3 comments

Romance Friendship

Sitting at the table reading. She didn't want to think about where she was and how she got there. Something she will never understand is how either of her parents thought this was a solution for her. Kick her to the curb, homeless. Her three younger brothers never had to do this. They never had to worry if they asked for something if it would cost them a place to sleep that night. Turning the page of her book, she shook the thought from her mind. She didn't want to think about it right now. She was at a shelter. She would be ok. She could defend herself if she had to and so far people have left her alone. A quiet female voice over her shoulder, "Look up." She looked back and saw no one there. "Great, now I'm hearing voices." she thought to herself as she went back to her book. "Look up." she heard this time more demanding in her ear. Look up at the door this time, she sees a young man staring at her, but the voice she had heard was a woman's. Closing the book, she looked around again and still saw no one close to her. Still, the young man continued to stare from the door. Returning to her seat, she begins to read again.

 A few moments pass, she smells a sweetness from her childhood. Shock and fear take her over, she knew her life was about to change again. This terrified her, what new hell was coming she thought to herself as she looked up from her book to face it. Standing next to her watching her, saying nothing was the young man from the door. He waited for her to speak first and her mind was telling her to keep quiet. Say nothing and he will leave. Nothing will change and you will be safe. Her eyes kept moving up his body until their eyes met. His dark chocolate brown with flecks of gold seemed to smile at her and he shook as the softest "Hello." escaped her lips.

 Her brain screamed the most horrified "NO!" as she mentally chastised herself. "You fool, you spoke to him! Now we have to accept whatever this change is! You knew better!" He smiled at her again, "Hi, I'm Jacob. I don't think I have ever seen anyone read anything but the Bible here. Will you read to me?" Smiling at him. Feeling his nervousness, his fear, and his hope. "Jacob, I could read to you, but I don't think you would like this book much and I think you won't care for my company either." Her brain gave a sigh of relief as she thought she may have done a safe rejection. He frowned a little. "Let me decide that. What is the name of the book and what is the name of the most beautiful woman in here?" At that, she let out such a girlish laugh. It sounded foreign even to her own ears and the look of glee on his face at the sound frighted her.

 She felt her heart melting for this boy. Every bit half her age and could be the same age as her own son. pulling out the symbols of her goddess showing him that she was not of his faith. "The book is about sex stories from the Holy Bible and as for the name of the most beautiful woman..." she looked around the room and pointed to a girl in his age group..." you will have to go ask her." As she stroked her pendent, she smiled returning to her book feeling as if she had won the battle. She could feel him watching her and thinking of his next move and words. She knew if she listened hard enough she could hear his thoughts, but her brain knew that she shouldn't connect to him like that.

 Just then, a shock of energy ran through her body. A connection she didn't want. Her mind screamed, her heart leaped, and she jumped from her chair as he cupped her chin to turn her face to him. "What is your name witch woman?" is all she heard before her whole world changed. Slowly she shook her head to regain her senses. "What the hell just happened?" she thought. The question of her name didn't come from him exactly. She knew this cause the boy now looked very afraid of his own actions. "I'm sorry. I don't know what just happened. I have never felt anything like that before and I have never acted like this before. I'm so sorry, I just thought you are pretty and wanted to get to know you. I'm so sorry." She looked at him and smiled softly at him. " It's ok. you can stop apologizing now. I know it's not you or your fault. Taking his hand, she sat him down next to her. " I don't want to give you my name. You see, I am a witch and if I give you my name; I would be giving you power over me." He looked at her and a tic began in his jaw. " You're crazy, but I like you. Let's go for a walk." She rolled her eyes and thought this kid is persistent. Taking her hand back " No, I gave my word to some friends and I will keep it. I won't leave here with you." Picking up her book, she got up to walk away and he followed her.

 Soon she tired of trying to dodge him and returned to her seat to try and read some more and he sat next to her with a drink. " I thought you might be thirsty now." She smiled as her resolve began to weaken more. Just as she started to drink "Where the hell is my water?", a scratch female voice said to Jacob. As the witch looked over the cup at the new face that is now in her world, her jealousy took hold of her. Jacob said nothing as the witch spoke, "I believe it is still in the fountain and you can walk your sorry ass over there and get it yourself." As the unbathed girl looked at the witch she curled her lip. "Jacob, go get my water now." He did not move as the witch threw the water at the girl. " Is there anything else you need? No? Move along." As the girl left, no one moved. "Woman, I love you," Jacob said laughing at the shocked look on people's faces.

 Six years later, "You won't believe who I saw today." he said as he called her on the phone. "Let me guess, the homeless hussy that needed a bath," she replied. "I hate it when you do that, Woman." "No, you don't you still love me. Oh, and by the way, our daughter; she is a witch too." She could hear his sigh on the other end of the phone.

December 19, 2020 04:17

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

3 comments

Ari Berri
12:29 Dec 24, 2020

This story is awesome! Feedback I would give, would be to break it into smaller paragraphs. That will make it easier to read. Nice job! Keep writing!

Reply

Cherokee Winters
17:20 Dec 30, 2020

Thank you. I usually do have it easier to read paragraphs and more dialogue. I was in a hurry to get it posted. This is a true story. I plan to expand on it once the love story has come to an end.

Reply

Ari Berri
18:08 Dec 30, 2020

No problem. That makes sense. I can't wait to read the ending!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.