0 comments

Christmas Friendship Romance

On a bright and snowy day, and Briggsville. Cassidy and her mother slowly stirred up a warm cup of hot chocolate. Cassidy was a tall, Blond headed girl, she had perfect window girls, with bright blue eyes and some stand out freckles. Cassidy was about 17 years old. Cassidy’s mother, joy, was an old woman about her 50s. She had very light tinted blonde hair, with few wrinkles on her face, but aging was noticeable. Their home was like a full-blown mansion. Everything in the house was so organized and put together, it was so decorated and up-to-date for Christmas.

The next day, Cassidy walked into school with her best friend, Brody. They did everything together, they always went to school together and always walked each other to their classes. Everyone saw them as more than best friends, but they never have seen each other that way, and made a promise that they would never do that. “Hey wanna come to my house after school tomorrow?” Said Brody. “Of course!” Said Cassidy. Brody was a tall handsome man, he had long brown hair that curled at the end his eyes were as bright blue as the ocean. Brody was also 17.

The next day, Cassidy went over his house. They laughed and played together, then things started to get real. Cassidy was at the bottom of the stairs yelling at Bobby to turn off the stove before the house burnt down.  Brody fell down the stairs right into Cassidy, they ended up looking each other straight in the eyes and kissing. After, the kids both looked at each other right in the eyes, and said well at the same time. They said to each other that they would never do that, but clearly everyone else was right. They obviously had feelings for each other, it was young love they all said. Those two are clearly in love. 

 next thing you know, Brody and Cassidy look over the stove and it’s on fire! The nearest fire sting wisher was all the way at the third floor of the house, so Cassidy went up to get it while Brody Tried to get kitchen sink water to cool the fire down. The fire started to spread, Cassidy ran down the stairs, but the fire spread to the end of the stairs. She threw a fire extinguisher to Brody and he started to blow at the fire. Nothings working! The fire continuously spread, Cassidy was still stuck on the stairs as the fire slowly made its way up. Brady ran to the end of the stairs where the fire was growing cautiously bigger. He told her to jump. “No!” she cried. Brady ran to the fire to see if Cassidy. he picked her up and ran back down the stairs, he held her over the fire even though she was still getting burned. He is risking her life for her. Brody opened the door, and threw her out as he fell to the ground. She ran back inside to pick them up and grab the nearest phone. “The phones burned!” Passenger into the neighbors house as Brady was on the ground in the grass in front of his house. She yelled at the neighbors screaming at them to call 911. As soon as they got there, they picked up Brody from a stretcher and Cassidy, with a slight burn mark on her chin.

Later at the hospital, cassidy and brody replaced in two different rooms. Brody was still not awake, he had burn marks all over his body, and may need treatment for any other damage. Cassidy only had a couple burn marks, but they were thirddegree burns. So she went to the hospital to treat them.

It was about 5 hours later that Brody woke up. Cassidy was free to walk to his room so she patiently waited there for him. As he woke up, he looked around all confused. The nurse walked in, and told him what caused this and the effects. He was confused. "You were pronounced with short term memory loss and developing a concussion from hitting you head on a wall." said the nurse. Cassidy was shocked, she didn't remember him hitting his head at all. Brody didn't remember what happened, so Cassidy explained it all. "I remember bits and pieces of that, but not the whole thing. I do remember hitting my head on the shelf at the bottom of the stairs, but i didn't hit it hard enough for their to be an effect. "Well maybe you hit it at just the right angle." Said the nurse.

"Hello?" Said the nurse hovering over Brodys face. "We have some bad news for you Brody... Your gonna have to get surgery to fix all of the burned off skin to make it normalized." Said the nurse. "What?!" Brody exclaimed. "I guess it will be worth it because i'll look closer to normal again." said Brody. "You have five minutes to prepare yourself, i'll be back to take you into the surgical rooms."

Minutes later, all of his nurses came back in, and moved him to a rollable stretcher. They rolled him down several hallways into the surgical room, where his skin would be normal again.

"Now, Brody, all we have to do is remove skin from some areas where it's not noticeabl, and move it to areas where you can see." Said the surgeon. "It shouldn't take long at all, maybe about 3 hours."

Brody was then out to sleep...

Three hours later Brody was wheeled back to his room. The nurses told him to go look in the mirror. It was as good as new! Cassidy was standing there so proud of him for doing that.

Both of their parents were outside in the waiting room, Brody came out to his mom and dad running to hug him like they've never seen him before, and Cassidys parents did the exact same.

After this day, Cassidy and Brody continued to be in love, and proceed on life normally. Without catching things on fire of course.

October 23, 2020 09:54

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.