The unknown death of Ken

Submitted into Contest #97 in response to: Start your story with an unexpected knock on a window.... view prompt

0 comments

Crime Black Horror

TW: killing, suicide

Once, there was a man named Ken. He shifted in a new house which was very big. He had to live all alone in that house as his wife and daughter died in an accident. He went into depression and left his parents. He felt really lonely living in that house all alone as had so many memories with his wife and daughter hidden in everything he had. Now, 3 months have passed.

He lived somewhere in between a patch of forest when he started to hear weird sounds like someone is hitting something and like someone 's cutting something and like someone's footsteps. He got used to it. Day by Day, the sounds got louder and louder. He didn't believe in ghosts or spirits. He thought it that it must've been an animal. His best friend during these days was music. The only thing he did was pray, hunt for animals, cook, sleep, and then repeat.

One day he was bored of his life and daily routine so he decided to leave that hut and go to city, get a job and get a busy lifestyle. So, he went to Los Angeles and applied for many jobs but he got rejected as he wasn't educated well. Then he thought that he can be a chef as he can cook but still, he couldn't find a job. And then all of a sudden, he got a job at someone's house as a chef. A Family lived there from the past 30 years. Both of their children were murdered because the family was Black. They killed the children and left their parents alone. People feared that house as 2 children were murdered. During those crises, many children were killed. That time people were illiterate they thought being black is a crime. But one thing to remember the family wasn't an ordinary family. Their ancestors were able to connect to things normal eyes couldn't see. Some people believed them and called them "The Unknown family". But Ken didn't know all this. He agreed to work there. He was well paid.

First Day, He did his job quite peacefully, he was enjoying. And like that one month passed everything was going normally as expected. He got his salary he paid his bills, he paid his rent, he got all the necessary things he would need. Like that, 3 months passed but things weren't going like before he wasn't well rested he was constantly distracted and was disturbed. He sometimes heard children running here and there in the Yard but when he went there, he saw nothing. He sometimes thought it was his hallucination but sometimes he was scared too. He didn't believe in spirits. But paranormal activities happened. Sometimes while he would walk, he would feel something behind him. Sometimes while he would sleep, he would feel like he wasn't alone in his house. So now you know what actually was happening.

Then he decided to go to a psychiatrist. He went there and told him everything happening he said "I feel like I'm not alone, someone's watching me and is with me every time". The psychiatrist asked him some questions like where you work and tell him about the people he worked with. He didn't know about the children he just told him about the people he worked with and the address of the house. He told the psychiatrist that the people he worked for were very kind but very suspicious they don't talk too much, nor do they go to someone's and neither someone comes to their house. The psychiatrist thought, sighed and then told him that "That house... It's not an ordinary house, people have seen even I've seen some kids.." "KIDS" he screamed "I'VE SEEN 2 KIDS EVERYWHERE, IN THE YARD, IN MY DREAMS IN THE HOUSE" psychiatrist said "Yeah those children they were murdered IN their house because they were black" Ken replied "What?, That's so messed up why didn't I know about this? And why were they killed? And also their parents are white then how are the children black?" Psychiatrist replied "It's because they adopted them, everyone here knows their story because there is a book related to their ancestors "The Unknown family" their book was named "You can't see me but you can feel me" Ken instantly replied "OH GOD! I'VE READ THAT BOOK IT'S MY FAVORITE BOOK! IS IT FROM THEIR FAM? And I've heard it's based on reality" "Yes." Psychiatrist replied. Ken asked his name psychiatrist said "My name is David, when you fully investigate this come back then". Ken said bye and headed back to his home.

The next day he went to where he worked, got courage, and asked them that can they let him know about what happened to their children? And why didn't they tell him about this? The family was in shock that how did he got to know. But not anymore because they knew that people would tell him. They replied "We didn't tell you about this from the fear of you being scared and running away. And about our children... We had 2 children a girl and a boy. My girl was named Teresa and My son name was Trey. So what exactly happened that 10 years ago, on 2nd, December, 1980 there was a civil war in the country going on in which the people of the country were killing those who's skin is black because they thought that black bring negativity to the country and aren't safe people to deal with but that wasn't the case.." Ken said "BUT THA..." She said (The mother of the children) "Shush! We don't like someone interrupting our conversation, so I was saying that people were killing black people, children and even kids. We were so scared of losing our children that we locked ourselves in our home for 6 months without coming out of the house. Whenever someone would knock on the door, we would remain silent and didn't reply. Our relatives thought we died in our home from the fear of being killed that's why people are scared of us. But then one day... A person knocked on our window and was constantly knocking. Then after 2-3 minutes of knocking he gave up and smashed the window and broke into our house. We hid our children in the yard there was a secret room but little did we knew the person opened the door from the inside and Many of his companions came and asked her if we had children our obvious answer was No but they didn't believe us they went through the entire house and then went to the Yard". (I started crying and said). "They found them.... We were so scared and was begging them to leave the children alone, but they didn't listen to us and murdered them right away. Ken was sweating and was nervous he asked them "Do you remember their faces?" The father replied "No, their Dork faces were hidden behind a scarf, so now you know what happened" Ken said, "I'm really sorry for your loss" They said, "We will never forgive them, and also our government for not taking any action, now you know you can go, I don't think you'll ever come back" Ken said," We'll see about that" and left.

The next day he went to the psychiatrist and told him that "I'm not feeling well" David (The psychiatrist) said "is everything okay? Did you find out about those children?" Ken said, "Yes that's why I'm not feeling well...." He was quiet and then said, "I know the person who killed them, I know him very well" David said "Really? Who is him? You should tell them about the person" Ken said, "We'll see about that I have to go now" He left and after 2 days he went back to Texas where he lived before. After 2 years when David was trying to reach him by calling him Someone answered the phone David asked "Hello, is this Ken? I'm David, Ken's psychiatrist" there was a voice of a kid who replied "Ken is dead he took his life by jumping down a 12 floor building" and then suddenly turned the phone off and today it's still off.

 

June 08, 2021 20:55

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | Illustration — We made a writing app for you | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.