1 comment

Horror Mystery Thriller

Today is my fifteenth birthday in my dark and gloopy house while I should be excited am not much due to my sun allergy. I cant travel or leave my house much due to it but luckily I have my mom and we do many things every day. I stood up and went downstairs to see the birthday decoration around the house and it looked amazing. But suddenly my emotions got to me and I burst out crying thinking that I just want to go outside for my birthday and have the sunlight shine on me. While my mom is comforting saying that everything is okay. I toughen up and stop crying and head to my room to get ready. Since it’s my birthday I wanted to put on a fun custom so I went to the attic where my mom keeps them all. As soon as open you could hear a loud creak come from it when pulling down the ladder and then I started hearing footsteps rushing towards me. It's my mom screaming that I can't go up there because I could fall and get hurt. I found it weird that she was getting mad for trying to go to the attic but said okay can you get me my customs. While in my head I am now determined to check what it is that is in the attic. Time passes by while picking my costume, my mom says that she's going to get some extra stuff for the party later today. As soon as I hear the car drive out of the driveway I go running towards the attic opening it and start to look around. Many of the things look just like decorations for holidays but suddenly I saw a box hiding in the corner behind everything. It looks really old as if it hasn't been touched in years. I slowly open it as my hands get covered in dust I see that there is a picture on top of a darken skin tone baby with my mom at the hospital while am a really pale skin color. Below that I see a death certificate under my name but is dated 3 weeks after my birthday and as soon as I was about to look at what else I could find I hear the car drive up in my driveway. I quickly put everything back where it was and rushed down the attic closing it and to my room and continued to look at my costumes as if I didn't see anything. My mom comes to my room and says to just but on anything you want Since we won't be having guests over. So I just put on a costume and went downstairs and saw that she brought a large cake which I say I don't think we will finish that and she responded we can try with an excited face. We go throughout the day playing party games and simply having lots of fun. I start getting tired and see that it’s already one in the morning so decided to go to sleep. As soon as I was about to sleep I hear the loud creek of the attic open then I start to panic thinking what if she notices that I went up there and realized I might have left the box open. But then hear it close and I sigh in relief that she hopeful didn’t see anything and go to sleep. As soon as I wake up I go on my computer and start to research what happened on the day I was born and I can’t find anything that happened in my small town. Then hear my mom yell out that she will be leaving for a bit again so as soon as I hear the car driveaway I go running to the attic to see what else is in the box but it’s empty. In shock, I slowly close the box and begin to look around a bit more and can’t find anything so I close the attic and go to my room. I began to think about what could I do to know more about what was originally in the box and came up with researching the date around my small city. Until I found that a baby by my name passed away due to an unknown problem that the doctor was unsure of. As I continued looking through things that have happened in this city I see that a couple of days after my birthday there was a child that has gone missing with a suspect by the name of Susan with a picture that looked just like my mom. Then my mom walks into my room as I quickly turn off the computer and she says “sorry for scaring you  here I brought you some cake from yesterday” I reply with a “Thank you.” As she leaves I start to suspect if I am truly allergic to the sun or was it just something she told me to keep in the house. I quickly grab an epi-pen and open the dark heavy curtain on my window and slowly began to put my finger in the sun and take it out fast and nothing happened. Then I put my hand as the warmth of the sun shined on my arms nothing happened to me then I put my whole body and began to smile as tears came from my eyes. But then I closed my curtains went back to my computer and opened the tab I was reading and began to realize that my mom isn’t my mom and has been lying to me the whole time. So I closed and locked my door and dialed 911 some time passes when I hear sirens outside and shortly after a knock on my door. Then I hear this is the police so I open the door and they take me to the station where I began to tell them the whole story. They then got in contact with my real parents and I move to go live with them with the horror that the mom that raised me is still out there and hasn't been caught. A month passes by that I have been with my real family when I came across a news report on my phone about a  stolen baby in the town that I lived has occurred the same day the police came to the house.

May 08, 2021 03:49

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

Keisha Taylor
03:39 May 16, 2021

This was super rushed and full of mistakes. You may want to next time, run it through an editing program to fix such mistakes. They are mostly spelling and some grammar or sentence structure. It was a good story, despite all of that!

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.