0 comments

General

Gianna's family was always targeted for everything. They lived in a small shed-like house along the outskirts of London. Gianna was abused and ignored by her alcoholic dad and her drug addicted mum. Her parents both smoked and hated each other. She was always blamed and bullied at her school and she never got good grades. Her idol was a singer named Peachie because he had gone through similar events as a child.

One morning, Gianna awoke. She looked out of the smashed, wrecked window. She glanced up at Big Ben. Her eyes widened as she stared at the clock. She quickly got into her stained school uniform that never got washed and grabbed her battered shoes. All of a sudden, she heard a SMASH, followed by a CRASH and OW! She sneakily looked into the front room where her parents were screaming at each other and throwing the cracked pieces of glass that are normally on the floor around the room. She started running to school even though she had hardly no energy. A few minutes after she'd started running, her phone rang.

"Hello?" Gianna asked.

"Hello. Is this Gianna Paris?" the man replied.

"Yes it is."

"Would you be able to stop by at Peachie Studios this morning?"

She gasped.

"YES! I WOULD!" she screeched excitedly.

The man hung up after a while of talking.

"That was such an unexpected phone call," Gianna whispered to herself calmly, "My life might be able to turn around. I can save mum and dad..."

Instead of running to school, she turned around and ran to Peachie Studios. When she arrived, she saw the man that she was on the phone with, a broad man that looked like a bodyguard. He was friendly and directed her to a stage. They entered and who she saw made her heart DROP.

It was Peachie! Her idol! Her mouth dropped open as he stood in front of her.

His slick, golden locks shimmered in the stage light and his shiny, pearl teeth shone as he smiled at Gianna.

"We asked your school to lend us a student, but we didn't tell them what for because they'd have given us a teacher's pet or some petty bully. Am I right?" Peachie chuckled.

"Y-yes!!" Gianna smiled.



February 27, 2020 13:02

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.