4 comments

American Fiction Horror

The date was July 1, 2020, and it couldn't have been a more horrid day than today. In Chicago, Illinois on a regular Tuesday at 5:00 am Michael Robertson woke to an alarming sound. The sound of their house alarm only activated when someone broke in. He almost thought he was dreaming until he heard a high-pitched scream. Michael recognized it almost instantly, for it was his mother. Micheal rushed downstairs to see if she was ok but he was too late. His mother lied there on the bed lifelessly as her blood gushed to the floor. Micheal stood there almost like a statue the only thought on his mind was that he was now alone with nobody else to call family. Micheal's dad died of cancer when he was three and it was just him and his mom until now. The police showed up shortly after the alarm went off but the killer was nowhere to be found the cops asked Micheal lots of questions about what he heard and if he saw anything but the answer was always the same, he woke to the sound of the house alarm and saw his mother lying dead. Chicago was his mom's hometown. Micheal could only think of one person who he might call. His aunt who he hasn't seen since his dad died, Aunt Polly. So Micheal called her and told her what had happened and all she could say was that he needed to come to Bloomington, Minnesota. When he heard what she had said he was filled with fright and anger as he thought who and why would want to kill his mother and before he left he would find out who. Micheal told his aunt he would be on his way but it might take a few days. Micheal asked the police if they knew anything about it and the cops said that there were a series of burglaries around Chicago but no murders which meant that Micheal would have to find this killer by himself but little did he know that his plans were going to be ruined by one mistake that might lead him to the killer. The next day Micheal woke up with determination to find the killer and have no mercy on him in any way. Micheal had a plan to pack a backpack full of things he might need on the streets of Chicago: four sandwiches, three bottles of water, and a phone because he was going to track the killer down until he had justice. Micheal was going to track him down with any evidence the police had: only the weapon, a knife, still covered in his mom's blood. He took the knife which had prints, prints of the killer. Micheal used the knowledge from Law and Order and took a piece of tape to the handle and he saw a thumbprint so he took the tape to the police but he didn't confront them he s uck past security and did it himself because Micheal wasn't just an ordinary kid he was the kid of a cop. Micheals's dad served with the FBI for 10 years until he was diagnosed with brain cancer and in a few months had died. Micheal was a tech genius I mean after all teens do learn a lot about tech and Micheal, being 15, knew everything about it. The print had shown only one person, a person that his dad had known for years his ex-partner Alec Stone they were partners as long as his dad was in the force but his partner got involved with the wrong sort, the cartel. Micheal might have been three when his dad passed but he knew everything that happened at his dad's job by reading all the reports his dad had ever done while working for the FBI. Micheal remembered his mom telling him that Dad's ex-partner lived in Chicago as well so this trip wasn't so long after all. Micheal got an address and he went to his house it was run down and looked like it was going to collapse. Micheal beat on the door but nobody came so he barged in and saw him sitting down and Micheal brought the knife and showed it to him and said do you remember a couple of days ago when you killed the only person that mattered to me! You repeatedly stabbed my mother! why! He got up and he ran, ran to his car and drove off but Micheal didn't give up that easy he got in the other car that was in the driveway and he only guessed how to hotwire it but he was in a hurry and he didn't have time to care if he was going to get shocked he cared about getting revenge. It was a miracle that he actually did hotwire a car and so he started it up and chased that car until it stopped at the subway but it was 10:00 and the subway was surprisingly empty so this was going to be a piece of cake. Alec was cornered but there was a faint sound of a train coming and at that moment Micheal had the most horrid and the most disgusting plan ever so he went over to Alec and like the rat, he is begged for mercy but like Micheal had said he would never show any mercy to him and just as the train was about to come through Micheals plan went into action he took the knife that killed his mom and he stabbed Alec over and over and before he was done there was a blackout which was perfect timing because then no one would see the heinous crime he committed that day so he pushed the body onto the track and when the train came through blood filled the tracks and the police closed the case because there were no witnesses and Micheal was never convicted of what he did but to this day he has never felt more remorse than doing what he did in that subway station.

May 01, 2021 22:53

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

4 comments

Lillie Webb
18:31 Aug 27, 2021

This is an amazing story!!! You have some amazing skills!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Ash Wilker
06:38 May 09, 2021

You are so talented!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Ashley Wilkerson
05:49 May 09, 2021

Great job! 😍😍😍😍

Reply

Show 0 replies
22:56 May 01, 2021

Hi I'm Mackenzie and thank you, everyone, that is reading this story it is my first one that I have ever published and I hope you and the judges like what I wrote!

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | Illustration — We made a writing app for you | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.