1 comment

Contemporary Creative Nonfiction Speculative

Thought I should write and let you know why I won’t be attending our school reunion this fall. 9-11 has always been one of those days that reminds me of the time we thought jalapeno peppers were those funny looking tomatoes that are supposed to be used for sauce. I’m not sure I any longer have taste buds, but then life is rarely what we perceive it to be.

I don’t know who chose that date, perhaps someone ignorant, or possibly for its convenience, but it seems somehow inappropriate to celebrate or torture oneself on that day, and I don’t know why. It is that kind of dichotomy between how I should feel, and how I actually feel, that causes me problems.

You know that I am not capable of condoning any sort of violence, no matter how long ago. It is just that I feel I understand what was attempted to be a warning, and we ignored it. We pretended that we have learned from our mistakes, but for reasons different than intended. Not unlike the pepper incident, hair on fire, going blind, all that sort of thing, and yet our intent was somehow lost in the screaming.

Perhaps I am just using the analogy to create an escape from the reunion. I hate those things. Not because I don’t want to see how people have changed, as I have no doubt none have, but I don’t like the pretense of it all. We are not the same people we were then. We did not haul our adolescence into a different century to be reminded we only have the memories we can tolerate, and have buried the awkward times for lack of better word, or have convoluted the memories to the point they are no longer ours, but belong to the make-up artist in each of us.

I’m sure you remember what we were going to become and what we turned out to be, not even close. I shouldn’t really say that, as you have achieved some of the goals you talked about pursuing. You have become part of the person you wanted to be. Me, I am a rolling stone that has gathered no moss. I have gathered nothing. Not because I didn’t want to, although I didn’t, but because I could never see the point.

It is the point that I have always found elusive, as it defers to the lowest possibility, which has turned out to be the new reality, street vacationing. Yes, I know that there are those that look down on others, out of habit I suppose, but nonetheless a reality that imposes itself on the permanence of irrational supposition. 

Now you know I don’t believe in supposition as a form of determining reality, as it is biased towards the one involved in exploiting suppositional reality. And then of course the idealism behind SR, which is although speculative, has validity in the evidence that truth has evolved. It no longer requires verification by anyone but yourself. That is inspirational because it erases all potential for being mind drummed, yes mind drummed, by the incessant manipulation of aspects of truth to encompass virtually all fact, and therefore reality. Now it has come full circle. Suppositional Reality has become a new phenomenon that has evolved, and is now the reality of choice.

Oh yes, mind drummed. I should explain. Mind, well that is obvious, the word drummed, that has many conjectural meanings, but only one true meaning, that can’t be beat. That is an attempt at slip and slide humor that you are not expected to understand, and if you do, you should seek help.

So you see that words as well as their meaning have no relative use any longer, as our language has evolved and is evolving continuously. It is meant ultimately to have no meaning, which is the purpose of that place between fact and fiction. I know it sounds absurd, but trust me, it is not. College has a purpose, even if we don't know what it is. 

The concept, and subsequent application, is no more or less the conclusion of having to do more with less, and subsequently, everything with nothing. It all seems hypothetical until you stop and analyze the prospect of an ever-expanding universe, without us in it.

You must by now recognize the Szymanski Doctrine of exploiting the unexploitable for unexplainable purposes. I know what you are thinking. There is no such thing as an unexplainable consequence, as all reaction has an equal and opposite reaction no matter what religion or political party you belong to. And you would be right, had it not been for Szymanski.

Although Adolf Szymanski had moved from the position of garbage man to sanitation engineer, he found the differentiation principles of Nostradamus to be irrelevant, as simply renaming a position did not change the basic principles of responsibility. Everyone thought he was just being eccentric until they changed the name of the Cleveland Indians despite the objections of the Kansas City Chiefs. 

What I’m attempting to bring to your attention is that no matter what is presented as true or permanent, is little more than subterfuge for the upcoming upheaval that always accompanies change. And why is that you may ask? I have no idea, except that change is inevitable, and predictability becomes expected as the grass is always greener, until it isn’t. 

Groucho Marx once proclaimed that inevitability was simply a figment of evitabilities imagination. He goes on to explain Evitability was his dogs name, and we all should know how finicky dogs are about predictability, and if we don’t, we should consider taking a course in the inevitability of evitability. An uncommon course, but free to those who believe the future has little to offer, whereas the past is not only predictable, but verifiable if one were to devote time to the premise that hindsight is not blind but indifferent.

I should get around to telling you why I can’t come to the reunion. I’ve been fired from my position as head deceptionist for the Algonquin Interpretive Imaging Corporation. Their claim that I was too confrontational I can assure you, was an exaggerated observation based on my inability to tell the truth, as I perceived it as merely an interpretation of fact, so why bother. 

If it were not for the fact that life is what we make of it, I would have given up entirely. It seems today, that the more things seem like they are the same, is because, it has always been that way. If you believe that Szymanski is right, you have to believe that the more things seem like they are now than they have ever been before, the more we have to question whether Szymanski really believed in his own theory of disassociated observation.

When it will all end of course, has to do with the involuntary evolution of the celestial doctrine, which although left to individual interpretation does beg the question; do we exist because we believe, or do we exist because we simply believe in belief? 

Anyway, can’t come to the reunion until I find gainful employment, or employment of any kind, as boredom as you know stems from idle hands, and brains whose lubricant has been changed without ones permission.

I have been experimenting with extra terrestrial imaginational techniques for those who believe words are transcendental devices, as far as factuality is concerned, at least when being referred to in the light of objectivity. So as always, keep lying, as the truth will get you nowhere, and once you have been labeled, it is difficult if not impossible, to change assumptions in mid-stream.

Yours in Pieces

Gertie Szymanski 

PS. You still owe me a cheesecake          

August 28, 2021 21:29

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

Keya Jadav
06:59 Aug 30, 2021

WOW. Just wow, your writing is really amazing and the roots of the thoughts are deeper than one could reach. To be honest, I don't really like non-fiction that much but your way of writing kept me hooked. Well Done.

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.