0 comments

Fantasy Western Science Fiction

"Where am I?" I asked this myself after opening my eyes to find myself in a strange and mysterious hallway. 


A strange and mysterious one where everything was all white but the doors which were all black. When I first woke up, I thought I was hallucinating or dreaming, but after pinching myself at least a few times I found out that I wasn't. 


I had somehow ended up in the middle of a hallway where there were no ends from what my eyes could see. Without my firefly of guidance to literally guide them with her purple grow, I walked aways down to my right to see how far the hallway was. After a good five minutes, I became rather anxious as anyone would have with this current situation I was in.


I started to ask myself questions: 'Was there no end to this hallway? What was behind these doors? Would those doors get me out of here?'


No time like the present, I guess. After pondering, I decided to check up on one of the doors. I gave a quick knock like a good Samaritan but there was no answer. The next thing I did was turn the handle and speak out: "Hello!" Still no answer but I proceeded through the entryway.


Somehow I have ended up in some kind of closet. A closet full of medieval clothing fitted for a Queen. I started to hear a conversation outside of the closet towards another door in the closet. Stealthy, I came to the door which was miraculously opened but only by slightly as I could see four people standing near a fire-less chimney. 


Well, technically three who were all flesh and bones while the fourth one was literally on fire! One who was on fire was drinking some tea while the other three stood their ground as if he was really dangerous. One of them being a guard and the other two being ladies. I assumed one of those beautiful ladies was the Queen herself, especially how their conversation went.  


'Should I intervene?' I asked me this question to myself mentally.


Probably shouldn't, but this is all intrigued me to see what happens next. It turns out that the fire figure was a Dark Wizard or some sort. Apparently him and the Queen know each other considering the fire figure kept bringing up the past. Eventually the fire figure left while the flames of the chimney turned back to life. As the other three people took in what just happened, I decided to take my leave too.


I went out of the hallway and tried the door across the hallway. I somehow then ended up in some kind of ghost town. No one was there and I walked amongst the street until I came up to a salon. 


There I happened to find this lone strange horse with dragon scales standing outside as noise and communion was coming from the salon. I next took a peek into one of the windows and found a brawl happening between three races you can only find in fantasy books. There were a ton of dwarfs, elves and orcs getting into it judging from the looks of it. 


'Most definitely do not want to intervene on this,' I said this to myself as I slowly backed away from the window and the premise, along with the strange horse-dragon creature. 


Once I was on the dirt road, I hightailed out of there and went back to the door I came from which thankfully got me back to the hallway.


"Three times the chime, I guess," I said this to myself as I proceeded into the third door. I guessed wrong because when I had entered it, I was in the middle of a battlefield. 


There were crab-like alien species invading some kind of planet from the looks of it. I quickly turned to the door but before I could reach to the knob, the door got vaporized. 


Now I was stuck and with no where to go. I ducked into the rumbles hiding from the crab-like invaders. There was chaos everywhere and I was about to have a panic attack until I saw a small group of defenders coming in to save the day.


There was this human girl who was no older than 12 years old. She acquired a laser gun of some kind along with a crystal necklace. Accompanied her was a cyborg monkey with limps of different other creatures carrying a machine gun, an irregular bald teenage boy with three eyes and antennas holding a sick saber, and a gnome who was teleporting everywhere with his gun. These four people were a strange yet remarkable crew!


The four defenders were doing their best to keep the invaders at bay while they continued to shoot the attackers. As this was all going on, I kept trying door after door to see if I could get back to the hallway. However each door led me to nothingness and disappointment. I was in a pickle and didn't know how to get myself out of this one.


As I was admitting defeat, a crab-like invader saw me and pointed it's gun at me. I quickly raise my hands, pleading for my life to spare. It spoke some kind of language; one I nor us Earthlings could understand. Just as I closed my eyes, I could hear some sort of blast coming from the sidelines. I opened my eyes and found out that the crabby invader was hit by the blast as it had left it's mark on the wall of the building which was next to us. The one who hit the invader was none other than the 12 year old girl who I saw from earlier. 


My little savior looked at me with a concerned look as she then asked me: "You okay?"


I responded with such gratitude: "Yes, I'm most certainly am. All thanks to you consider!"


"It was no problem. Just happy to help. Say, are you human as well?"


"Why yes, I am. I'm just lost is all. I came at the wrong place at the wrong time."


"Stay here, and don't go anywhere!" commanded the little girl. "My crew and I will be right with you shortly."


Before I could say anything, she had already gone back to battle with her comrades. I stay put as commanded while the four of them continue their defensive pursuit. As I waited there while admiring this incredible group of unique individuals, I saw something happen below my feet.


It was a multicolored circle surrounding me and before I could even react to it in time, I was dropped right through it.  


My heart was then racing as I was thinking a million things at once!


Was this the end for me? Had I met my end after seeing these far-out places all from one endless hallway? Where was my firefly when I needed her the most? Is there a hero called "The Otter Guy" somewhere in that hallway? Was there going to be more to my life than this?


The thoughts were then interpreted as I landed my tush unto the floor of, you guessed it, the hallway...


Not even the forest when I met my firefly of guidance...


I was now back to the hallway of where I first came. I was a little revived considering I was no longer on a battlefield nor falling to the unknown. But I was also disappointed, since I was no longer there with the defenders of the galaxy. All whom I was taking a liking to. 


Back to square one, I guess. 


Might as well, check the next door and see where that one leads. Hopefully this one doesn't vaporize like the last one. I learned my mistake.

February 24, 2024 21:43

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.