The Long Bout Home.

Submitted into Contest #40 in response to: Write a story about friends who wind up on a misadventure.... view prompt

0 comments

Adventure

I believed it to be a misadventure...

I was teleported into blistering fire. I knew nothing of what to do. There were horrid people walking around me, and all I had to find, was the piece that teleported me to these catastrophic flames. I think about what happened, what got me here? Oh no! We were playing in the woods, found this piece and somehow, after we touched it, we got knocked off our toes. Then, I suddenly hear people call my name in an, out of breathe matter. 

"James, James where are you?!" I got startled for a second but then, I realized those voices. They call me again, but this time I respond back confidently, well sort of. 

"H-Hello. Where a-a-are you guys?" 

They somehow appeared right in front of me. † 

"James, you need to know something." "Leo and JoJo, what are you guys doing here?!" 

"No time to talk, the evil king is chasing after us." 

"RUNNNN!!!" I ran and yelled at the same time. 

"How did we get here. Where are we. It's SOOO HOTTT!!!" 

"I don’t know James, but let's hide in that dungeon." "ROOOAARRRR!!!!!" The deformed creature appeared, as its mouth watered and eyes turned blood-shot red. 

"No time!" 

"Guys, I found the piece. Here goes nothing!" 

"WELL PRESS IT OR SOMETHING, WE ARE ABOUT TO BE EATEN ALIIVVEE!!" 

"OK LEO AND JOJO HERE GOES NOTHING!!" 

"BOOM!!!!" 

I clicked on the symbol of the American flag and you won't believe where it took us next! 

 

"Ready!" 

"Um, Leo and JoJo!!" 

"Aim!" 

""Um, What's going on here guys?!" 

"FI-" 

"AHHHHH!!! HOW DID WE GET HERE!" 

"HOLD YOUR FIRE! There are three children in the middle of the battle field. WHAT DO YOU CHUBBY CHOPS WANT WITH THIS WAR." 

"Oh my God. We didn't get-" 

"DID I NOT MAKE MYSELF CLEAR? SPEAK NOW OR FOREVER HOLD YOUR PEACE! YOU--- IN THE MIDDLE, TALK!!!" 

"UH-UH, M-M-MY NAME IS J-JO- Leo, I'll do anything you want!" 

"Okay!!! HELLO SIR! I AM FROM AMERICA. MAY WE GET TODAY'S DATE AND WHAT YOU ARE FIGHTING FOR EXACTLY." 

"YOU ARE WITNESSING THE PHILIDELPHIA CAMPAIGN IN 1778. US BRITIAINS WILL DEFEAT---. HOLD ON LAD, YOU MUTS ARE AMERICAN?" 

"gulp!" 

"WELL, ACTUALLY---" 

"ENOUGH TALKING! READY!! AIM!! FI---" 

"PRESS THE BUTTON JAMES!" 

"POW! POW!" 

 

As if my mind wasn't already spinning, we were teleported to a place that smelt of wheat, and fresh flowing water. Too bad my friends, JoJo and Leo looked like braindead cows, so they couldn't enjoy the beautiful view. 

"The piece. That enchanted piece James." 

"How did it get us into the-" 

"RE" 

"VO" 

"LUTIONARY" 

"WAR!" 

"That’s was so scary and awesome dude lets go again. James and Leo, let's go again." 

 "Snicker, snicker" 

"What guys, I'm serious. James why are you laughing?" 

"Well we can tell you loved it. Look, at the front of your pants." 

"Huh?" 

"Leo, look! He peed himself." 

"BAWHHAHAHAHA!!!" 

"HEHEHE!!!" 

"Ok, very funny guys. But look, why are there so many sun images out here. And why does it smell so good but looks deserted? Now that’s funny-" 

"Shiiing!" 

When that spear was thrown in or direction, believe me, I already knew what part of time we teleported into. Thankfully, it slightly missed Leo's feet, but I don't know why it was that I knew of the Aztecs from history, or when they said it right in our faces. 

"How dare you disturb the worship of our Gods." 

"Lord Montezuma I-" 

"The Second!" 

"Oh yes, Lord Montezuma The Second, should we give up these 3 as blood to our sacrifice to the gods?" 

"No my faithful slave, leave them be. I will talk to them myself. Fetch my guards." 

"Yes master." 

"So, children, do you speak this native language of Nahuatl?" 

"Um, I guess? Do you understand me? I am James, from America." 

"I do very well understand you. But may I ask what is an Amerfa." 

"Well, America, is a state founded by the Vikings in, um..." 

"Dang-it JoJo, Yes Lord Montella, I'm Leo-" 

"Montezuma The Second!" 

"Sorry, but yea what year is it." 

"What do you mean year child?" 

"Never mind, where is your nearest calendar." 

"Here it is James! If I pronounced it correct." 

"Oh my gosh! Guys, we are in the 16th century." 

"Excuse me James?" 

"Yea Lord Montezuma, we have to go. See you around." 

"Excuse me child, we have business to finish. And you have consequences to pay for disregarding our ceremony. Guards, in here now." 

"James, the button, click it now!" 

"ZAP!" 

 

Darkness, just pure darkness. But somehow we were stumbling through it all. One final click, well could this be it? I guess not because we're 

home sweet home. 

 

"Okay guys we finally made it back JoJo and Leo."  

"I know! That was close James see you guys later JoJo and James" 

"JoJo, you coming home with me--- right?" 

"Yea man, my parents would kill me if I was out this late. Thanks." 

 

"DAD?", I'm home. Leo yelled. No sign of them, but he found a sign. 

"Gone fishing? That's strange he never fishes." By then it was dark, but still no sign. The car was there but he wasn't. How strange. Leo thought this was a dream so he snuggled up in the bed. Sleeping soundly, today was a very long day. 

 

"Mom I'm home" 

"Back so fast? Where were you guys, James and JoJo?" 

"Mom it was three hard long hours." 

For some reason, she had that, "Not a valid explanation," face all moms have. "JoJo never lies mom, here it from him." 

"Yea James's mom, we were out searching through the woods, all day, quite some fun?" 

"You're asking me, are you telling the truth JoJo. I will send you home any second." 

"Mom, he's right. We were just in the woods and exploring." 

"Well you know the drill it's approximately 9:05 that's your bedtime." 

"Mom I am in the 'teens', since when did I have a bedtime?" I yawned out of no-where like it was part of a script but I swear I didn't mean it. 

"No use arguing, you're tired anyway. Make your way up the stairs." James tripped, he seemed to haave been losing consciousness. 

"Well to that I sa-". 

"No need" whispered a mysterious voice 

And with that, I fell out. 

 

My parents walked into my room an hour later, and with me and JoJo fake sleeping, they kept looking at my pants pocket on my drawer. I was tempted to make a distraction so they would leave, what if my mysterious piece was left in there? I turned over and looked at JoJo laughing from the other bed when my parents detected my movement. 

 

"Honey, what's this?" 

"Oh, mom that's nothing. Give it to me, I found that." 

"Ahem, JoJo!" 

"Oh yea, James mom, it is for school." 

"Ok, James don’t lose it." 

"Ok dad. Good night guys." 

 

The next day I woke up to an unusual silence. I peeped out the window and all the cars were here. JoJo had already left early that morning I guessed. Therefore I went to ask my mom and dad, but there, they were not. I couldn't find them. So I put on the pants I had on yesterday to search outside. I dug in my pockets and then it jumped out at me, the piece, it was gone. I grabbed my phone, called JoJo, Leo, and a couple other friends, "Let's get this party started! Time to save my parents! An adventure awaits!!!" 

May 01, 2020 16:25

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.