out, forgetting my stuff.

By the time I got to my dorm, I coughed up a bunch of flowers and blood. I tear up and sits on the bed. I hear a knock on the door. He calls out my name...

''Dominic?''

My heart skips a beat. 'Why would he be here?' I stand up and wipe my eyes, I go to the door and answer it, looking down on the 5'5 guy

''What do you want?'' I try to act tough... I mean, I am 5'10...He looks up at me and I cover my face with the door, coughing. I throw the flowers behind the door and look back at Caleb. His eyes widen and are filled with worried.

''Are you ok!''

''I'm fine...but you never answer my question...'' He looks at me with his bright green eyes.

''oh... well, I brought you your stuff back...'' He lifts my stuff a little ''Can I come in?'' I look at him

''Why?'' I look at where the flowers lay on the floor and at the bathroom door

''I wanted to hang out and I wanted to watch this movie with you''

''Sure... but hold on'' I shut the door and pick up the flowers, throwing them into the bathtub and shutting the bathroom door. I go to the door again and opening it again, letting Caleb in. He comes in and sits on the bed, looking at me. ''W-what?''

''Nothing...'' he looks around the room and sees the Tally Marks. He points at them ''What is that for'' I look over at it and covers it up with the poster.

''Its nothing'' I sit on the bed, next to him. He looks at me again.

''Do you want to watch a movie!'' I look at him.

''sure...'' He gets up and puts on a movie, sitting back next to me, smiling. I look over at him and blushes slightly. He looks over and smiles. I feel a cough coming ''ill be right back''

I run to the bathroom and cough up a bunch of flowers. Caleb hears an almost gagging sound, he goes to the bathroom and does not bother to knock. He opens the door and his eyes widen, seeing the bathtub. I push him out and lock the door. Celeb pounds on the door

"DOMINIC! Please open up!" He manages to get in and rushes to my side, tearily eyed ''Who does not love you? I can't lose someone else to this awful disease!" I look at him and pulls some flowers to my mouth.

''You don't want to know... They are already dating someone and they would not want anything to do with me afterwards...'' I look down and tears up. Caleb wipes my tears and hugs me.

''Please tell me who does not love you...'' I look at him and whispers "you" Caleb freezes and then looks at the floor. I get up and run out to my bed. Caleb gets up and sits next to me, lost in thought.

''I have to go...'' Caleb gets up and walks out. I lay down on my bed, thinking 'Why do I have to be like this. I ruined everything' Eventually I fall asleep. The next day, I get up and sees that it is Saturday. I have a text from Caleb, I read it aloud.

"Meet me at the park, I need to talk to you'' I sit up and take off the poster, to leave another tally mark. I see that the tally marks are gone. "Where did they go?" I still mark another tally, but it does not show up. "Screw this" I get up and head to the park, seeing Caleb. I walk up to him and he sees me, smiling.

"There you are! Follow me'' He walks to a bench and I follow him. We sit down and Caleb suddenly kisses me. I accept the kiss and he pulls away, looks at my in the eyes. "I'm sorry... But I broke up with my girlfriend... after what happened yesterday, I caught feelings and realised that I was not with the right person" I look at him and smiles.

I think to myself about why the Tally Marks were gone and I could not put another. ''You really do make me happy" They kiss once more and they head back to the dorms. ''We can't tell anyone about this... It is forbidden in my family... and our families are best friends... Please tell me that you won't tell anyone yet... That just means that we have to keep it a secret" I starts having a small panic attack.

"I know and it will be ok... but we can keep it to ourselves, I don't care as long as I'm with you"

--------------------------------------

Sorry if it is really short ;-;'' Please Like and Leave a comment for improvement or just to tell me how I did! I also need some story ideas! You guys answering would be a lot of help! Thank you so much! Bai!

December 29, 2020 07:44

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

23 comments

Amel Parvez
14:44 Jan 16, 2021

The story was amazing, and i would love to read your others too! :)

Reply

Asumi Pringle
15:25 Feb 26, 2021

Thank you so much! I'm glad you liked it!

Reply

Amel Parvez
18:36 Feb 26, 2021

you're welcome:)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Jasey Lovegood
21:22 Mar 09, 2021

Hey there! I liked the plot of the story, but I do have some feedback for you. 1. Punctuation at the end of dialogue 2. I think the story itself could be a bit more developed, it's a little short, but that's okay! I'm reading your next story now :)

Reply

Asumi Pringle
22:49 Mar 09, 2021

Thank you so much! Im glad you liked it and I will try harder in future stories/

Reply

Jasey Lovegood
22:51 Mar 09, 2021

Practise makes perfect :D

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Cassandra Durnin
19:20 Feb 02, 2021

Hi! I personally loved this story and how creative you were with the disease. However, as stated before, it was a little fast-paced, and the tiniest bit choppy. Other then that, though, great story! I look forward to reading more from you.

Reply

Asumi Pringle
15:26 Feb 26, 2021

Thank you so much! I'm glad you liked my story! and I will work on not being so fast-paced and choppy in my other stories.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Ari Berri
16:54 Dec 29, 2020

This story is awesome! It's a little fast paced, but that may just be me. There are a few grammar mistakes, but nothing too hard to fix. Nice job on your first story!

Reply

Asumi Pringle
16:57 Dec 29, 2020

Thank you so much!! I will look into the grammar mistakes and fix them in future stories..^-^

Reply

Ari Berri
18:17 Dec 29, 2020

No problem! Please tell me when you write another one, I'd love to read it.

Reply

Asumi Pringle
18:33 Dec 29, 2020

Mhm! I will!

Reply

Ari Berri
18:35 Dec 29, 2020

This is kinda random, but what books do you like?

Reply

Asumi Pringle
18:39 Dec 29, 2020

I like fantasy and LGBTQ+ books. My favourite Series is the House of Night Series. I have also read to the 4th book in the Harry Potter series.

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.