0 comments

Fiction Sad

January 1, 2045

Ok, so the world is going to end really soon and all that. Blah Blah Blah there's no stopping it, yay. You're probably wondering why the world is ending and just because I have nothing better to do I’ll tell you.

The pandemic just started and we are all forced to stay in our houses. Lucky us. I have only one room in my house, the government will come for me soon. Writing in this may be pointless but I might go mad without it. You may think that I should go stay with my family or close relatives, I don't have any. I should confess that I'm homeless too, and that the government has me in this room. They're here, and they sound angry. Will right later. Try not to die *wink*

January 7, 2045

They came in like a wrecking ball, no they literally brought a wrecking ball and stormed into our street. The owners of some houses tried to fight them off, but who are they kidding. I bravely stayed inside my room singing "What do you know? (The time of the year)" by Matha Hu while they started destroying things left and right and luckily they didn't touch my house. Now you probably are wondering who the world I am. My name is Josh, just Josh. The virus started last year but now it's taking effect. Ironic how they said that the Covid-19 was going to be the last pandemic. The cure for Covid was really simple, if only they had worked together sooner and we wouldn't even be in this mess.

24 years ago Joe Biden won the election and the Trump supporters got... angry you would say. For the past years they have been working on this new virus that is 10x stronger than Covid. The virus has killed 2 million people each day, so you can't even imagine how many bodies i've seen. The government says they have been working on a cure, but I don't believe them.

Sigh, here comes the rebels to come and take my rations, tomorrow their dead bodies won't be from the virus.

January 20, 2045

I haven't been writing because what's the point? I'm going to die anyway, there's no way a 20 year old guy like me will ever survive this. Especially if the guy's a mad man and brought another person in their house. It happened 2 days ago, the girl was being chased by a bunch of rebels holding rifles. Ironic how there were no police around since the rebels worked for them. I don't know what I was thinking but I raced over to help her. Big mistake. The second they saw me they split up and went after me and the girl. It was a good thing that I have done this before or I would've been toast. I pulled out my knives and sword. What? It's a new age and swords are now fashionable, and the only way to survive. I started jarring at them left and right, killing them at the tip of my blade when I heard the girls heart wrenching scream. I raced over to her and killed as many of the guys I could. Luckily her wound wasn't that bad so I would be able to treat it. If we got out of there alive. Then I got a rock thrown at me in the side of my head. I said a very heroic "Oww!" and got up to face him. I cursed the second I saw his face. He was the leader of the rebels. Tommy Will. You can recognize the guy anywhere from his broken nose to his buff muscles. I think the guy had some kind of disorder or something because all of his hair was a mixture of red, gray, white, and black. In other words, he looked like a deformed clown. I quickly helped the girl to her feet and raced to my house, luckily Tommy doesn't kill his prey automatically but if I ever saw him again...

As I was saying I took the girl into my house and treated her wounds. She was tough but occasionally let out a small yelp when I bandaged it.

"Thank you." She said. I just ignored her and went to the other side of the room to get her some water.

"Is this where you live?"

"No this is my summer home, I live in a big fancy mansion but I spend most of my time here" I said sarcastically. You probably might scold me that I should be nice to the girl but she should have been the one to stay out of trouble. Now when the government comes again we'll be in trouble.

February 3, 2045

Her name is Aniasta. At first I thought she was kidding, like what kind of parent names their kid "Aniasta"? She was around my age and frankly she wasnt that annoying the longer she stayed around. Her long black hair would always bounce around when she walked and her dark brown eyes shone like the moo- wait what am I saying. Ugh, i'm losing it. The point is that she was getting food for herself because like me all her family was dead. I wasn't surprised. I allowed her to stay here until we could find her another place and thankfully the cops didn't really care if she was there. She talked about her old life and how she lived with her 2 brothers and her sisters. Her parents lived in the house next to theirs. I felt a little jealous since I've been in bunkers almost all my life. I have been an orphan for as long as I can remember. The more she talked the more I realized how miserable I have been. I must've shown some expression because she quickly apologized.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't realize-"

"Yeah, its fine." I grumbled walking over to go make the food when she puts her hand on my arm. I was not a fan of physical contact so I jumped.

"Let me do it, it's the least I can do.” I realized that arguing with her wouldn't do anything but waste time so I sat down on the blanket while she cooked. She hummed some kind of song, I assumed her parents taught it to her. She cooked very decently and I started to feel very much at peace. And that’s when the rebels came back. The barged into my- very small (and I’m very surprised we could all fit)- room carrying a woman in a blind fold with a gun up to her neck. There were two things that really shocked me

1) The fact that Tommy himself came to deliver this person and he was smiling very smugly. And

2) I have a very distant memory of her but I couldn't place it just then. With a shock I realized who it was. My sister? And when Tommy saw the recognition on my face he took off the blindfold and allowed her to see my face then shot her one more time. Right there in cold blood. Her blood stained the whole floor and I almost fell onto my knees and started crying but then it happened. The thing that changed my life forever.

March 08, 2021 00:45

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.