0 comments

Fiction Friendship Christian

She wondered why she received an unexpected message saying

"Speak Out". What does he mean? Christy on this occasion gathered her emotions why she received this message from Anthony, whom she met online belonging to a religious group different from her. "Come on" , Anthony said to her., "Sign in with my group." Christy refused. I don't know their religious practices besides I';ve been raised by my parents where their words are rules to follow not to talk back but follow what they say. For example her Mom Eloisa who is a teacher imposed discipline to their family of five two brothers and three sisters. Like all teachers she taught her children to have their routinary chores to do at home. Christy chose to raise chicken as her daily chores one may say is an extraordianary chore. Where did she get that idea? At the corner market a stone's throw away a vendor sells chicks that are feweeks old and this has become a hobby for Christy to raise her chicks and cooked them when they mature. What has this to do with Christy in her practice as a Christian? It is a good hobby leadingh to a good upbringing Far from her imagination it has given her the opportunity to inspire her neighbor to raise chicken also. What has it to do in her growing up? Her parents were too busy with their work and with her hobby it made her really busy. She has grown up in a neighborhood where children with her same age have their home chores to do but at times they are playmates aside from that they had church activities to accomplish, Her parents change their religious practices where stricter rules change everything from day of worship to food restrictions had been set by his father. At church at her tender age she is not free to tell anything against the way of how to worship God. Christy has to follow and not to question what they are doing at all. But her father has develop something that is against the proper way of handling his family affairs to be with his friends but her Mom is doing all in order to keep everything at home in order. With that Christy realize the time has come to prepare her own future by enrolling herself at school where she met Anthony. She doesn't talk too much or mention anything about his father. Besides her Mom is also a silent speaker not to raise an issue of what his father is doing. Then one day she learned her mother has to leave their country. No one in their family has given the choice to say something or against their parents plan. As soon as her mother was gone Christy and her siblings are now in trouble on how the family affairs is handled by his father. His brothers and sisters go their own way and soon all of them no longer go to church with their father. The more they seem to be strangers to one another because of the absence of their mother and father at home. There was trouble going on and there was only one who shouldered what was their day to day needs in terms of food and daily allowances. It was their cousin who grew up with them helping Eloisa , It was a very tough situation for the whole family until one day they learned their mother has come back., Christy felt that their family is no longer the same following what their mother say, Christy in her mind has no more direction too. What happens now with the family when their father has not change his ways but became worst. Their mother went back to the school where she taught and she was accepted to be a teacher again. There is not much to talk about even when Eloisa is back to her children. They can;t talk openly what they wanted to do Eloisa was glad Christy has enrolled in policing . While she was pursuing her career she went back to church feeling that it will help her to live the Christian way of life. Christy didn=t tell her Mom about Anthony being afraid she might be against him. And here is the message of Anthony asking her to follow his religious group. She didn;t mind at all because of her past experience with his father. She has to keep her beliefs and not bothered what Anthony wanted her to do. Religious differences affects the management of individual lives and misdirection by the church leader leads to confusion and that is what Christy doesn't like to happen. With Anthony's message she speak out what is in her mind that she can't join him for some reason. Their church were too strict before where Anthony is attending right now and Christy is ready to give up their friendship. "No way" Anthony remark. " You would stay in your own and I stay in mine". She doubts what she heard., She closed their conversation with a mere goodbye and she knows her decision is final. How can she get back to a church group wherein they separate themselves to be the only group to be save and to lead an everlasting life with God. How can they be sure about it? In Christy's mind following God's Commandments and live by them is more important than religious festivals and church doctrines which is impractical like Sabbath keeping which is done away in the New Testament. For Christy anyone she meets in person is a member of God's family not separating people to be special to be in the kingdom of God. God's words has to be applied in one's life not to follow rules that are outdated. Who God is, is more important to emulate to lead a good Christian life having God's character to live by. She wanted to tell Anthony about his father who was not able to do his responsibility even they were in his church. What the church did is to ask people to give ten percent of their income even to the detriment of their members finances.

March 20, 2023 02:50

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | Illustration — We made a writing app for you | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.