0 comments

Happy

Diary Entrée #260…

I haven't seen the real world in nearly a year. The only view I have of it is from my bedroom window. Being stuck in my bedroom spending my birthday sobbing isn't the ideal Teenage vacation. It's September 17, 3021, I've just turned 16. When I was younger I would imagine a great party thrown for me, with dancing, singing, and lots of eating. I can no longer remember the feeling of a day different from the other because, well… All days are exactly the same. Wake up, use the bucket under my bed to release yesterday's food and liquid, use the same bucket to spit after brushing my teeth. At the end of the day I have food delivered mysteriously to the middle of my room, and I toss my waste out the window. Now, I know what you're thinking… “Why don't you just leave through the window?” Well here's the problem, I'm nine stories high. Yeah, if I jumped I would become the crows morning pancake. 

I Don't remember getting stuck in my room, I don't even remember my parents, no that's a lie, I have pictures of them so it's kind of hard to forget. Everyday I wonder why they haven't opened my door to let me out, I also wonder why my door locks from the outside. I've tried picking the lock but it only resulted in a broken nail, which I was desperate to fix but I had finished off the last of my acrylic nail set I had gotten when I was four-teen. Feels like ages ago… To think less than two years ago I was running around on the wet grass, smelling the flowers. Nowadays I run around in circles trying to get some cardio in, laughing hysterically every so often. 

Diary Entrée #280…

“Isn't it lovely?” I ask my 6 foot stuffed bear. Slightly deepening my voice I make the bear answer me, “You mean more lovely than you?” I giggle, “No silly, nothing can be lovelier than me!” Bowing my head giggling I’ve finally realized my mental state. October 7, 3021, Halloween is coming up. I think I'm going to be an angel, unless I decide I'm too old. No ones going to see me, I could just wear my underpants and be that goofy cartoon character. What's his name again?... Oh right Captain Underpants. Laughing and shaking my head I sigh loudly. Did I ever mention I fantasize? I didn't..? Oh, well I always fantasize about my door opening and standing in the frame would be my parents, their arms open wide waiting for a hug. I sometimes just stare at the door, waiting for my fantasy to come true. Sure I know it's bad for my health to be thinking of the impossible, and sure I may or may not have gone crazy fantasizing.. But you know what? I’m glad I’m stuck in this awful room… It's teaching me a life lesson! 

It's been a few hours, and I'm getting quite hungry. The mysterious food only shows up during dinner time, I don't get Breakfast or Lunch, no snacks throughout the day… Unless of course I save some of my dinner for the upcoming day, which is awfully hard since by the time it's dinner I'm practically starving… Hey! Why don't you try eating one meal a day at 16! I'm a growing woman! 

Diary Entrée #360…

I've been skipping Diary entries, I've just found writing in this damn journal a waste of my time. No one is going to read this, I'm stuck in this damn room for the rest of my life… 

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to sound petty, It's just… I'm five days away from being in this room for a whole bloody year, I've started talking to the pictures on the walls, “Hang in there Joan!” Ha, ha, ha, HAHAHAHAH! Ah, don't you love Disney movies… The REALLY old ones.. I tend to sing around my room for no reason at all, singing calms me. :) Anyways, How are you? No.. you can't answer your just a piece of paper. Of course! I'll speak to the people below my window! I just need a megaphone…. I get up and search through my room turning over every pillow, and every chair before finally finding the megaphone that makes animal noises when you press a button. I smile to myself as the memories come flooding in, I walk over to my window and shout Good Morning through the megaphone. A few people look up and wave but many ignore the strange teen sticking her head out the window. 

I've been playing with this megaphone for hours, it's quite fun! I got someone to answer me, she was a nice old lady that asked if I wanted to come down and get a piece of butterscotch. I had to say no, for obvious reasons… Also my momma always taught me to never take candy from a stranger, though I'm not quite sure what an old lady could do to me… Hit me upside the head with her walking stick? I fell to the floor laughing when I thought about this. 

Diary Entrée #363…

Two days, December 29, 3021. Christmas was sad, no one got me anything… Obviously- I'm stuck in a damn room. I glance at my door occasionally willing it to open. Does it? No.. Not once, but you should know this by now. I'm forcing myself to write but only because if I die in this room I want the world to know that I was here, the strongest woman in history. Maybe they will teach kids in school about me. Or maybe I'll just become a laughing stalk to the whole world, ”Hey mommy remember that girl that got stuck in her own room for 3 years before finally dying?” snorting when writing this line I wince as a sharp pain flows through my head.

I lay down before I hit the floor and give myself a concussion from impact.

Diary Entrée #365…

Its.. December 31, 3021. I laid down on the floor so I wouldn't get a concussion yet I still did, I went into a 2 day coma. I get up before laying back down feeling light headed. 

A few hours have passed and I've finally got enough strength to sit up. I walk over to my window and open it, getting fresh air. Punching my screen out not bothering to catch it before it falls to its death nine stories down I stick my head out and take a deep breath. Smells like pizza, and *sniff* trash. Yeah trash is pretty much all I can smell. I jump up on my window frame reading myself to jump, ‘why live any longer’ I think, ‘what's the point of being stuck in this room?’ I lift one foot up leaning ever so slightly. *BAM* I jump a slight inch before craning my neck to see what made this sound. My door… It's open, it OPENED by itself.. Raising a brow I squinted and leapt off of the window seal back into my cozy room, hesitantly walking towards the door. One foot is out of the room soon followed by another… I'm, out of the room, I'm free… after a year of suffering, and a minute away from death I'm free...

March 09, 2021 22:02

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.