0 comments

General

THE STUDENT



The day begins for her with a wake up call from her mother at sharp 3:00 AM. She drags herself from her bed to get ready for the start of day. Her eyes keeps on shutting every few seconds away while she brushes her teeth in front of the mirror. She tries to catch a few seconds of sleep in her bathroom but eventually she knows she needs to be showered and ready by ten minutes. When she comes to her room showered and fresh looking with no essence of sleep anymore, there she finds her ironed school uniform ready on her bed. She picks it up and she can still feel them warm probably her father ironed now; usually he does that the previous night itself. She dresses up and goes out. There her father is as usual ready to take her and her mother waiting with a cup of tea. She gulps down as fast as she could as her father is pulling the motorbike from the garage. She walks out with the biology notebook in her hand and gets on the bike. Her mom is waiting by the door to wave bye to her. She says goodbye to her mom as her dad takes off to the first private tuition center for the day.

Biology is an interesting subject but to study it this early in the morning is frustrating. She has no options because this was the only batch that could fit her tight schedule for the day. This class is painfully very slow. Her friend sits beside her scores the top marks and its annoying because she has to keep up with her. As the teacher goes on with the class her mind wanders away to different types of pastries she could make this Sunday. She always had a thing for sweet dishes. Even though her mind has wandered off to her sweets she brings her attention back to biology. It’s difficult to be attentive in class when all she wanted was a nice comfy bed to sleep. She knows that the teacher always keeps an eye on her, so she tries her level best to keep her mind from wandering off anymore.

Its 5:00 AM now the biology tuition is over, she rushes to her dad who is already there waiting for her to take her to the next class. The next one is Physics this subject has slowly grown on her now. She considers this as one of her strongest subject. This class consists of only few students and she is sir’s favorite student. She hardly felt sleepy in class. Time in this class always goes fast. Before she knew it the class is over and its 6:00 AM. Again she rushes to her dad and they go home.

Her mom has laid down her breakfast on the table. As she ate she watches her mom and dad rushing to get ready for getting to their jobs. Everything is a rush in her house. After eating, its 7:00 now she grabs her school bag and walks to her school. It’s just a five minutes’ walk to her school. Her usual gang of friends stand before the stationary shop in front of her school waiting for her. She joins them and when it’s time to go in she moves into the school.

School is fine and it’s boring for her. Teachers don’t take it on them to teach well because they know everyone in class go for private tuition. She has the usual gang of her friends surrounding but she won’t say they are her best friends. They are fun, they laugh together but no one really have any bond between them. Everything is artificial and competition, just few smiles and some jokes here and there nothing else. Her favorite class of the day was English. English Madam always calls her for any help and every other extra activity. Thus school eventually ends at 1:30 PM.

Returning from school is running down the road. Because the faster she gets home she will get some extra time to rest before moving to the third tuition class of the day. She runs home to find her dad waiting for her to take to the class. Its 2:30 PM now sitting in her entrance class. This is the worst class of the day. She could hardly stay awake in this class. Her friend a boy from different school who sits beside her and he is over enthusiast in this class. She couldn’t believe how much energy this guy has. After a painfully slow hour the class is over. She comes back home in a bus.

Still her day was not over yet. Her mom is back from her school. She is a teacher in government school. Her mom has prepared a very yummy meal for her because she could smell it all the way from the living room. She rushes to her bathroom and showers as fast she could. Her stomach is burning with hunger by the time she comes out and waits for her mother to serve her food. She couldn’t believe she can eat this fast as the food is gone within minutes. She smiles at her mom who is looking at her waiting for the comment on the dish. She compliments her mom for the tasty dish.

By 3:30 PM her father comes again from the office to take her away for her chemistry tuition. They travel for 15 minutes and drop her off. She likes this tuition even though the madam is very strict and loud. This class is not fun it’s very serious. Madam is very hard to impress but within few months she was already settled herself in her good books. This means now madam gives her more attention hence she remains attentive in the class.

By five it’s time to move again to the next class. This journey is long it takes half hour to reach and its math class. This sir was her friend’s father. He is a very slow teacher. But this class isn’t boring because there’s a boy who constantly tries to compete with her for every question. During the starting few days she was very irritated with the boy. By now she has also got into the competition spirit and thus the class goes on. By 7:00 PM the class gets over and also all the classes for the day is over.

She comes back home tired and worn out. Her mom is again waiting for her with a cup of tea. She encourages her that she will cook her favorite meal and tells her to study till dinner. By the time dinner is ready she is immersed in her homework’s and studies. As per promise her mother has cooked her favorite meal and she toss them down in her hungry stomach. After dinner while her mom cleans up the kitchen and her dad watches news she studies for one long hour. Then her mom comes to inform her it’s time to sleep. She walks into her room, the walls of which are filled with her paintings. Her paintings change with her growing emotions and the recent one’s have turned into a very sad and depressed. Her mom has asked her to take the sad ones down, telling her that this was just spreading negative energy. But she couldn’t find it in her heart to take them down. They are still on the wall and as she lay on the bed staring at them she thinks is this all really worth it. From deep inside she knows how much ever she hates having these excruciating days, this was all for her parents and for her parents everything was worth it.

END


August 24, 2019 00:27

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.