0 comments

Mystery



Gazing at his fiery colored eyes, sullenness overcame her. She nervously, cited a scripture from the Bible, and recited the model prayer to her father.


In his wildest dreams, he never fathomed that he would become weary.



Now confined to a wheelchair, he must speak with the family about his “Soldier’s Will”.



Staring at a memoir of the family he reminisces. He recalls the year a spirit of patriotism soared high, how banners and the sound of victory rang in the streets. All the patriots celebrated.

The same year he was recruited into the army.

All the commanders agreed, that the high spirited soldier that engaged in strict military training was very combative. He was known to have the heart of a lion by his comrades. Therefore, he was nick named "Lion Fist". 

The commander's elite platoon of soldier's had trained vigorously. They were prepared for their first mission. The mission would make or break them.

Before arriving at their military base, the elite squad geared up for battle . They did not know what they would encounter.

 Now at the military base, the commander's, the head soldier's in charge, gave them strict orders to sabotage the enemies camp. They echoed the words "elite, retreat, at 0300".


Blithely, the kids in the enemy camp were known for carrying hand grenades.


The next day, Lion Fist ran at an alarming speed through the jungle. He was able to peer through his binoculars to get the enemy count. In the moment of a flash, he stopped and began to reminisce about his wife, and his mind turned over.

 Lion Fist did not follow the army captain’s signal to lead his platoon into the enemies camp. Unbeknownst, a comrade struck him in the spine with a weapon of war. The soldier that executed this order was named, Dare. He disengaged the army, because the courageous soldier had jeopardized the platoon.

The imperious soldier, Lion Heart was discharged from the army with a “purple heart”.

When summoned to court he had to challenge the forbidden. The most deniable charge a private from the elite squad could have on his record, a “Purple Heart” for insubordination and misconduct. Lion Fist from the elite squad could not fathom this charge.

Before his court appearance he was treated by a Psychiatrist. A male doctor, with a very distinctive appearance. The psychiatrist explored his mind and the prognosis was, regression and delusion that caused lost of consciousness. Therefore, Lion Fist did not experience any pain from the gun shot to his spine. The records were admitted to court, and he was acquitted of espionage.

Lion Fist would often tell his family members the story, and how he suffered defeat from his platoon.

Victory for him was oblivious.

He was married to a woman of the same culture from the camp he had to invade. Her name was Cheyanne. His interracial marriage cost him his honors in the army, but love cured his dreadful dreams. His youngest son was named Signor.

This was the soldier’s recipe for life, love.


Thirty years had passed by, and Lion Fist continued to foster love from his wife Cheyanne. She would die before leaving his side.

At first, like most macho men, he fought her to leave him. But she cherished every moment with her husband.

Cheyanne would administer a dose of medication in his upper deltoid every day to ease the pain that radiated from his spine to his head.


The same year, Lion Fist had Cheyanne unearth his “Soldier’s Will” buried to the right of his elm tree. The proceeds from the will amounted to $50,000,000.00. Lion Fist’s "Will" read, that all proceeds were to be left to his wife Cheyanne and $25,000,000.00 to his son Signor.

He gathered his nuclear family together in his bedroom chamber to discuss the will.

Through his fiery hot eyes, he read the will to the family. Carbon in disbelief that she was not included in the will began to smile.

Yet in still, everyday Carbon would cite a scripture from the Bible and read it to her father. He would shrug his shoulder’s and ask to speak with her brother Signor.

Signor his son would often join his father in a drinking bout. Their drink of choice was bourbon and scotch.

Every month Signor would go to the Pharmacy to pick up his medication from his Uncle Sean his father’s brother.

On many occasions, Cheyanne warned her son not to give her husband alcohol mixed with his medication.

Early one morning, Cheyanne brought him breakfast, oatmeal, toast, and a glass of milk. He took a bite of the food and ignored her. He then, through the food across the room and asked, for his son Signor. For some reason, he became paranoid thinking that his wife could kill for the “Soldier’s Will”.

He began to reminisce about the war, and dismissed the thought out of his mind, that his wife had ulterior motives.

Cheyanne cleaned the mess up off the floor, and summoned for Signor to come and speak to his father.

Signor as usual brought in two glasses, one for himself and his father. He opened the bag, took out the bourbon and scotch. He filled his father’s glass with bourbon, and one fourth scotch. His glass was filled  with bourbon only.

After drinking the alcohol Lion Fist felt the same tightness in his chest. He grabbed Signor by his collar, and pulled him closer to himself. Tears now streaming from Signor’s eyes as he watched his father’s nose began to bleed, and his fiery eyes close.

Immediately, Signor fell on his father’s chest and began to cry. The family overhearing the noise ran into the room to find out what happened.

Carbon observes that blood is coming from her father’s nose. She becomes hysterical and calls 911. Cheyanne places her hand on his shoulder. She began to cry out loud.

Shortly, afterwards the ambulance and the fire department arrive. The emergency medical team apply an oxygen mask to his face and a severe epistaxis splatters everywhere inside the mask.

After, Lion Fist arrives at the hospital, he is ushered into the surgery room.

When the family arrived at the hospital, he is pronounced dead.

The family grab each other and began to cry.

The next day, Cheyanne calls up the insurance company to get the proceeds from the “Soldier’s Will”. Cheyanne, Carbon and Signor agree that they need to change environments.

A week later the money is deposited into Cheyanne and Signor’s accounts.

The same day a detective shows up at the family's home. Signor welcome's Detective “A” into the home.

Detective “A” introduces his self to the family. Cheyanne, Carbon and Signor smile and stare at the floor, for they are still grieving the death of their father.

Detective “A” begins by asking the family, did your husband ever mention any war veterans that had befriended him after his plight in the army? No, said Cheyanne.

Signor said, the family is my father’s only association. Carbon begins to cry hysterically at the thought that her father is dead. Please calm down Carbon, said detective “A”.

The detective asked Carbon did she have any association with any of her father’s association from the army or elsewhere? Carbon said no.

Well, here is my report. The police squad now walk into the home. We found small doses of cyanide in your father’s stomach, someone was poisoning his food or drink. We also found liver damage from the alcohol that he was consuming, this caused cirrhosis of the liver.

We performed a phone check and found out that Cheyanne was having an affair, with his brother the pharmacist. After informing her lover Sean that she had inherited the long anticipated “Soldier’s Will” they began to plot his death. We later found out that the pharmacist was prescribing his brother small doses of cyanide which was being injected in his arm. This led to a lesion on his brain that hemorrhaged.

 This eventually killed him.

At this very moment Signor grabbed the policeman's gun from his holster and tried to get rid of his mother. Another officer ran toward the gun and tackled Signor to the floor, now retaining the gun.

The police officer's detained Sean at the pharmacy . They arrested Cheyanne.

The detective placed his hand on Signor’s shoulder, and he began to break down with tears. The Detective informed him, that they had already received a phone call from Cheyanne that he was giving Lion Fist alcohol against the Physician's orders.

The detective handcuffed Signor and told him to get into the car. He arrived at a strange building, and when he looked up his father was sitting in a wheelchair with tears streaming down his face.

1512 W. Mission Blvd. 18

Pomona, Ca. 91766

(909) 344-7587






December 13, 2020 21:57

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.