0 comments

General

Hazel and Victor had a household of people. Their son and family of 7 kids were visiting. Hazel prepared a lovely lunch for the children. Hazel realized she had nothing for a desert. She asked the children what they would like. They answered all in unison “ice cream”. Hazel knew she must make a quick run to the corner store. She asked if any of the children wanted to go. Wendy, who was 8,was eager for the trip. She loved the corner store. The corner store was an odd shaped stone building on the corner of Shelby rd and rt 31. It had high ceilings, giant windows and penny candy. They sold about everything. Wendy asked her dad for a quarter and she and Her grandmother Hazel headed to the store. Down the road the two went chatting the whole way. Upon arriving at the store Hazel asked what kind of ice cream Wendy wanted “white house cherry” was her reply. They head up the big stone steps side bye side. Hazel wasn’t much taller than Wendy at 4’11”. As they look in the deep freeze for the ice cream . down in the left hand corner was the white house cherry ice cream. Wendy reached over the side of the freezer and attempted to get the ice cream but she couldn’t reach. She asked her grandmother for help. Hazel reached so far into the chest freezer that her feet came off the floor. She started kicking her feet and screaming “my arms are to short. My arms are to short.” At this Wendy was laughing and went to get the clerk leaving poor Hazel hanging on over the freezer chest. The clerk came and helped Hazel get her feet back on the ground. The three laughed together as the clerk reached in the frezer chest for the ice cream. The children enjoyed their treat. 

February 29, 2020 22:52

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | Illustration — We made a writing app for you | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.