0 comments

Romance Christmas Happy

Dear Eliza,

I have no idea when i'll ever get the courage to confess my feelings to you so like always i am writing this letter which will also be a part of the pile already in my drawer. Like any other day I am sitting here in my office thinking about you. You have hijacked my mind. Your smile, Your kind heart, Your everything drew me in. I don't want to lose you ever. I love you Eliza. More than anything in this world. I hope one day i can gather courage and say these words directly to you. I can't wait for that day.


Your Ryan

_________________________

Closing the letter Ryan placed it inside his drawer along with other letters that he had been writing since last january. A deep sigh escaped past his lips and he closed his eyes and like always a pair of greyish blue eyes appeared in his mind. Masking in the beautiful feeling of love he glanced through the glass wall of his office. Every one was busy in the work. It was Christmas in five days and everyone was completing their piled work inorder to enjoy the holidays.


A small thump was heard outside and Ryan's head turned towards the source only to take his breath away at the sight. There she was, wearing a white flower top with baby pink flared pants. Hair in a messy bun as she dusted her pants and stood up again mumbling how clumsy she is.

A warm smile appeared on his face at her sight. No matter how tired he was or how grumpy. She had the power to bring a smile on his stoic expression. For Eliza her boss was a very strict person. And not to mention a very handsome one too. A blush appeared on her face as she chuckled at her thoughts. He was her boss but her sudden feelings towards him made her scared.


Scared of rejection. A common person like her can never get Ryan Sterling. He will never be hers and that was the fact. A sad smile appeared on her anjelic, sweet face and she engrossed herself in work.


Two hearts beating for eachother but never got the courage to confess only because of fear. Fear of rejection. It was almost 8 when everyone left in a cheery mood. Work was going to start after new year. A whole week of holidays but why wasn't she happy. She knew the answer very well.


A broken smile on his face as he bid everyone goodbye and left his office. Just as he was near the elevator, his gaze went to the girl making her way towards him in a hurry. Ryan stopped the elevator for her to get in. Eliza passed him a small polite smile which he returned. A thick cloud of unspoken words surrounded them. None of them dared to speak. Just as the elevator touched the ground. Ryan was about to walk out when a small whisper stopped him. Heart thumping in its place. He turned around to look at her.


Eliza nervously fiddled with her fingers as she mustered up the courage to look into his eyes. His oh so mesmerizing black orbes.


"Yes Eliza?" Her name from his toungue sounded so beautiful yet pure.


"Umm... Merry Christmas Sir" Ryan's smile fell as he heard her reply. Nodding politely he wished her back and walked out of there.


Eliza face palmed as she cursed herself.

'You stupid girl'


Like always she forgot what she had in mind in his presence. She was about to walk out to when she remembered that she had forgot her cardbox of christmas cards. Rushed upstairs and looked for her box which was nowhere to be found. Dejectedly she walked towards the elevator again but it didn't work.


"Oh God. No no please" Pressing the button again and again. But it didn't work. And then power went off. She ran towards the glass wall and looked outside. Snow flakes coated the whole road and a beautiful white hue appeared everywhere. Leaning against the wall she closed her eyes and a tear escaped its confinements.


Eliza was afraid of the dark. Wiping the tears with the back of her hand she ran towards his office because she knew he always keeps torch with him. Opening his drawers her eyes caught sight of a pile of letters. Frowning she picked up one.


Being his assistant she knew about all his letters and files but what was it then? Placing it on the table she looked for torch when her hands caught a candle. Lightening it up with the matchbox she sat down on the floor and opened the letter.


Ryan was sad at the fact that she didn't reciprocated his feelings. Well who was he to force his feelings on her. If she doesn't love him then he has no right to blame her. She is just a sweet, innocent Eliza. A very beautiful Eliza.


He was about to reach his home when the news about the power breakdown was conveyed to him by the security guards. A tired sigh escaped his lips and he took a U-turn towards his office. There was a power breakdown at Sterling Inc. Engineers and Electricians arrived along with him. The Elevator was being revived and just as Ryan reached his floor. The ajar door of his office caught his eyes and he ran towards it but what he saw next send shivers down his spine.

Eliza was sitting there on the floor with her head on the couch and sleeping soundly. But what caught his attention was the letter on her lap. Gulping Ryan walked towards her and scooped her up in his arms. Eliza stirred and yawned cutely.


"Shh go back to sleep little one" Ryan cooed and she opened her eyes instantly after hearing his deep voice.


"Sir?" Ryan placed her on the couch and she sat up grogilly.


"Eliza why were you asleep here?" He asked softly taking a seat beside her.


"Sir...this ...th_is letter.." Eliza stuttered as she looked up at him with questioning eyes. Ryan didn't miss the hopeful glint in her beautiful eyes. He knew it was the moment of truth. If not now then never.

Taking a deep breath he smiled at her. A beautiful smile that took her breath away.

"Its true. All of it is" he whispered sweetly.


A gasp escaped her lips and she scrambled on her feet nervously. Ryan felt like his heart shattered in many pieces. Eliza walked towards the door and turned the knob hurriedly. Just as she was about to leave his voice was heard behind her.


"I love you my Eliza. You my dearest are worth everything to me" Eliza felt like swooning at his confession.


Turning to look at him before leaving she passed a nervous smile and ran away. Ryan watched her through the window as she walked out of the office building in haste.


He sat down on his office desk among his pile of letters. A tear escaped his eyes at the end of his pure love story. A ping was heard from his phone. He glanced down at his screen to see a messege popping on the screen. Her name got his attention and he opened the messege hurriedly. His lips stretched in a full smile as he re-read the messege.


"You are worth everything too"

Your Eliza


For the first time Ryan could not wait for the christmas holidays to end...



____________THE END_____________

January 16, 2021 10:21

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.