2 comments

Contemporary Romance Drama

There is a room in the north-east corner of my friend's house. Whenever I go their house Firoz don't allow me to enter the room. I asked Firoz, "what is there inside the room? Why don't you allow me?"Firoz don't reply. And I am interested to go the room but what to do. Then I stop asking. 

   Oh let's give our introduction to the readers. I am Sabana and Firoz is my childhood friend. We are in college now. We both are in the language department. He comes my house frequently. Let's come to the story. Last Sunday, I went to Firoz's house. I knocked the door and Firoz's mom opened the door. I asked," Aunty where is Firoz?" Aunty replied, "he has gone to my daughter's place. Didn't he inform you?" "No aunty," I said. Aunty told me to stay there that night. Uncle were out of town and suddenly Firoz has to go his sister's place . I murmured, "let's discover the secret tonight." I called my mom and told all about. Mom always supports me. 

    Having dinner, I go to Firoz's room so that I can visit the north-east corner. I said , "Aunty my exam's days are coming, if I stay Firoz's room, I can study." And aunty agreed. I am going to discover the secret tonight . Oh, I am so excited. I am awaking in Firoz's room and planning for today's operation. When I think that aunty may be slept thought it is tough to say, she is in another room. I open my room's door slowly like a thief. I go to north - east corner and enter the room. The room was well designed and decorated with balloons. "Does Firoz love balloons? Don't know but I love ballons" . I am looking at the whole room. One suspicious thing was there in the table. I go near and take the thing. It was covered. I open it's cover and see a photograph of mine and Firoz. I just shock. I observe it and see there is written "diary, 2012" behind the photograph. I never know Firoz writes diary. Now I have to find the diary. I start observing the table. There is a drawer, the diary may be there inside the drawer. I open the drawer and find out the diary, 2012. Now let's read the diary. 

1st page   

  "Today was my first day at the college. I saw college girl, may be first year. She wore a borkha. I saw her eyes. Her deep black eyes attracted me. I fall in love when I saw her. But I didn't get any chance to talk with her. My friends called me and had to pay attention. She vanished in a while. It was like a dream."

2nd page

  " Today is my second day at my college. I searched that "borkha girl" in college campus, other departments. But I couldn't find her. Finally I entered my department. What I saw, I couldn't believe in my eyes. That girl in my department! I feel swear on my body. Nervously I took a seat. Our professors has came and took classes one by one. At the end of all classes our senior come to our department and started taking introduction. All my classmates were giving introduction one by one. They asked that "borkha girl" to give her introduction. "I am Sabana Parveen, I have....." She said with a lovely voice." I felt, this voice is known to me. But who is she? Can't remember. Today I tried to talk but couldn't. Her eyes just pulling me near to her. In in deep black eyes anyone can immerses." 

   3rd page

   " Today our college was off. I was thinking of Sabana. My school friend Abhishekh called me and told me to visit at football ground. My friends had arranged a reunion of school friends. I had not visit the please since two mounth. I reached there. Sabana was there. How she were there? Was she one of our school friends? I found it as an opportunity. I wen to her and succeed in talking to her. I come to know that Sabana was there in my school before 4 years. Then she has to go out of town due to his father's posting. And this year she come back along with her mother to complete her graduation. She could complete her graduation from other college, but her father also complete his college from this college. So she wished to graduate from this college. Today I get my answered why her voice... 4 years ego we were in same school. Even we together completed our primary schooling. Oh! what a lucky I am."

  4th page 

 " Today I rode my motorcycle to my college. I attended first two classes and asked Sabana to go for a bike riding. She and I now friends as were before. So we enjoyed the day. We enjoyed 'panipuri', 'ice-cream'. Today I saw her whole face. She is looks like an angel. Her killer pinks lips and deep eyes... "

5th page 

  " Today I saw her talking with another guy. I couldn't tolerate it. If he make any relationship with Sabana. No no,it can't be happen. I have to confess that I love her. What will be her answer let's see."

6th page

 " I started to took her at my home. And never allow her to come into this room. It must be wonder to her. But when I couldn't tell her face to face. Let's grow her interest to know about the room, why I don't allow her? And one day I will give her a chance to discover the truth."

7th page 

  " I don't write daily. When I feel to, I write. I love you Sabana.. I love you Sabana.. I love you Sabana.. I love you.. I love you. I know today you are at my house and in the north - east corner room . And now you are reading my diary. So if you feel the same then give me any sign. The day after tomorrow I will be there. You know we couldn't marry now, our college has not yet completed. I want to be with you Sabana, love you "

 Now I have read all the pages and you readers too. I come back to Firoz's room and trying to sleep. How I give him a sign." How idiot Firoz is! he can't even propose a girl. Let's come him back. I will show him". I wake up by 10 am. What I discovered last night! I break fast and come back to my home. 

After two days , I am going to college. Today's weather is seems more romantic. And today I have to face Firoz, the idiot . I reached at college by 11 am. Firoz was there in the department but we didn't talk. After classes I looked for Firoz but he was not there in the college campus. Then I go to Firoz's house. Firoz was not in his room. Then I go to the north - east corner. The door was closed. I knocked the door. Few seconds later he opens the door."I love you idiot" I confessed and hugged him . He kissed in my forehead and touches my lips. I can feel his warm breathing. I close my eyes and he kissed in my lips. Then we hugg each other for few minutes. Then I say,

 "why can't you propose me? Idiot. "

 "Sabana, my Darling, why a girl always expect that a boy will Always propose first? Can't a girl propose first? Have they no courage?

" so Mr. Firoz does Aunty know all about it? 

"What you think Sabana…? And you readers?" 

July 17, 2021 06:14

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

Eve Y
14:15 Jul 25, 2021

I thought this story was very briskly written. The style was brief and to the point, which i enjoyed. You did a great job developing the plot. I do want to note that sometimes I think you get your tense mixed up. Ex: " Having dinner, I go to Firoz's room so that I can visit the north-east corner. I said , "Aunty my exam's days are coming, if I stay Firoz's room, I can study." And aunty agreed.". Here, you use "I go" (present), but then say "I said" (past). I think a majority of the times you use the past, so you'd say "I went to Firoz's roo...

Reply

Sarifa Begam
08:54 Jul 28, 2021

Thank you for your comment,

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.