Star crossed lovers

Submitted into Contest #144 in response to: Write a story about a wedding photographer.... view prompt

7 comments

Inspirational

Today I am opening my store for the first time.I have saved for many years to have engh many to open up my great looking store that I have dreamed about for many years. I store is stocked with large photo frames,and my books are filled with up coming weddings that I will be attending as the photographer, where it is my job to catcher the love that is shared between the lucky couples.I have two staff members that are working today and during the week, a girl named Anne and a young man named bill. I open up my book of oppointments and notice that I have one on the other side of town in an hour. So after asking weather my staff could man the store while I was away. I began to organis myself for the day then head to my red business car. I drove a made person trying to get though the traffic in time to get to the church,which took me fourty minutes. I grab my camara and it's bag and race to meet the grem and take his photo and then line up to take the brides photo.Every one waits eagerly for the bride to arrive in white limo with her bridesmaids. The bride arrived fashionably late and glowing,she looked like she was on one of those bride magazines,which made it easy to shot some really great photos.As the wedding went ahead,I noticed everyone was smiling and had tears of joy rolling down their face. My camara was new enough to be able to see my photos and I was happy as a had some amuzing photos on my many rolls of film. Lunckly I had another five films left. One for the respeption, two for photos at the waterfall close by the church. The next day I developed the films in my workshop out the back of my new store. Before long I ended up with a enough to fill a book. So I rang the happy couple and told them the great news and asked them if they would like a complimentary scrapbook made up and how many frames.At the end of the conversation I told her she could pick it all up in two days or after the honey moon. She was delighted and ask how much for the frames,I said five for the small ones and ten for the bigger ones. I noticed another call coming though on my cell phone and quickly said goodbye to the first couple which was Mr and Mrs Smith and answered the phone to what would be Mr and Mrs Brown,their wedding was booked for tomorrow. I got on with getting organized for Mr and Mrs Browns Wedding, I had much to organize.Luckly my staff had managed to help me finish Mr and Mrs smith's scrapbook and it looked amuzing.I decided to do a complimentary scrupbook to ever couple after their wedding.So I hopefully could gain more customers for my store though word of mouth. The numbers of couples wanting their wedding to be shot by us where steeply increasing each day.So it was looking like I would have to find two more photographers so we could keep up with demend. So in-between weedings I way interviewing badding photographers and I was happy to see their was some really good ones in the mix And a couple that specialized in black and white photos, which I thought would add another aliment to our business as will as that some of the photographers showed great skill in children's photography.so I hired three new photographers,two for weddings and one for children's photographer. I looked at my book of appments for the week ahead and noticed I had two a day and all my photographers had two a day all week.I printed out the roasters ahead of time for the week so no one would be asking what next and I made Shure we had plenty of stock for the up coming weeks. I turned up the next day to get ready for the wedding I would be shooting that day which was a Monday and I had 3 one more up from last Monday.I had one themed wedding and two normal church weddings. The themed one was a fairtail one called Cinderella. At the end of the day I went back to my store and pulled out my rolls of film and left them to devolp in the dark room.The next day I come into store at 6am to work on my scarp books before I had to leave for my weddings. I started on the Cinderella one first using glitter and fake jelws to frame the photos in the scrupbook.By the time I had done all three books,I was left with an hour to get to the next wedding on my dairy.in no time my shop was ranning like a great will oiled machine and everyone know their place and what was expected and was keeping up with their work load.we had only been open a month but we had become the talk of the town and where highly recommend by many of our past couples and where making waves in the children's photography.with many new parents bring their little ones in to the store.we had special props made up for the children's photographers to use.We even decided to do calinders that could be made up and sold along with the frames and scrupbook.we also decided to make a Christmas calinder that could be sent out at Christmas.The phone rang noisly just after our staff meeting which went well. We had one every Monday after the shop closed and every time we had one it was all good news.I was very pleased at how my shop was getting on and very hopeful for the future of my store and business.The year went one and I had done staff shouts during the year one every Friday and it had come to the time where we do the Xmas shout.which was a BBQ and drinks.

April 30, 2022 04:11

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

7 comments

Jeannette Miller
17:02 May 14, 2022

It's an accomplishment in and of itself to get words on paper (or the computer) and submit it for people to read, so I commend you on that. You already have notes about editing, spelling, and breaking it into paragraphs to help with the structure and pacing. I think, overall, the story has a solid premise. I would suggest using this a rough draft, then go back and pick one wedding client to focus and expand on if you want. You can use the tips and suggestions moving forward with future stories. Please continue to keep writing. It only gets ...

Reply

Show 0 replies
Andrea Hopkinson
23:21 May 12, 2022

Just wrote another story,My brother bis going to help me check though the copy on paper.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Andrea Hopkinson
21:49 May 12, 2022

Thanks for the tips

Reply

Show 0 replies
Cindy Strube
07:11 May 12, 2022

It’s a very positive story with lots of good things happening. You’ve already noted that you’ll be more careful with editing; I’ll suggest breaking your stories into paragraphs. It makes reading easier. Keep writing, and keep reading!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Andrea Hopkinson
09:20 May 11, 2022

Sorry I just noticed heaps of spelling errors.Will edit my work more from now on.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Andrea Hopkinson
21:47 May 07, 2022

Thank you very much for the likes and comment.I am happy to see people enjoying my story.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Stevie B
12:54 May 07, 2022

Andrea, very interesting and uplifting tale. Great job!

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.