0 comments

Drama High School Teens & Young Adult

I woke up to my phone ringing like it's going to blast , I picked it up and I heard her yelling "Day after tomorrow we have a school reunion and you are coming ".

I said "but.... "

"No buts and if 's you are coming and that's final" and she hung up. Commanding right, but I love her. She's my bestie Maya, the only good memory from my high school.

By the way I am Samantha, a strong, beautiful, independent young woman. But was I always like this?

No!

Well I definitely don't want to go to the reunion but Maya is stubborn and is insisting me to go there since a week . I don't want to meet anyone there particularly HIM.

Today is the d-day I mean 'reunion' not like I am scared to go there but I have moved on and don't want any ties with my bad past .

Maya is already here to pick me up.

I wore a beautiful red dress and a light makeup.

Now we are in front of my school. I really hope he is not here. It's time to go in, though I am nervous I walked in confidently like I am saying that the girl in front of you is not the same Samantha from high school anymore .

When I entered my friends or whatever they are, we're in a shock by my confident self I went and spoke to them and showed them that I don't give a damn and then I saw HIM, he was there talking with his friends, my first love.

Back in High school

I was a shy girl minding her own business. Maya was my best friend she was beautiful and was nothing like me, she was a happy go lucky girl who does what she wants.

And then there was this one guy whom I had a crush on, Jacob. We were good friends. He was a popular guy and my only friend other than Maya.

I used to get bullied in school . Falling by stumbling upon someone's feet or my hair getting pulled , being called by different weird names was like a daily routine to me and if you ask me why the only reason was I was a nerd. If I think back now I don't understand why I didn't stand up for myself, I did nothing wrong to be treated so badly. I didn't wanted to go to school at all. It was a living hell. But, when I see him , Jacob I was happy, he was the reason for me to smile. My heart used to beat fast whenever I was around him.

I used to have butterflies in my stomach when he used to talk to me. Oh I forgot to tell you how we became friends. Well he was failing in math so he asked me to tutor him as I was topper and obviously I said yes. I used to let him copy all my notes. I was happy with just the fact that I was able to talk to him. I wanted to confess my feelings to him but was scared that it would ruin our friendship.

There was a week before exams and after that high school would be over.

It's now or never I thought and finally I decided to confess my feelings to him.

I approached him during the lunch break " Jac.. Jacob, I I have to to tell you something " I stuttered.

"Why are you stuttering " He giggled.

I mustered up all my courage and told "Jacob I LOVE YOU, I don't know when, how but I just know that I love you" and I stood there waiting for his response.

He started laughing at me " Sam why do you think I will love a girl like you, ya we are friends but LOVE! hahaha"

I was shocked at his response "girl like you" what did he mean by that. I understand he need not have feelings for me but doesn't mean he have to insult me.

"I HATE YOU" I yelled and ran away from there.

I became a joke in whole school, I was getting trolled on social media. I didn't go to school after that.

I felt foolish for even believing he was my friend. I failed to notice that he was a jerk all along as I was blinded by love. He was talking to me just for notes , he used me ,he played with my feelings. Our friendship was a joke to him, I mean he didn't even tried to contact me after that and that was the last time I saw him.

I was a crying mess but Maya and my family was always there for me, they consoled me. That's when I decided to be a better version of myself and started loving myself and I never looked back, I moved on, graduated and became an entrepreneur , a successful entrepreneur .

Today I saw him again after so many years .This time he came to me and hugged me like nothing ever happened.

He said " Hey sam, How are you it's been a long time" I didn't respond He continued "Damn you look beautiful Sam" I ignored him and started to walk away with Maya. He grabbed my hand and said "I know I was wrong and I am sorry for that " I didn't respond.

"Come on Sam we are friends " he said.

"Friends? I would have believed it if it was few years ago but now I am not the vulnerable Sam that believes all your lies Mr.Jacob " I said.

I know he is saying this because he knows I am successful. But even if he was sincere he lost his chance. When he didn't accept me like that, then he doesn't deserve me now.

And he said " I didn't realize it then Sam but I LOVE YOU and I was a fool to let you go"

I smirked and replied

"why do you think I will love a GUY LIKE YOU".

October 01, 2020 10:32

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.