A strange soulmate.

Submitted into Contest #202 in response to: Write about two people striking up an unlikely friendship.... view prompt

3 comments

Friendship Happy Romance

It was a hot summer day. I was getting ready to finish some errand. Working in my mind, to end certain toxic energies working around me and move on to take a new direction in life as life comes for once and you have to live once. Patiently and silently consuming the unwanted burden for so long, while kept telling myself, I am done being empathetic and silent anymore. The sufferings needed to end. I must find a new door to a new world.


Sitting in my car, heading in the drive line, not focused on what was going around. The very same moment, I saw a stranger's face with black shades on, smiling vibrantly and cheerfully, talking to someone. What was there in that very instance, which caught my eyes that I got drifted away from all the thoughts. It froze me in the moment that I forgot to drive. I was speechless, wordless, senseless, or spellbound that the time had lost its counting. Someone honked at me to move ahead. I came back to the world again. What just happened, electric wave running through me, shaking my soul, and I smiled for no reason. Who was he? I didn't know, perhaps I didn't want to know. He was mesmerizing, cheering the world around unknowingly, spreading smiles unintentionally, and casting magical affect on someone slowly. Oh, I can't forget those moments, never knowing that they were going to change my life forever from now on.


And, the life took a new turn. The sand was going through my hands and it just stopped. I came home, rejuvenated and happy. It felt like a cool breeze has touched my soul. The barren land had been showered. My thirst had been quenched. What did I find? A Melody in the silence, a Diamond in the sand, Light at the end, or beats to which I was going to dance on, I wanted to feel it and go touch the same place again. Was this the path? I longed to walk on or was this the Divine gift, I earned in years. Not thinking through, I just wished to see him again, why? How the sleepless night fell on the morning but the next day, the same time, I passed to see, wishing desperately to have that mysterious sight again. There you go, he was there, this time quiet. It felt like the whole world is quiet. What is happening to me? Why, suddenly, I started flowing with the moment, he was flowing in? We were crossing paths and our eyes met for an instance. He stared, my heart started pounding as if I am caught looking at him. My heart and mind were transfixed on that stare which then took my breath away forever. He noticed and smiled, I couldn't move. I wished everything to freeze like a pause button. It didn't happen. I had to leave.


I never knew that some people had such long lasting and enthralling affect on you that could change you for good, as if you were reborn and reincarnated. Words and smiles have power to make the world a better place. I started flowing in those appealing waves which were going to teach me new lessons to fight against all storms. Head high, I found new way to live, love, and feel.


I was in this world and had to feel the world the way it was created but I was not. Then, I decided to keep going to the same place, same time, every day. It kept going on and on. My routine, my days, and nights had changed. I felt that all the negative energies had suddenly disappeared. What a beautiful, everlasting, and delightful journey had started. My life had changed. I gave up on ending things, blocking my thoughts because I found new ways to recreate and reproduce from the same dark spots. I suddenly realized, there was so much to life other than burning with fire. I knew that the new flame was going to ignite and determined to touch him too.


Years had gone, I never gave up as this lovely presence was spellbinding, compelling, and feeding my soul. I lost him many times during this journey but found again with great struggle. Something had gripped me strongly. Now, time had come to connect and listen to his hypnotic voice and be in his sensuous field. I made an effort to know him to get closer. My prayers were heard as the Divine powers had heard to bless me with some peace and shower me with real happiness. Longing and yearning to attract his gaze, all I desired to be in his aura.


All my efforts had earned that unlikely yet hopeful moment, where I was fortunate enough to see him so close that my whole body was shaking with immense excitement and adrenaline affect. Sitting in front of him, unable to hold myself, but uttered my inner self to him. I wanted to unburden and put my head on his shoulder and shed the tears all out. I had gone through a long journey of challenges, and just his sight had done so many wonders that I felt rewarded. Holding hands, our souls were connected, and now beginning a new journey, where we could understand and feel each other without even a whisper. We were now stepping together to a heavenly door. No matter, where, would it lead? speechless on the thought! but I was there to fly in this new direction with him.


I had a new parallel dimension now, I was lost freely and with my free will. I desired, determined, and wished to touch this star in the billions of other stars. He was so brightening that I couldn't see beyond, it could cover the shades of the world. With this eternal peace and happiness, I wished with all my heart, this unlikely journey would never end and could bless us with strong bonding. A stranger so close to be my soulmate!


June 12, 2023 17:56

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

3 comments

15:14 Jun 22, 2023

I really like the concept and optimism of this piece. I can feel your hopefulness and peace in the writing. My only suggestion is to give a little more attention to grammar, such as verb tenses and writing in full sentences. Sometimes I got distracted by just small details like that and then had to refocus on what you were trying to say. But I love the idea of your soulmate and the kind of heavenly presence it has. Nice job.

Reply

Farah Durrani
11:20 Jun 23, 2023

Thank you very much for your valuable comments. I will surely follow your suggestions. First ever try but hope to make better next time.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Farah Durrani
11:20 Jun 23, 2023

Thank you very much for your valuable comments. I will surely follow your suggestions. First ever try but hope to make better next time.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
RBE | Illustration — We made a writing app for you | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.