0 comments

Coming of Age Contemporary Friendship

By Dumisani khumalo

"The big blue marble in the galaxy ,spied on by satellite dish and wifi ,that's what's going to happen,and those waves will get into our bones to tear us apart," was Julius' slow drone, wearing his protest t- shirt on the ante on 5-G

"You terrible lunatics ,you are like all those people advocating for the conpiracies on corona as well ,sticking the Chinese with the evil titbits and hoping a bat is the culprit ,so was the baboon in Africa, on Aids "Joel said ,spinning his dice and hoping to win in the game of snake and ladders.

" He is a lunatic that one "Peter reiterated and almost chocked on his words as he knew that was a start to endless arguing into the night now .

" Did or did the Chinese hope to get away with it ,in Yulin markets with the dog eating thing and there in Wuhan ? That doctor dying was not by mistake ,anyway that China belly ,is the conspiracy on Africa again .To kill them all before for the economy,the cake and how it's real now ," drowled out of his mouth as he wanted a sordid excuse that led the other two to find it miffing to cut their acquaintance with him if he continued.

A bowling laughter ensued. It was Peter ,at his antics as they tended to loose attention and he fell to his schemes when they were not looking at all. He would race his win by a box skipped counting as they talked .

" It's a population thing ,the global heat ,the food ,and the politics ,all rolled up in one sandwich " Joel came again ,but Peter was not lost ,he actually wanted to say," Bill Gates" when Julius' came up to put his drink down with a bang 

"Oh no ,it's all about tribe ,race and power ,the women and the children they want to have ," he giggled 

" But you know ,it's women who are not tribal ,racists ,and bad politician .That marternal thing they have ,and March my words ,the mixed race will rule the world one day " 

"Nothing of the sort with all the bang and kill the poor ,by viruses ,this 5 G ,and hell with the pollution or poison ivy" 

" You mean the hyacinth ,what's that " Julius' came at him ,and Peter ducked knowing that a blow he had received once would plumb at him again .

" Julius' ,you not my friend .Even if we play games together ,you have never been ," an irate Peter said ,sniffling .

That gave Julius' a sense of power now ," So what's holding you back ,jump boy " 

"So you didn't hear if the knew varieties like murberg virus which is still to come ? " Peter said ,"You will die ignorant my friend " 

" Media hogwash ,it's like you do not appreciate what Steve Jobs and Bill Gates did ,to improve our lives .Now we don't have to relay on mainstream media ,we can footage on the social media ,that's life ," Julius' continued ." Yeh ,that's life Joel said laughing now at the ignorant Peter.

Peter was not outdone ,he sat down and looked at his friends like a sellout and hoping he had somene on his side too.

Julius' was giggling now seeing the wide open eyes staring out into space .Then Peter ,looked down in defeat .

" But I tell you guys the threat is real on this waves ,they will interfere with everything ," he coughed at last .

"Rubbish ,they won't .There is sauna ,wifi ,wind ,solar ,all waves riding the air ,and the viruses will have their time ,but in the end ,end what are you talking about Peter ? 

" The whole dirty world trying to kill us ,so that only them will have the cake " 

" Well if business kills us Pete ,where will they get the money ,and anyhow viruses ,like computer s can not beat the human mind at all ,never," 

Peter got down to semantics ,and started where their protest March had started ,in the large City hall ,and people wanted to show disfavour on their other demands for clean water , electricity,and it ran to a protest over the corona virus ,to 5 G ,things they all did not understand clearly ,and not well informed in .

"Well you like stories and you get them from the wrong places ,that's your problem Peter ," Joel started at him " Imagine what 5 G will do to us ,driverless cars ,," he porked Julius in the ribs " You and me coming home drunk on the back seat of a Merc ,and using our phones to us home ,

" Or that drug to grandmother taken to the farm 400 km away on a drone ,and that operation done on a poor soul ,many miles away ,we would also need the technology the day we become Martians ,,

" Or that good technology in the house ,security wise ,and tracking on stock ,on a chip ,you already know nothing about and condemn already ,what's wrong with you thick heads ," 

Peter went dead silent and made small paces to the ,sniggering ,giggles ,and louder laughs ensuing from them ,Julius ,and Joel ,following as the door closed .

Peter was outside taking in the fresh air and confused .He had gone an all out to protest and these guys were now giving him a different picture to events .

He went back sure now he knew where they were wrong too.

" Yes he started ,the are pros and cons to this ,and the effects will come that will make people prey and so sorry .

Imagine the deaths and we could not do a thing to save people on corona ,and that chip ,will be made to follow you every where and get your vitals ,skewed up ,you be dead too to know about it then ," 

He had scored a victory ,s the two ,Julius and Joel sort of let him in a bit ,and waited for the final push on him ,and they did not know who would deliver at first and get him right once and for all.

" Peter ,you know something ,all things have to be tested before they can be approved for use ,that's why ,we will wait now," 

Peter got steamed now " Tested,fo you know people in third world countries are experimented on ,? How many die on vaccines given to them at the behest of their government's wanting money ,how many ," 

" That is another issue ,don't mix the two my friend ,and you won't loose your head once more .It's all about votes ," 

August 05, 2021 13:01

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.