All The Dares I've Accepted

Submitted into Contest #94 in response to: Start your story with someone accepting a dare.... view prompt

0 comments

Fiction Kids Happy

Hi, I’m Jake White and I am a stubborn 7 years old. I go to a school called Elementary of Apples, in California. I know it’s kind of weird calling yourself stubborn, but I actually KNOW that I am stubborn. Not like everyone else who doesn’t admit that they are either stupid or stubborn. Now let’s get to the interesting bit. I was standing in a vast room with a marble staircase in the middle of the room. Can you guess where I am? Well, you might not believe me but I am in the White House in Washington.

This is how it all started. I accepted a dare from a few of my friends and they dared me to be in the White House for 1 day. I am doing the exact thing right now! I moved back into the shadows when I heard footsteps approaching me. But then, I knocked down a vase and it made a deafening noise. Now you know how stubborn I am. The huge oak door of the room swung open and a butler came in. I backed slid out of the room and sprinted towards the exit of the White House. I can hear a man shouting, “Freeze, we are the Secret Services!”. But I didn’t dare look back.

Then I see some more men blocking my way of escape, so I bolted up the marble staircase and disappeared into a room. The room was in total darkness when I dashed in to hide. I could barely see a thing except for candlelight far into the room. “This room must be huge to see candlelight on the far side of the room. Then a cold gust of wind passed me a made me shiver both in fear and coldness. In my mind, I wanted to dash out of this room as soon as possible. But then I heard footsteps and changed my mind. I ran towards the candlelight and then I bumped into something solid. My head was spinning and I can’t make out the silhouette blocking the light in the doorway. I thought it was another Secret Service guys, but I was wrong. That person was a gun in his hands which was kind of unlikely. And Secret services usually come in a group, so seeing a guy on his own is odd.

That was when I noticed something fishy about this guy. He charged towards me and I stepped aside. He fell out of the window because he was too HEAVY to stop! I just checked one more to see if that guy was actually gone, and ran out of the room. Just as I got outside the White House, someone grabbed me from behind. I struggled to get out of his grasp, but he was pointing a gun at my head, so I stopped. All of a sudden, a stern voice spoke. “Hello there, Jake White. I guess you’ve seen some of my workers.”. “One of them is stubborn enough to jump out of the window just when I stepped aside!”. I replied with confidence. “Grrrrr”. Growled the voice. The man then walked towards me and I am very surprised to see his face. He was the president! “I am so sorry sir!” I said as fast I could. “It’s fine, Jake.” The president replied with a soft voice and told his workers to put their guns down. “How did you know my name?” Jake asked curiously. “Well I know your dad very well, he used to be one of my secret services.”.

I was so amazed! My dad worked in the secret service! But that thought got pushed away because my parents will wonder where in the world I am because it’s very late. So I asked, “Can I please go home because my parents are going to be desperate to find me and then they will be upset!”. “Oh no no no kid, you are not leaving the White House!”. “Oh no!”. I thought in my head. Then, my adrenaline activated. I used all my strength to push away the guy with the gun and sprinted off. I sprinted out the front door and took a taxi home. The moment I got home, I saw my parents talking in a heated conversation. I knocked on the door twice until a reply came from the other side of the door. It was a familiar voice. It was my dad! He said, “Who are you?”. And I said, “Dad, it’s me!”. A tear rolled down my cheeks because of the events that had happened a few minutes ago. My mum and dad welcomed me back and hugged me so tight that I couldn’t breathe, but I loved it.

Then I explained the whole event that has happened to me tonight. My dad said, “That man was not the president, he was the vice president that wanted to be the president. He is an evil man. And I was never in the Secret Services. He’s lying!”. I couldn’t believe what my dad was saying. All of that had been a lie? “Then how does he know my name?”. I asked. “He can hack into systems and pick up signals spread by electronics. And he can also hack into your school account and just know all your information. Now it’s my mum’s turn to talk. “I know the president quite well because we were students in a high school many years ago. I can tell him to fire the vice president and get a new one that is nice and honest.”. She said and winked. Wow, there were so many secrets hidden from me and now they are telling me all these amazing stories and experiences! Then a knock came from the door. It was a man in a suit holding a paper form saying, “Sarah White, the new vice president of the United States!” I was so shocked to see my mum’s anime on the and my dad has his mouth open in shock too. “Thank you, Max.”. My mum said to the man. “Guys, now I am officially the new vice president of the U.S!

May 22, 2021 03:13

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.