4 comments

Drama

“ It doesn’t really count if you’re planning your defeat “ , “ I am not , I am planning to my success that will lead to yours.”

“ I know that you want to lose this case Martin but think about your wife , think about your lonely mother ,think about yourself , you are going to destroy yourself because of something you didn’t really involved into intentionally . I am here because I do my job and my job is to get you out of here , so please help me in this because you are making things difficult” . 

Chris was shouting in his face , I thought he would hit him in his face after that ( Sarah replied with a pale smile ) , but he didn’t .

Martin is my husband , it was 10 years ago , I remember every moment , every single word and every face expression of each one of us . It’s me Sarah Belfort and this is our story recorded for a purpose that you will know in the end of the tape . 

“ Sarah , he is destroying everything , I am doing my best to get him out, but turns all of my efforts into nothing . Please talk with him without me next time you come and try to convince him , it’s not his fault , what happened was an accident it was her destiny and your destiny too , you must try to accept this, blaming yourself too much is not the option , it will kill you , make you feel like you’re ghosts , useless , but you’re not , you and Martin were very great parents and still , you can be the best again when you decide to accept the facts “ 

- Ok Chris I promise you I will do my best ....

He left me this night with an anxious face, hoping that I can find a solution .

Maggie was our life , our happiness , Everything we do in this life has been for her, she was our little angel that we had in the house . I can’t realise that I am using past verbs when I am talking about her now .......... ( Crying sounds in the background were heard to anyone who listens )

It’s Monday 11 am , Phil was having his breakfast in a cafe near his company , it’s sunny day , he doesn’t care if it’s rainy he will never feel it , He is not interested in the weather anyway, and he is not even concerned with those around him . He is just eating to be able to live . Phil did a terrible mistake in his opinion , being unable to handle the last deal for the company , they lost around 200,000 $ and now he is unable to find a solution to win the current deal, which may also mean losing his job , Although he is not the main culprit in these losses, but he bears these mistakes . It’s 11:30 he should go back to work .half an hour with only bad thoughts in his mind. 

It was cloudy , rainy day 7:53 pm Martin was driving her back home after a long day of doing preparations for her school show , she was 10 by the way . It was hard to see the road clearly ,all they saw was rains , she was happy although she was tired after a hard day but she loved what she was doing , he was happy for her also . I called him that night , Maggie answered me , mom we are coming but it’s the rains that makes us late , she was waiting for my cake that I made for her , she promised me to come back as soon as possible , ........ It was the last thing she wanted , it was the last time I hear her voice.

At that night 8:23 pm , Martin phoned me , I got the worst phone call ever , “come to the hospital near the house now , ......... When I arrived everything was done it was clear , I really can’t remember anything that night about this but what I knew Is that Martin also crashed with a car and the driver was in critical situation. It was just like I am losing everything my daughter and my husband ........

Sarah Belfort is a famous writer in her city , she also makes lectures and events , she has a very large fan base they all love her , Martin is a lawyer he works for a big legal office in the west of the city . They met at an event that Sarah was doing , they talked that night about the context of the event , she liked him and also he felt something , lecture after lecture and some talks they fall in love , they didn’t wait too much before getting married . They lived in a stable and calm life until the presence of Maggie , she changed their life , She was always active, running and playing anywhere and everywhere. Martin and Sarah thought that this energy should be used in something , they enrolled her in the theatre team in her school as they make some plays and some activities , and she was one of the best actors there and the most energetic one . 

When she turned 10 , she was given a chance to play an important role in a play for the school and it was the one she waited , I was so happy for her , I helped her in the preparations for this play , We were playing the roles together and trying to make her memorize the scenario well . On that night ....it was her last preparation as the show was on the next day . 

“ do you know that feeling when you are the reason of killing your daughter , I caused this , I ........” I will stop this here but you know what he felt , I don’t want him to hear this again . 

- Hey Phil , are you good ? I got the tickets bro , tomorrow at 8 pm ( a message appeared on Phil’s phone) 

He was struggling with some issues as usual but this message was the only thing that didn’t put him under pressure , he felt some calmness as he couldn’t find a ticket for this event . 

On the next day ,Martin was preparing himself for a big case , he arrived early to the court with his client ,he was so confident , infact he is a great lawyer , he can change the whole case easily , at this moment a mobile ring was heard , 

- Hey honey , I've prepared myself we are going now , please don’t be late it's very important for us 

- Ok , I will finish and come as soon as possible don’t worry . Is she alright ? 

- Yes , everything is perfect , i'll be waiting for you . Goodbye .

He closed his phone with a mind full of stress and happiness at the same time , but now it’s time to focus on his case .

It’s 7_40 pm all the audience are on there seats, Martin is on the first line , he came two hours ago just to make sure everything is ok . Phil and his friend came early also .

It’s 8 pm now , it’s time to start , ,,, a beautiful cheerful woman came into and stood Infront of those audience “ I am Sarah Belfort as you know before already , you came here tonight because you are all lost hope in everything around you even in yourself , calm down you can also move from here with clear hands , unless you believe that fact (everything passes) , since the beginning of creation there are struggles in the life of human beings , god knows what you are going through and also god knows what to put in front of you because he knows that your inside ,your nature , you are all losing hope because you denied these facts not in public but inside you , you may see these words useless as you can say yes I know all of this but the thing is these records that you will hear now , it’s a true story of a woman stand in front of you right now . 

“ you may have listened to the hardest part of my story but wait I didn’t tell you the good one , Martin didn’t went to jail as the man whom he hit regain consciousness and told the police that he wasn’t the reason as it was so rainy and cloudy , Martin got a lot of cases and won them all , he is so much better now surly the sadness is still there but life goes on , he thought he was the main reason and I stopped that part as I said before . He succeeded in finding the purpose of his life , he still have his mother , he still have me , and now he have her , ...Maggie please come , ... She is my daughter her name is Maggie ...she is 5 years old now , same name , same spirit and life goes on , it may be the least lecture in terms of talking but I think that this story deserves to let you know that you still have a lot , I will not mention a thing related to hopes again but if you understood the purpose of this tape you will get the thing you pay for , find a purpose for your life or you will end up as you are know hopeless . Thank you 

It was the last lecture for Sarah , she left behind her a lot of people cured from hopeless , she wanted to live with her daughter more and more , it is her purpose of life .....

November 06, 2020 23:26

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

4 comments

Abdallah Yasser
21:06 Jan 18, 2021

Great as usual 👏❤️

Reply

Karim Gamal
11:04 May 04, 2021

♥️♥️🤝

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Marilee Ryan
21:29 Nov 23, 2020

The first line, which is the story prompt, is at best loosely tied to the rest of the story. I think the story has a strong heart and a great potential. I see a style coming through that needs development. I don't know if English is your first language, but it is nearly incomprehensible in some parts. Maybe a grammar check program and spell check would help. The struggle with the language and grammar made the story hard to follow and frankly I would not be able to actually summarize your story. I hope you work with these characters, this co...

Reply

Karim Gamal
14:23 Nov 24, 2020

First of all thank you for this review and for your words , I agree with you , i need to develope some things as English is not my first language but I will try to improve more and more to deliver good things in future

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.