1 comment

Inspirational Coming of Age

Adventure calls to those who answer

Life calls to everyone, every day.

Death calls to anyone who's given up on life.


You can run out into the woods with only your phone and water bottle and have an adventure. And can even have friends over and play game night and experience life. You can go skydiving or jump off a cliff into the water, and see Death.


Love calls to the ones that feel lonely.

Peace calls to the ones that feel frustrated or sad.

Happiness calls to the ones who feel the people surrounding them.


You can spend time with family or with a good friend, and experience love. You can go on a hike to feel peace. You can go to a party or adopt a pet to feel happiness.


Words.

The thing we communicate with.

So 3d, yet it seems just 2d.

One thing can mean another, or two things can mean one.


But sometimes things can mix.

Love can be angry, worried, married, or just peaceful.

Sadness could be anger, peace, happiness, or fear.

Angry can be fear, enraged, surprised, or guilty.

Fear can be surprised, guilty, loving, or wonder.


Anything can be anything. When you open the box, you either know what's inside or you don't. Like a present on Christmas day or an unknown package in the mail.

Or someone forgiving you or giving a hug; Saying goodbye, or wishing someone blessings; Making a treat for breakfast or a treat for something special.


Being missed so much while dead is the price for being so loved while alive. But peace is not the highest goal in life, but it's the most fundamental requirement.


But even the greatest was once a beginner. Don't be afraid to take that first step. The value of life is not its duration. but in its donation.


But the past cannot be changed. Your future is yet in your power.

The question that we all think about is "What do you think is the most waste of time?"

And the answer might be just comparing yourself to others.


But I also wonder if there is a school for unlearning.

So much would be lost, and forgotten because no one would want to remember the uncomfortable truths and live inside of the comfortable lies.

But imagine what the world would be if we were less afraid. Or what we would be if we were less afraid.


But one of our greatest freedoms is how we react to things. Joy, sadness, anger, fear, disgust, surprise, peace.


But isn't it odd that we can only see our outsides, but nearly everything happens on the inside?

Love for someone. Mourning for someone.

Peacefulness about things.

And we and the world are so vast. It feels so big that we can't handle it. Just so much beauty in the world that we need to look after.


But being kind to yourself is one of the greatest kindnesses. You are trying not to be selfish, and help others, but in reality, you are falling into the trap of yourself. Falling into debt, going hungry.

But when you take time for yourself, you give time to replenish yourself to give more to others. Because kindness beats anything. It quietly sits beyond all things.


Because we often wait for kindness. But being kind to yourself can start any day. You just have to take the time for yourself.

And we often crush ourselves under our own mistakes. And the hardest person to forgive isn't your brother, mother, sister, father, friend, or relative. But yourself. When dark clouds come, keep going. Others believe in you more than you believe in yourself. Soon you’ll catch up.


Sometimes we feel lost. But your loved ones’ love brings you home. But sometimes people’s whole lives are just trying to find a home that appreciates them as they are and loves them unconditionally. But everyone is trying to get home eventually. Life is difficult, but know that you are loved.


When the big things feel out of control, focus on what you love right under your nose. The storm will pass. Always. And after you say, “We have so far to go.” Just remind yourself how far you’ve gone to come here, right where you are in this world. But home isn’t always a place.


And on our journey home, we can get scared. Our tears fall for a reason: our strength, not weakness. When you say “Help” you are refusing to give up, and just need someone to guide you through to the answer.


You are at your strongest when you dare to show your weakness. But you sometimes worry that other people would realize that you are just ordinary, while love doesn’t need you to be extraordinary.

And sometimes just getting up and carrying on is brave and magnificent. Because the greatest illusion is that everything should be perfect.


Because look at the swan.

They look so magnificent, wading in the water. But underneath is quite a frantic paddling going on underneath. We can be so quiet and find that we think that we have nothing interesting to say. But being honest is always interesting.



We can feel like our lives are like a water glass. And we are only filled to halfway. We can perceive it either as half full or half empty. But some people are just grateful to have a glass.

And I’ve realized why we are alive. To love, and to be loved. Look around you. Look at your friends. At your family. You are enough for them. You don’t have to change anything to be loved. And even if you want to change, I hope that someone, even if it’s one person, loves you before and after the change.


And when our hearts hurt, we wrap them with friendship, shared tears, and time, till they wake up hopeful and happy again. Don’t measure yourself how valuable you are because of how you are treated. Always remember you matter, you are important and are loved, and you bring into this world things no one else can.


Resting with these words or not, you can make a difference in others' lives whether you know it or not. Thank someone who has made a difference in your life, it might make a difference in their lives too because of your simple thank you that means more than you can imagine.


You can escape your fate, or you can walk right into it. It's your choice.


Look how far we’ve come…



May 09, 2023 19:15

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

Asher Cross
16:02 May 25, 2023

This Story was inspired by "The Boy, The Mole, The Fox, And The Horse" by Charlie Mackesy.

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | Illustrated Short Stories | 2024-06

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in Reedsy Studio. 100% free.