1 comment

Contemporary Romance

Already been cafted as a poet ,since childhood.Some people are short stories writers ,where as my consideration about myself a “Short poetry writer”. My poetry never exceeded six lines .Reason depicted obvious”I wanna not to lose the taste,what I've tasted".

It’s been heavy rain showers evening,called for a Taxi cab from the Airport, saw the cab landed , jumped at the rear seat, Strange to see a woman cab driver.It was amazing,especially in my ,so called conservative society.

“Why did the company send you to me,it’s a late night”? Promptly asked .

“Sir,the lady driver replied very politely,”All the drivers parked their cabs,the manager asked me to company you”.

Her way of communication stood highly recommend and well breaded.

“Sir,most of the clients, like woman drivers,due to many reasons”she smiley said.

Tried to crossed her,instantly uttered"but why".

“Lady drivers are polite and friendly,and drives the car very cautious.”She replied friendly,though intelligent.

“Take me to the Mud area”I said.

“Sir ,I never been there,I don’t know the way”.She replied.

“You don’t know the Mud area,very strange ,than how shall we get there?".surprised her answer ,really.

“Sir,to be little frank,your lifestyle looks a bit posh,I won’t expect for this type of place”she remarked.

I smiled and said”Long ago that place called Mud area but now it’s enoughly change,it’s new name is “Gateway city “.

“Oh sir,than say like this” She became relaxed.

“How far is it from here? questioned her.

“It would take more than hour.”She said.

Actually,I’m in Bangkok,from the last ten years,coming to Pakistan,to meet my parents, family members and buddies”. Briefed her shortly.

“Sir,are you married”?she asked.

“NO,Never,I wanna enjoy the life like a” Bird”,I’m a poet,by nature though Engineer by career”.Replied freely.

“Sir,but whose there in mud?She asked more.

“My old child hood buddy,wants to give a surprise at night,I have a gift for him.”smiley said.

“Listen,than you would come back alone “.I asked humbly."Sir,I would stay with you for a night ".She naughtily remarked.

She laughed ."Sir I'm courageous girl.

This is our routine”she replied it not happily.

“I guess,you are single”.It stood a grilling question.

“Of course,I’m living a flreelance .Sir,I’m a rebellion,you know my father is a multimillionaire, old man wants to give my hand in his multimillionaire friend's son ,I hate that family.quit my father’s house ,living alone in an appartment,near Blue Area".

“Blue Area is an expensive area ….,than how do you manage all the expenses.?further tried to punched her and to know about her living.

“Frankly speaking,I’m like you ,not a poet,wanna spend the life a free lance.”Answered in a friendly style.

We both laughed.

“Oh my God,pain creeping again ,it’s impossible to carry on,I would drop you nearby side of the road…,I’m very sorry,sir".Now a converging pain seemed depicting. An attentiveness erupted in her voice.

“Please,don’t do this,at this hour,in heavy shower,how could I get a cab ?I impatiently tucked.

.”I would buy some medicine for you”.I further added.

“Do you know the name of the medicine ?“.I asked her humbly.

“No sir,today is my last day of period,it’s knocking down me badly.”she said frankly.

I only uttered a word “pe-riod.

Literally , not expecting this word from her fishly mouth .

She stopped the cab ,near a pharmacy,bought medicine and a water bottle.

It turned completely dark and wintery foggy night, unable to see in two feet.

Sat near to him,she took a medicine ,still it caused a severely pain.Her eyes were closed and I was rubbing his belly and Palm.

For a while,it seemed she went asleep.

My rubbing her running in continuance.

After ten minutes,she opened her eyes.glaring me like a doll.Saw her beautiful pretty face,in the car's inner circle light.Indeed, lost in her charming beauty ,mesmerizing.

Hands still busy rubbing,without conscience,where my hand touching,I didn’t bother.



“I’m sorry,took my hand back .

She too gave me a thirsty look.

“I’m also thirsty”she said.”you take little water “I naughtily remarked.

We both laughed and Now she wildly burst in kissing and I too realizing to reciprocate.

We both became harsh,and in no time we mat.

What a blunder we made?

We should have bridle our emotions.

Our horses ruined down the fields.

She screamed badly,depiction of no more virginity.

What blunder have we both done?we both are strangers for each other,we in a short span,came so much close.We even didn’t know each other’s name.She knew my name ,due to cab calling text,but I didn’t.

“Your name"looking up.She boldly replied with smile “Ruby".I know your name”Hashoo".

little nervous , Ruby was bold,she didn’t complained about my behavior.

Inspite she said”All is happened for a good”.She hugged me.

"This night taught me a lesson,the life I’m living is not the life.whole day with out any purpose roaming on the roads.At this hour woman folks are at home with their kids.I’m totally wrong”.She expressed griefly.

Stop the cab here “I said.

“I’m also feeling melancholy,This night is a great and gate way for our lives.We pained our parents.Do you see the board depicting”House no 44”'this is my house.Tomorrow I would visit with my parents to the family,where I would be married “.I explained briefly . she ,in return,looked quitely to me." It means you trusted me,by showing your house to me,so,why didn’t you marry me "?“.”This rainy night brought us near,but it doesn’t mean we get together for life.”Tried to approached her by the other side.””shall you meet me again”?Now she was very down and seemed like a child,questioning.”No,Never,I want to keep this evening fresh in my mind forever,I told you before I’m a poet .Want to keep the lust of this evening, fresh.” Now she knew my intentions clear and wide.

Knew she is all heavy for her.”Now go back to your parents,marry the man,they had chosen for you,respect their decision”.She interrupted me.”You know Hashoo,now I’m in love with you.For so many days,even years,I would never forget you.woman love once in life and you have taken my sanctity.”She said all this slowly and deeply.”Be brave,downing is drowning.Except this night as an accident,a beautiful accident.”I said it with a deep breath.


It is too late night.”Ok,I said her,with a heavy heart and kissed on her cosy cheeks.

She went away, looking after her till her disappearance.

My parents waiting for me,we had a long chat till late night.

Next day,we had to reach at My father’s friend house to meet them .

My mother,as usual ,very excited and she also took a ring for the girl with her.

House depict a grand place.Mr and Mrs Gulf were waiting for us and gave us a warm welcome.My mother ,natrully over joyed,now to see the girl,she asked Mrs Gulf,to call her daughter.

She came in the splendid drawing room.When I looked up to her.She was Ruby,last night girl.

Now we are living a happy life with three kids,and often recalled that “Rainy night”.

The End.

House no 44.  







November 22, 2021 12:44

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

Tariq Saeed
16:49 Nov 22, 2021

This happened to my friend.

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.