4 comments

General

“Born with a silver spoon. I believe this suit me best because I always get what I want when I was a kid. Happily running up and down without knowing what future has for me. Enjoying each second of my life as if there is no tomorrow. Wow! What a life? I wish I could live that life again. No worries at all. Full of fun and laughter.”


These were the thoughts that keeps on coming in Violet’s mind now. Little did she knew that things will not be the same once she moves to adulthood. The crucial part of her life to decide what she should do next? Where she should work? So many questions keep on coming to her as if life is full of questions.    


Once Violet completed her studies, she decides to look for a decent job but it was not that easy. She has to attend so many interviews without knowing what is her fault for being rejected by many employers. She felt she was useless. She has no intention to be the burden in her family since they have spent a lot of amount for her further education in University. It’s time for her to be independent and she felt so weak since she is still depending on her family for everything.


“What is wrong? It has been already few months after I graduated but I’m still looking for a job while all my friends are already working. Why is it so hard to get what I want anymore? Why is life so difficult nowadays? Is this how everyone living their life? But why some seems to get what they want so fast? Am I not lucky anymore? Hmmmm!” All these questions seem to be routine in Violet’s life.


Violet never realised life will be so different once she has grown up. She just hopes things will be the same as she was a kid but that is impossible. She hopes there will be some kind of magic that can make life fun all the time but there is no such thing as magic. Feeling confused without knowing how future will be is like another thousands of questions in her mind.


After sending so may job application there were frequent interview sessions too. Violet just felt tired going for interviews one after another but she doesn’t want to give up until she finds a job that suits her. One day while going for an interview, Violet has also arranged to meet her friend before going for the interview.  She decides to travel via train and a middle age lady who embark in one of the stations sat beside her. She has some problem with her legs and unable to walk normally. Violet by nature is a very quiet person and she just sat by the window by looking at the scenery outside the window. She just gave a smile when the lady sat beside her and continued looking by the window. In her mind she was thinking “ So pity! Even though she has problem she is still travelling by train. It’s so hard to walk with this condition. Hope she will get better soon.” Suddenly Violet heard a voice.


“Hello! What is your name? Where are you going?”, asked the lady after few minutes sitting beside Violet silently.


“Hello! I’m Violet. Going to meet a friend. What is your name? Asked Violet.


“I’m Tina”, she answered.


Violet continued to be quiet after that but then Tina interrupt again after a while.


“I think you are confused my dear”, said Tina. “Don’t worry god is there and you will soon get what you are looking for. Pray for what you want dear”.


Violet was confused. She has no idea what Tina was talking about.


“I’m sorry. I don’t understand”, said Violet.


 “I can actually get some messages while talking to a person. I could see that you will get what you want. Be patient!”, said Tina.


Violet was confused. She has no idea what Tina was talking about. She continued to chat with her even though she was a little scared to do so. Violet kept on talking with her to get more information. This is when Violet got to know that she is a nurse and she is doing some part time studies. Violet starts to observe Tina more deeply. She had a feeling that there are high possibilities Tina knows what she is talking about. People say, certain human who has some disabilities usually will have some special abilities. Probably she knows what is waiting for Violet in future. Violet kept on asking more questions to clarify her mind. She felt Tina could be an answer for her future. She believed Tina could help her.


Tina got down after she reached her station by sharing her phone number. She told Violet to call her if need her advise. Violet kept the phone number. Even though Violet was a little confused but she kept the number just in case if she needs any advise from her. Part of Violet wants to believe that Tina could help and part of her still not sure if Tina is a person whom she could trust. Violet never experienced this kind of meeting with anyone. This is the first time and will be in her memory for long. After almost 1 month Violet didn’t receive any good news from any employer. She felt so sad. She decided to give Tina a call.


“Hello! May I speak to Tina?”


“Hello! Tina speaking”, an answer came from the other side of the line.


Violet felt happy to know the number that was given to her is correct. She introduced herself to Tina and told her she is still unemployed. After few seconds of silence Tina replied.


“My dear! I could see some envelope coming to you. Keep on praying. I’m sure you will get good news soon. The letters are on the way. I will pray for you too.”


Violet felt happy listening to Tina’s reply. She just hoped it will come true. Talking to Tina gave Violet some confidence. She started to believe that she will get the letter soon.  


After 1 week, Violet received few offer letters to work. She has no idea which one to choose. She chose the nearest location. She decided to call Tina to thank her. Even though Violet has no idea the real reason behind the offer letters but she was happy.


“Is it because of Tina’s prayers or is it because of my prayers?”, these are the questions that started to haunt Violet after getting the offer letters.


No matter what is the real reason, Violet felt she should thank Tina and at the same time she doesn’t want to lose her friendship with Tina. She thought her future will be secured if she has Tina as a friend. She called Tina and thanked her and shared her joy with her. Tina was so happy for Violet. Probably that was the last time Violet heard Tina’s voice. After that no one picked up the phone. Violet has no idea why. After sometime the phone seems to be not in use anymore. Violet felt so sad. She thought there would be someone who could advise her for her future but that person cannot be contacted anymore.


She felt a little worried about her future. Even though she managed to get a job after struggling for a long time but she knows there are more life puzzles waiting for her. This is just the beginning of her life of adulthood. There are more to come.

She realised her life will not be the same as it was when she was a kid. She has grown up and she will not get things easily. She needs to work hard to get what she wants unlike some of her friends whom can get what they want easily.


People say challenge is a way of life but when our life become full of challenges there will be one point that you will decide to give up and just go with the flow. This happened to Violet too. But she doesn’t want to give up.


Violet goes through many things in her life after her first experience of struggling for a job. With positive mindset she decides to live her life. Even though her past keeps on coming in her mind on how she was as a kid, her encounter with Tina, her offer letter but what plays in her mind now is, “ what is waiting for me next?”

May 18, 2020 07:25

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

4 comments

Carille Durbin
23:03 May 29, 2020

I liked it, and we all need some encouragement in these difficult times

Reply

Arvi Krish
01:49 Jun 02, 2020

Hi. Thank you for the encouragement. Just started to explore my writing skills. Looking forward for more feedback from you to improve myself. TQ

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Anuj Bohra
21:56 May 27, 2020

The idea is good. But you should use more commas, and if you want to show how life really is, keep it real. And please (😂) give my work some critisism too.

Reply

Arvi Krish
01:24 May 29, 2020

Hai! Thank you. Will improve for my next submission.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.