0 comments

General


 March 14, 2009

 

 

            Me and my family just moved to a new town. Now that we have technically started a new life, I wanted to record my life from here. I’ll try to write in this diary when I find time. This will be a big move because we moved from Illinois to Michigan. Jake my older son and Arwen my younger daughter, will have a hard time adjusting to Michigan. They had lots of friends in Springfield(Illinois). They had practically lived there their whole life. Even I grew up there.

 

                                                                    March 15, 2009

 

            It’s early in the morning. This was something I had to write down in my diary. Last night me and my wife, Jane, were awoken to a cry of a baby and a quiet hushing noise from a woman. The baby wailed and screamed but nothing else. The woman sings a lullaby and calms the baby.

 

                                                                    March 15, 2009

            

            I’m writing again today because I can’t sleep. Again I hear the crying baby and a hushing noise. I forgot to write this down, but behind my house is a small forest. In just 2 days we have seen wolves, chayotes, and deer. Many animals are living here. I think it could just be some animals. So that’s that. I talked to my friend about this. All he said was that chayote‘s mating calls sound like a baby or woman crying. There was still no explanation to the hushing but I took the explanation.

 

                                                                     March 21, 2009

 

            This whole noise situation has been going on for a while. Right now as I write this I can hear voices. The voices are not very clear but anyone can easily tell that it’s voices. The voice is too high to be a mans voice, so I think it might be a woman. The voice seems to be repeating itself over and over again. It’s about 2 o’ clock in the morning. Tomorrow I will go and find what the noises are.

 

                                                                     March 22, 2009

 

            I just went and checked out the noises. It appears to be coming from the woods. I think I heard the voice saying “No! Stop. Leave us alone.” There was also a faint noise that sounded like a gunshot, actually two. I am getting worried. What if someone is hurt, possibly dead?

 

                                                                       April 4, 2009

 

            The sounds have continued. No one but me can hear the noises. Not even Jane. It’s been a week and a half. I gave up on finding the noise and installed a noise canceling machine around my whole house. Now my wife thinks I am a creep because I write at 3:00 a.m. every night. 

 

                                                                        April 5, 2009

 

            All of my noise canceling machines broke. I spent about $1300 on those machines. Tonight the sounds are louder than ever. The woman seems to be screaming louder than ever. Repeating the same phrase over and over again. “No! Stop. Please leave us alone”.

 

                                                                        April 6, 2009

 

            Last night I couldn’t finish writing because I soon discovered the noise was coming from my own house. Well, next to my house. The next page has the continued part.

                                                             

     April 5, 2009

 

            3 a.m.: I told my wife Jane to call the cops. About 2 minutes later the cops arrived at our front door. I filled them in on what has happened in the last 3 weeks. They then proceeded to search the patio after the searched the rest of the house. That’s where I heard the noise! I told the cops what was there. They then listened but heard nothing. It seemed something was beeping under a metal detector.It seemed to be under the patio. They cops were there until after sunrise. They then took apart my patio and started to dig underneath it. We heard a loud noise. It sounded like a hard pop. After examining what popped, we were shocked at what we found. We had hit two skeletons and 2 knives. The most unbelievable was that one of the skeletons was a baby and the other was a older adult. Just like the woman and the baby’s voices.

 

            

                                                               April 14, 2009

            

            My wife Jane thought it was a coincidence that the skeletons were a baby and a adult, but I think otherwise. Right when I saw the skeletons, I knew they were calling to someone. This has kept me awake all night for days. I’ve been thinking about this for too long.

 

                                                                 April 21, 2009

 

            Today the police came by today to tell us that we had informed us that the two skeletons were confirmed to be a mother and baby daughter who went missing 10 years ago. This confirms my suspicion. It was no coincidence. Out of all of that I have been wondering about one thing the most. Why was I the only one able to hear the voices? Why not Jane? We had found the crying souls. The great thing is their family was informed and they were happy to have found their family members. I also stopped hearing the voices.

 

                                                                    May 6, 2009

 

            Jane has made new friends nearby and Jake and Arwen have made many friends and are fitting in at school. I guess this is the last journal entry. I have been promoted and have twice as much as work. I have to go to Detroit for work now. It’s a pretty shady area but well, screw it. I hope anyone who finds this in the future will find this one interesting. This is where I sign off.

 

To the person reading this,

 

                                    

                                    James

 

                                                    

 

                                                                September 24, 2019

 

            I found this old journal my dad wrote in when I was small. I have had a rough life growing up. I have  trouble sleeping at night. My dad and mom were murdered in Detroit after he got a promotion and they were never found. Ever since my parents died, we have lived with my grandparents, and my brother Jake has taken care of me. Just like my dad wrote,  every  night I hear voices. Voices of a woman and a man that sound similar to my parents. I think this  is a curse that now runs through the family. This is what we have to live with. I am not sure when someone will find this but please keep this safe forever. Thank you in advance to the future.

 

            Sincerely, 

 

                                    Arwen

 

                                                                        

April 05, 2020 04:20

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.