0 comments

Fiction Suspense

Today me and my boy Malick are gonna rob New York's greatest bank, JPMorgan Chase. This might be one of our greatest achievements yet! I just can't wait for all the money, we could be rich! My name's Harry. We're the Sticky Bandits. Me and Malick are about to go buy some nice guns for our mission. And you're coming with!

Okay we arrived at RT Smoke n Gun Shop. I'm thinking we just grab a nice firearm and get out of there as fast as we can. So i go in while Malick is watching the car for me. The firearm was maybe around $1,250. I get it and head out and into our Mustang GT 500. We just bought it from the nearby car dealership yesterday for quite a lot of money. Malick is going to take us to the bank.

We arrived at JPMorgan. There's maybe 4 or 5 guards by the front entrance. Let's check to see what other ways to get in that aren't so surrounded. There's a side entrance for employees only. Maybe we can sneak past a guard and take their card to get in without them noticing. If they seem to notice, take them down and hide the body. I'm going to ask you to take one of the firearms and one of our bulletproof vests and put it on for protection. You can put the gun in your belt for now until we get inside. Once we get in I'll tell you what to do from there.

Alright we're going in. Try to stay hidden. "Hey there do you know where i can find the nearest taco place from here?" You see me take the card from his pant strap. "Oh yes. It's called Tacos Ten Emos. It's right across the street sir." We head over towards the door. Your my lookout. I swipe the card. It works! Okay we're in. Make sure to close the door behind you though so we don't look suspicious.

Okay here's the plan, Malick has downloaded the bank's system on his phone so, he is able to lock every door and take away all the cameras there are. Once i give him a signal he will do so. You then see me do a strange bat-like movement with my hands over towards Malick. Alright it's done. Now we will both take out our guns and shout "Its a robbery! Everybody down on the ground!" They will see our guns and know it's real so they will follow our orders. Now if the workers try and call the police point your gun at them and you can either shoot or force them down on the ground. Your choice. Once everything is settled, we will both go to every register and start taking cash. Here i have a bag for both of us, and black masks so no identity is seen. On the count of three we can go in.

"1, 2, and 3, Go!" Doors open. We take the guns out and shout at all of those innocent people. But it's worth it right? Yes i believe so. One of them try and call 911 but you shoot them. Everybody then terrified and screaming on the floor. I didn't think you had it in ya kid. Nice work. We both head towards the cashiers and start to take the money and put them in the bags we are holding. There are 18 cashiers to take from. This might take a while. No cops are here yet let's hope there won't be any for awhile. There's a guard that comes from one of the offices in there. They're armed. I shoot and make a head shot surprisingly well. I'll hide the body you keep working. I'm back and doing what i do best.

Thirty minutes pass by. No cops, No guards. All of the people are in the office that guard had come from. Money is all in the bags. Cashiers are emptied. Malick's sleeping in the car as usual. Now what we do is head out the door we came in. Stay armed and ready for the guards that will come after us. Then get in the car and Malick will drive us back to Florida. As long nobody follows we're good. Be careful kid. Let's go.

We go out and see guards all around us. We shoot and shoot. You get shot. That's not good. "Go to the car I've got it from here!" i shout. I then see you headed for the car. I'm still shooting and almost done with these lousy dummies. Two more and I'll follow you kid.

There. Done. On my way. Once i get in we go off. Yes! We did it! Now that was fun! We're all excited and shouting in excitement. Today was another success. And not the last. We have maybe 10 million in each bag! This is great! Malick gets some of course. But for now I'm just gonna lay here and relax until we're home. Would've gotten a snack but already on the interstate in this awesome car. Thanks for helping kid, glad you were there.

Oh damn, we might run out of gas let's go to a gas station. Oh shit there's cops. At a gas station really? How will we get by. What if they're looking for us. They're armed too. This is dangerous but we need to get home. Malick gets out of the car to put gas in. We wait.

One of the cops walks towards us. "How's it goin boys? How's the weather treating ya?" the cop curiously asks. "It's going good sir, thank you for asking." i say with a high pitched voice crack.

"You know that car of yours looks very familiar." he says. "We get that a lot sir." i say. The cop just stares at me for a minute like he knows about us and the robbery. But then he walks away and i know we're safe. The gas tank is filled and we're on our way. Now until next time...

-The End

November 16, 2020 18:03

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.