0 comments

American Bedtime Creative Nonfiction

There's a cold summer in January with me eating cold pottatoes from the fridge as a coping mechanism. "Hey Rick cook me some water." I don''t need to present anyone or the background, it's quite confusing. "Let's get the hell out of here, I need some snow." I'm Bill, I'm normal, nuthing good. "Hey take a look outside, it's a dry sunset in the morning. Like to take a run?" Rick my man get on this garage to pull out his pickup box mail. mean a car, but means the same.

"wEAR your pants, pansy." I wearing the most comfortable weird looking traning pants, ready to give some "present" to some people outside. Viusalizing place, time, and human being worse eye contact.

Rick take a drive license, REO Speedwagon or pussywagon he set on the car, get ready to heat up.

"I miss the arcade." I'm easy to get bored and need some new colors and ding-ding sound of it. "Same thing we do n this can. "How's the material down there?" "Methanine, xanax, weed, methaphanine, and some girls leather underwear." "You mean spandex?" "Hell yeah." For people like me and Rick, this van is like a moving house that we always take care of, sleep on the back without air conditioner, kidnapping a girl, force her to wear leather catsuit to pleases us. It's written on the side of our van, "Pleasure Paradise". But we never drink a gatorade, we try to stay sober by just eating potato chips. My favorite one is the dry seasoning seawood, and Rick like the hot chilli paper. Our target now is South Midwest High School. Hell of nightmare. We try to immitate ourselves as a 17 year old student just kicked out from nowhere country. "Take it easy Rick. It's not a science club." I just rolling up-down my head, pretending to be badass as hell, try to younger myself by just shaving my beard and sideburns. "How do I look?" I show myself to him like I was going into a date." "Younger." "Thanks." Back in the 80s we just a couple weird classmates having a bad grades and reputation. Some girs asked us to hangout, but we liked to masturbate in our van one by one still we are a little normal. "How's the fantasy going on, mate?" Tried to be formal but what happen in the 2000s kids here. I read some newspapers about how kids became weird, I mean two of us already weird back then. What the hell is actually happen in this fucking universe.

"Ready to go?" "As hell as I ever be." 6am and we just drive out of contract to break rule and analyze what the hell is going on over there. Teachers there would not recognize us. Least or less we are just a wimp try to be ourselves and people around being dumb as hell.

"Rick, a coke please." Bill put some heorine in it. We have some negotiation with cops after being arrested some years ago. The tobacco farming quest we used to sleep around and jerking off, a sleepy peaceful cow as our blanket or pillow.

"Chill out man, what are you worried of?" My hand used have kind of tremor. My mind and my body movement seem doesn't have correlation and I need to pee. "I want to pee." Rick knowing this stuff about me, so no need to worry about his reaction anymore. He onced my senior in elementary, but meet at college at the same year. Quiet, illiterate, but quite wise.

So there is a story about me and the closet. "Let's clear the things up here, alright? "I don't know what are you talking about, dude." Bill always confused about how I act, but more enjoyable as years goes by. "You look bigger and older than me, what if you become my dad and I'm the new student that have a bad habit so you kicked me in here." "That's cool." We already being con-man for five years, making some interactions, acting like we were in a movie and the people as a stage. We don't need script, we flip it.

We walk down the stairs to find out the excact way, We remember all things happen here, and memorable in a quite way. "Well this is your idea of fun, fine. But let them cooked." "Shut up and follow me."

We finally see the wooden chuck doo like it was a giant castle door making a monster noise inside. There is a chair, red classy majestic neat floor. Anyone who sit on there will not wake up for five centuries ahead.

"Let's cool the situation, ok." Me being the youngest but lead everything up seemed tough but feeling good afterall.

Opens the door like it's my own house since I don't have any respect towards it. "The hell you doing?" "You told me to cool." "Mr. Keene, I'd like to introduce you to somebody." Billy looks confused since he's the one who should talk. "Remember the game. I act like a bad kid and you show him some respect. Apologizing about my behavior, so it looks like I'm in trouble." He barely just do what I says. I know the principal very well, but he didn't. "I understand, I feel so sorry to you, Mr. Bobby, just left your son here and we give him some requirements to be required." "My condolences, thank you." I almost give him a code. It would be a little suspicious for him. I put my knife on the same bag I always carry on. More like I would give some stick to it, nothing will change unless someone try to stab in the back. "Nothing matter, mr Bobby?" "I do what you said, captain." "No twisted feeling ok, it will be explosive as it should have." "You got me, man."

The following morning we do the same routine. The only thing makes a difference, a pube shaving. Cutting the hair to make us younger. Don't forget to put some mask on my puffy face. Some quite perfume we got from unnamed woman we just buried in the warehouse. Billy dig for like five kilometers. I suggest him to use some chemical ingredients, he refused.

We get on the ride, see a sun birth from the west, the thing we hope happen. "You ready for this, Rick?" "I never unwilling to do whatever it takes, not even bury our neighbor."

"Don't forget to bring some cash, use the lesson I just gave you."

We seperated from each class. I told him to not see the letter of the class, don't follow the rules, but act innocent.

We're pretty hungry, so we die.

January 17, 2024 07:50

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.