short hairs

Submitted into Contest #33 in response to: Write a story set in a salon or barbershop.... view prompt

2 comments

General

Shamanta was lying down in a chair and busy with her phone....

Adiba: seems like no customer will come today!

Shamanta: Yeah,who's gonna come in such a lovely day,rain drops are flourising like spring leaves outside..

Adiba: yeah,it's really cool na shamanta!!? I wish i may could get wet in that rain also...

Shamanta: yeah,i love to feel the rain much rather than getting wet,haha

Adiba...ahh i never realize you...

Suddenly,

Can i come in??(a lady voice)

Yeah,sure..why not!! looks like you have got wet by the rain..said Shamanta!

yeah,a bit....

okk,no problem wipe your hairs by the towel,or not cold will catch you,till the finishing of rain,you can sit and take rest here!!

ahh,i have come to cut my hairs actually!!

really??you have come to salon ignoring the rain to cut your hairs??

yeah,can you please cut my hairs?

Shamanta: yeah obviously,what can i do except it,haha!!ok tell me,which kind of stylish hair cut you want to give??

Can you please cut it and make it short??

yeah,sure...

after sitting into the chair,that women starts to take off her hair clip...(after taking off)

Shamanta: ow dear dear,your hair is sooo long,its just amazing,i wish i could have had this kind of hair!!..looks like you take a good care of yours hair,then why to make it shot mam?? i will help you to make to much glamarous!!

No,i don't want those,you just cut my hairs and make it more short!!

okk,mam as you say!!

another women came after the rain stops...abida was getting prepared to cut the hair of other customer!!

which kind hair cut you want to give mam??said abida

ahh,actually my husband likes to see me in straight and long hair cuts,though my hair is not that much like that women(said after watching the customer hair of shamanta's)...

No problem mam,i will help you to make it nice and beautiful,said abida!

ow,thanx dear!!you are so good,"said the 2nd customer"

i know am good,haha

abida starts to fun with her customer and enjoying the hair cut,but shamanta was cutting her customers hair politely...

10 mins later...

i think it's done now mam,said shamanta

No,it's even didn't touch my nect,it's still very long

ahh,okk mam...but don't know why i am feeling bad for your hairs,its really silky and smoothy,i have not seen that kind of hairs much,you cared a lot of your hairs...said shamanta

yeah,i would care for my hair most,once upon a time i would wash my haai 2 times a day by shampoo,and would give the extraction of alovera and coconut oil,my sister wold play with my hair,ehen she was little....

oww,i see,said shamanta...

my maternal uncle would say me princess Rapunzel,haha..my mother would help me to tie my hairs always,i would use at least 15 clips in my hair to bend them,it was tough to maintain though,i even have checked the length of my hair,it was 80 cm approx once.

oh my gooooood,80 cm...really???you really were praincess Rapunzel then...i wish i could see those hairs....

haha,i may could show you..

you look soo good when you laugh,not only your hair is pretty but also your face is prettier...said shamanta

abidas customer was being jealous and moping her face,and starts to tell abids that...

my husband says,i am one of the prettiest girl in this country,i could go for fashion designing but unluckily i became a housewife,owhh my fate!!

Adiba and Shamanta both starts to laugh a bit after listening that...

Adiba:yes mam,you are such a sweet women,and am so lucky that i have got a chance to cut your hairs,hahaha...

few minutes later adiba finishes her work and goes for taking shower....

Adiba: Shamanta,do it hurry,looks like you will miss the movie today at the evening.

Shamanta: ohho,we will be going to watch a movie in theater today,i have forgotten!

Adiba: yeah,seems like you are quite attentive to cut hairs today,good good!!

Shamanta: yeah,just look at her hair it's so amazing...you just go and take shower i will be coming soon.

Adiba:okk,come fast.

at 4.30pm

mam its maybe done now,shamanta was standing with a mirror and starts to show her hairs from the back side..

No,it's not done still...much more short pleaseeeee.

suddnely the women starts to cry,shamanta gets scared....

okk okk mam,i will cut and make more short,please don't cry...it;s just a normal thing...i will make it much small,then you will look good definetly....

shamanta never have faced this kind of situation before...she was thinking!!...can a women cry for hair,to make it short!!!

Few mintues later another customer comes and shamanta starts to shout...adiba come fast,cutomer has come..

i am coming,adiba said from the other room...

after coming to the salon room,adiba sees that,shamanta is still cutting hairs of that women...

Adiba: you still!!??

Shamanta: hush,stop..i will tell you later...

Adiba;okk!!

one hour later,

Shamanta:i think it's fully ok now mam,you should be happy this time...

that women starts to watch her hairs and again crying!!

mam,i have made it too short,isn't it still too short??

{make it as short that my husband can never catch and pull my hair}

shamanta,drops her scissor from her hand,adiba got shocked after listening it and all the customers were looking at her....

make it as short that he can never beat me by cathcing my hair,dont you still understand it??(she was crying continusly)

all the girls in the salon starts to feel bad for that women...


((In our society,there are still some people who raises hands against women,who beats them,uses slungs on them...but those ladies never understimates them,they are alone sometime...

tina was a girl,who was the princess of her father loveble daughter of her mother,,,but when their marriages gets done,unluckily her husband wasn't that good and never realized her,if something was little bit wrong they starts to beat her))

later on,1 day later

Shamanta and Adiba starts to amke a plan to punish her husband and notice it to their family...though they makes it successful but still they say,are you really got rid out of it in this big society,may some lady won't tell or some will die....

Adiba:No problem shamanta,we are here for them,to beat those guys,hahaha!!!

Shamanta: ow really??so you gonna beat your husband?haha

Adiba:when did i say that,actually am not willing to marry although,all those things make no sense,i may don't have long hairs,but i never gonna cut hair for another person...it's my hair i will make it up on my own wish...

Shamanta: yeah well,not every person in this world is bad...then who would rule the world!

Adiba: yeah,you are right maybe!

March 20, 2020 22:18

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

Gloria Salazar
10:48 Apr 03, 2020

This story has a great lesson and it reads easy enough. I would recommend reading more English books to help understand the flow of context and grammar. It is an interesting story just needs a little work.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Aysha Akter
16:41 Mar 21, 2020

The theme is soo amazing,women rights has to be confirmed in every society and also in every country....womens are quite neglected still in some country,good one

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.