11 comments

Mystery

I can’t breathe, there is so many people around me, looking at me, whispering, I can’t breathe. Help me. Is there someone who can help me? I don’t know because there is no one in my side.

“How could you do this to me? What have you done? How can you spread such thing? “

Well, I think, to ruined your life. Everyone will gossip on you. That is to make your life miserable. 

Cut, that was a good job. 

Hi, my name is Kaylie Rodriguez, an actress. My life flow through acting. I love to be part of the industry, but this job can suffer you, everyone has an eye on you, and only one mistake, it can ruin your career and ruined your life. Part of being an actress is to influenced and to encouraged other people to show how good and how talented they are. An actress, is also an entertainment to others, they cast and they act. I can say, an actress is a good job, you can help and you can earn, but before you enter in this world, make sure you are tough, strong and not a weak hearted because you can encounter on what happened to me. I’ll show you my story. 

Number 1007, please enter the room for your audition. 

Okay. 

I entered the room and I’m feeling that I have a butterfly on my stomach, but I take a bit inhale and exhale all the negative energy on my body.

What’s your name? 

My name is Kaylie Rodriguez but you can call me, Kay for short.

So, what are you going to show us. 

I’m going to act.

Okay, starts when you are ready.

Okay, thank you. “hmm, What, what happened to him? where is he, mom. What, he got an accident, why, because I called him that I’m going to surgery, it’s my fault, it’s all my fault. (crying)

You had such a good talent. 

Thank you. 

What do you want to be?

I want to be an actress because it’s my dream.

Okay, I’ll vote. You’ll pass. 

Thank you.

My career starts that day, I’ll get different projects, my career got high, rising like a high mountain, I feel that I am in the core of a volcano, I am that high but there is a chance to trip, slip and fall and back from the start, and that happened to me unexpectedly, there is a reporter who used to be friend of the director on my company, he courted me, but I rejected because of how he acts, he’s a maniac and he always followed me, he’s being a stalker because even a night, he’s waiting in front of my house. I got scared and he got a chance to talk to me. 

What do you want me to do, for you to accept my feelings?

There’s no need t change yourself because I don’t like you.

You know that I can ruin your career, do you not know why you are in that position right now, why do you received so many advertisements, it’s because I did that. I’m the reason why you are in that position, and when I do that, I can bring you back, down. 

Do what you want? I’ll do mine.

Do you think you can handle it? 

I can, I must, and maybe you forgot, I’ll do anything to survive, so leave and goodbye. 

He leaves quietly and I go inside. I am so nervous, I’m catching my breath. A morning came and I didn’t sleep well, I go to my work because I have a project on that time, a new movie where I am the main actress. I go to the shoot but the shoot was postponed, it was because of scandal, and the director said that I should rest first and the shoot was canceled. My manager was running at me, she shows me something on her phone that a reporter reports about an actress which is a marijuana user, and it was me, I did anything to clear my name, I did a drug test, but it was positive, it was manipulated. I look for him, the one who responsible, but there is also looking for me, a police officer to arrest me, to rehabbed the one who’s a victim of a wrong accusation.  

I suffer on the thing that I didn’t do. Even a police officer, they are talking in my back, they spreading news, they are saying that I get the fame because I have a connection on the government and that was already posted in the internet. There are so many harsh comments, and I always feel that I’m alone, if I saw a group which in encircle, I can hear they are gossiping about me, talking about me, they all think that they know me, but they don’t. All I wanted is to clear my name, and my prayer has come, someone prove my innocence but I don’t know him, I didn’t meet him, I don’t have an idea about him but I am very thankful, but as what I expected, my career was gone, I was known a marijuana user and no one ever give me a project. I hope that a sun will rise again to me, and I hope that I can climb again the mountain so I started from scratch, I audition again and some of them are talking about my past, I can’t stand but I promise to myself that I should stand on my feet. I received a message, an apology from a person, saying:

Hi, I want to apologize from the thing I did, I damage your career, I am very sorry. I was eaten by my conscience, I know what I did to you was really wrong. It’s me, John, a reporter who use his mic to damage you, to ruin you and use his connection to detained you. I know I was very wrong so before I leave, I want to give an apology present. In a few second, someone will text you and you have a new project. I am sorry for being selfish. I am very sorry. 

I got a message to an agency, they are getting me to cast on the new movie, Cornered, about a girl who accused on something that he didn’t do, and people are talking at her back, it was perfect for her career, and that was the start, for her new career, because everything is not the end, it’s just the beginning, a god will never give you a problem that you cannot handle, he’s just trying to show how life was moving so you need to be strong, and don’t listen on what other saying and just be you, because being you makes you stronger. 

April 15, 2020 02:13

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

11 comments

L. M.
04:13 Apr 25, 2020

Good ending.

Reply

Norlie Rabino
01:44 Apr 27, 2020

Thank u😊

Reply

L. M.
03:39 Apr 27, 2020

You're welcome.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
20:39 Apr 18, 2020

So suspenseful!

Reply

Norlie Rabino
20:41 Apr 18, 2020

Haha. THANK YOU.😊

Reply

20:44 Apr 18, 2020

Absolutely!! Can't wait to see more! :D

Reply

Norlie Rabino
20:45 Apr 18, 2020

That serve me as a motivation. Thanks for motivating me. Visit on my profile. You can see more😊

Reply

20:47 Apr 18, 2020

I shall! Feel free to check out my first try as well! I am new to the site and excited to share with everyone, lol

Reply

Norlie Rabino
20:50 Apr 18, 2020

Haha. I join on april 2020 also.

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.