0 comments

Inspirational

Puddles                                                                                                   

Do you remember falling and scraping your knee as a child? How your mom cleaned it, bandaged it up, kissed it, then gave you a great big hug? How about your 4th grade teacher on whom you secretly had the biggest crush ever?, remember the warmth of their embrace?... “I’m gonna marry a nice person like this someday” was your thought. How about your dad?...remember at age 14, how much you missed him when he left home to serve the country?...then the awesome feeling ever when he miraculously appeared and surprised you on your 16th birthday? How wonderful it felt as the both of you stood embracing one another in tears. What about that first slow dance with your new spouse?, remember how you stared into each other’s eyes and strolled gracefully across the dance floor? The longer you stared, the quieter the room became as guests seemingly faded and blended into the background and beauty of the facility’s immaculate décor. What a special night, What a magical embrace. Remember sitting and watching your grandma struggle to breathe as she laid on her bed of transition, yet somehow, she managed to whisper a few parting words in your ear... “Laugh often, Love deeply, and Live without Limitations my sweet grandchild.  Choose Good over Evil, choose Light over Darkness and I will see you again someday.” Then, with frail, boney arms, she reached out and placed her vein-protruding hands alongside your face, pulled you close, and kissed your forehead. She then embraced you but to your surprise, the strength of her embrace felt like that of a 30-year-old. It startled you briefly and gave you a bit of hope that she would pull through but she didn’t and had to be pulled away from you as her body instantly froze and her spirit departed from here frail body right there in your arms.                                                                              

Now, imagine entering Heaven. You take a step beyond the gate’s threshold and simply stand there for a moment and take in the immense beauty. You look around and think “I’ve Gotta Be Dreaming!!!”  Afar off, you notice someone walking in your direction. You sense something special about this person as…even from such distance, you feel a shift in energy. Every step he takes with purpose and in the fullest of intent. Oddly enough, like a videographer behind their camera, your eyes instantly zoom-in upon his feet. You observe as the natural heel to toe stepping motion of each foot as they slowly rolls across portions of plush fluorescent-green grass, giving off a vibration of love and adoration to the core and root of each worshipping and rejoicing blade of grass his feet flowed across. You find yourself in a trance-like-state, then instantly, you’re snapped right out of it as you slowly tilt your head upwards and Jesus is standing directly in front of you.

Right away, you noticed how closely he resembled the many portraits illustrated by various gifted artists on earth.

He stood around 5 feet 7 inches tall with dark, mid-length, woolly-tight strands of gorgeous dark-brown hair that was parted down the center of his head. He had a short, well-groomed beard with baby-smooth, sun-kissed, olive toned skin. His teeth glowed as he smiled, they were pearly-white and perfectly straight. You then notice the captivating beauty and the hypnotic features of his eyes. You marveled at his eyeballs and notice how they ranged in value scale from powder blue to a rich turquoise. You were amazed when noticing how the power blue twirled and tumbled within the turquoise like majestic ocean waves. In slow motion, they splashed about all together and left you in complete awe. You then notice tiny red items that remained stable within the center of each eyeball. Upon a closer look, you realized that the tiny red items were actually his pupils, and that they were formed in the shape of hearts. They were small, sparkling rubies that stood in the center of each eyeball as the glorious blue shades of ocean waves tossed themselves about in their background. His eyes were completely mesmerizing and peered throughout every layer of your soul and somehow, at that very moment, you knew that it was he..…and he alone who loved, watched over, and cared for you your entire life. Suddenly, a cold tsunami wave of feeling “I’m Home” rushes over you. The Lord tells you to relax and inhale, then reaches out and embraces you. You become so overwhelmed by his touch that your knees weaken, but Jesus reaches out and holds you up. He looks at you and smiles, then, with a level of enthusiasm, the Lord says your name and you’re shocked that he knows it. Then, in the most loving and sweetest tone you’ve ever heard, he says…” Well done my child… Welcome Home,” He embraces you again and says… “did you not know that all of humanity longs for the feeling of my arms and the moment when they'll get to close their eyes and rest their head upon my shoulder?....If one were to combine the feeling of every sweet, kind, loving, and most memorable hug one has ever experienced while on earth into one, it would fall considerably shy in virtue when compared with mine. My embrace love in its purest form…MY EMBRACE IS LIFE” Suddenly, everything started moving slowly as Yahushua reached out with both hands in the direction of your face, you immediately notice his hands. You see how rugged, yet strong and flawlessly manicured they were, but what stood out about them most were located their palm region, You vividly noticed the half-dollar-coin-sized/fully-healed scares that laid across them. The Lord then raises his hands even closer to your face, he places his thumbs upon the inside corners of your eyes, then, tenderly and simultaneously, he slides both thumbs along your face just beneath your lower eyelashes and your tears instantly disappears.

The Lord then interlocks his arm with yours and proceeds leading you forward, but after several steps, he brings you to an abrupt halt, then slowly tilts his head down… “Oh boy! I sure hope he’s not having second thoughts” you whispered within yourself.

He raises his head, turns, and looks into your eyes, he then raises one eyebrow, giggles and says…”And by the way, you and those flimsy knees of yours?"...portions of his glowing white robe waved about in heaven’s breeze as he flung himself around in a circle with his arms raised high, he then said…”No Worries”….as his voice then switched to a familiar resonating deep bass tone, he said..,.“YOU’LL SOON GET ACCUSTOMED TO ALL THE LOVE.” He then said…“Those on earth inhale oxygen and exhale carbon dioxide, HERE, WE INHALE ONLY, exhaling is nonexistent. We all take in RE-NEWED and REINVIGARATED oxygen. My child…here, we only inhale THE FRESH AIR OF OUR FATHER’S LOVE.”  A sudden inclination to take in a deep breath overtakes you and you do so, afterwards,…a dazed expression comes across on your face, you look at the Lord and say.... “Wait…What!!!?…that voice...when you said I’d get accustomed to the love.... was I hearing things, or was that like,…was that Barry White’s voice??? Knowing how much you loved music while on earth, and many songs by Barry while in particular, Yahushua giggled and replied...”So, you caught that huh?” Then…in a really deep rumbling tone that shook your new body to its core, he said…” SHO-YA-RIIIGHT!!!!.”  You both laughed out loud…“Remember, after all…, It was I who bestowed that amazingly rich and beautiful tone upon Mr. White….ALL... ARE MINE.”

Like a proud poppa hanging out with his kid, Jesus looks up and smiles at you as you walk further into heaven alongside him. He then stops, looks at you and says…”I so love The Dampening” you think.,,,”huh?”…knowing your thought, he replies "The Moister...the Puddles my child. My favorite moment of all when reuniting with my children is to feel their every teardrop as they fall and rest upon the shoulder and rear portions of my garment and form puddles. Every puddle creates their own unique shape, even their temperatures are different. The moister penetrates through to my skin and I feel them,...I close my eyes and feel them. I FEEL THEIR LOVE FOR ME."

You both look at each other once more and smile, then Jesus ask for something of you… “Okay…now give me a Really Big One.” You knew exactly what he meant so you slowly closed your eyes, inhaled, and took in a super deep Breath of Holiness...“Well…let’s roll…there’s many waiting to see you.”  He then gives you a light pat on your back, tossed his arm around your shoulder, and proceeded escorting you further into your new home.   

~Dan W. Carter (DahSoulman)  

August 30, 2023 02:15

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | Illustrated Short Stories | 2024-06

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in Reedsy Studio. 100% free.