0 comments

Drama Fiction Happy

All of us like a good gaming night. Indeed, this is especially true during our formative years as children and teenagers. But what happens when a player quits in the middle of the game, only to come back to it a few years later? Spenser's entire life is chronicled in this novel. In a word, Spenser Pattison is a happy go cheerful guy. Despite coming from a middle-class background, he views life optimistically. He has been a basketball player ever since he was a kid, and the sport is something he truly loves. As a result, he struggles academically. His situation has raised concern among his parents. However, he quickly landed a position as a full-time basketball player for a billionaire who, like Spenser, had formerly played the sport professionally. Spenser is pleased with his new situation, as he is gaining valuable knowledge from a former athlete and also receiving a salary. A short time later, he uprooted to Los Angeles for work. Eventually, between his basketball skills and the support of his superiors, he became incredibly successful. His superior is the proud parent of the stunning Nichole. Spenser's heart skipped a beat when he laid eyes on her. But Nichole, after initially rejecting his proposal, ultimately accepted it because of his persistence. However, his boss disapproves of Spenser's relationship with his daughter and does not want them to be married. Spenser and Nichole are out of options, so they decide to elope and get married. Both Spenser and the former athlete were outraged by this, and as a result, Spenser had to find work at a different basketball facility. In addition to her other jobs, Nichole works in the catering industry. Spenser and Nichole's joy in having twin sons, whom they named Bob and Nick, is palpable. Bob and Nick develop into adorable young boys over the course of several years. Their joyful family was abruptly converted into a sorrowful one by an unexpected event. Spenser had a rival by the name of James Brown when they both played basketball for their former coach. James was envious whenever Spenser praised his skills. James plots his murder of Spenser many days in advance. An icy night has fallen. Spenser is currently taking in a game of basketball. Bob and Nick crammed their tests together. Spenser answers the door to a sudden ringing and finds himself shot twice before the assailant flees. All three of them, Nichole, Bob, and Nick, show up at the hospital in a hurry. He managed to survive, thank goodness, but his legs were immobilized. Spenser's depression and anger led to him yelling at his family. The kids and Nichole were taken aback by his abrupt transformation, but they've learned to live with him now. When their finances deteriorate dramatically, they are forced to downsize from their spacious mansion. But their kids have no idea that they've fallen into poverty. Spenser and Nichole have agreed to keep this secret. The kids stop attending classes. That's why they're transferring to a more intimate institution. Because there is no running water in the house they are staying in, the parents are making their children bathe in the fountains. Nonetheless, Nichole is determined to turn her husband into a happy man like their previous one. Because of this, she has had several conversations with physiotherapists. After several unsuccessful attempts, she finally finds a therapist willing to treat Spenser for an affordable price. A month of treatment on his legs later, Spenser was fully recovered and able to walk again. Spenser's mood brightened dramatically. In a matter of days, he hopes to be back at his basketball matches. Meanwhile, Nichole's dad has come around and officially adopted both her and Spenser as his children. As a result of his jealousy, James is sentenced to life in jail for his attempt to assassinate Spenser. Spenser will likely be contacted by Nichole's father, who wants him to return to work for him in a high-ranking capacity. However, he eventually agrees and has been working for his father-in-law ever since. But once again, everything had to end, as he had just lost Nichole and his whole family in a car crash. His depression led him to start drinking, and he soon became a heavy drinker. He didn't start playing again until he was in his 50s when he realized his error and decided to start over. This is why he has resumed his basketball career. But the regulations are different now, and the competition is far stronger than his abilities. He decided to put in extra effort to learn how to play contemporary basketball. A few months later, he's mastered the moves and is back on the court. A few years have passed, and he's back at the top of the basketball world. He's been there for ten years and wants to retire, but his supervisor won't let him become a coach despite his extensive expertise and enthusiasm for the sport. He initially declined, but then agreed. He started training for basketball right then. All of his trainees become NBA-caliber players under his tutelage. Eventually, Spenser opened his own basketball academy, where all of his former players became coaches. His former students now manage the school in his honor, and it has gained international renown since his death, with commemorative events held annually in his honor and numerous publications published that share his uplifting life story. Extreme enthusiasm for something is rare. Always go after what lights you up within; you can turn that into your responsibility afterward. I find Spenser's tale to be incredibly motivating. Many people still face obstacles when trying to pursue their passions. In contrast, many new generations can obtain aid in accessing their enthusiasm if someone with the same level of dedication to basketball as Spenser comes forward to help them advance in the sport. As a result, Spenser and his story are now universally well-known and highly regarded. Several of his former players have been interviewed to talk about their late coach and his impact on their lives. Many things crucial to our daily lives can be gleaned from this. If we put our minds to it and put in the effort, we can do anything. Like Spenser, he perseveres in his love of basketball despite adversity. and eventually, achieve success at it.

October 07, 2022 14:54

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.