6 comments

Mystery

Uneven piece of paper

“Oh dear!” cried head master who was surely puzzled his eyes opened wide and his hands were now quivering and he pursed his lips.

Students were mumbling and muttering. Soon all the teachers were in the hall staring at a huge body covered with blood with knife in his hand, lying prostrate.

For a moment there was silence but it broke with a huge scream filled with pain, filled with love, and distress which scared everyone to death.

“Oh, i-i-i-its m-m-my SON!” cried the stranger sitting near the prostrate figure unaware that his clothes were absorbing that blood on the floor.

“Who is this man and why is he crying” cried Ronald

“Can’t you see his son is lying dead on the floor” snapped Jone in exasperation.

Ronald eyes can’t believe it as he saw no one but an old man crying.

“Are you for real there is n-“

“All the students in their bedrooms” shouted the headmaster interrupting everyone.

Soon a huge crowed started moving. There was some disturbance but Ronald push his way through the throng. As he entered his room he was sweating, anxiety flew in and out of his body, his eyes opened wide as if someone had tapped it, he didn’t move as if someone had installed him in the cage of a lion. Thoughts ran through his body making him feel uncomfortable as if it was a poison which was flowing in his body causing ach whatever area it passed. Still his roommate didn’t arrived, he had so many question to ask. Eventually the drawer in the left started shaking as if there was a fish inside it which is about to die. At once it opened on its own and an uneven piece of paper flew right on his bed.

Ronald moved forward and read “Someone is next” on the paper. He shook his head and went to the drawer to have a look in it. There he found thousands of paper when he looked closely one paper said “DARK”. All those words were not making sense to him.

In the long run now Jone arrived fluttering and agitating he said “G-G-Go to the c-c-corridor another is dead”

This time Ronald ran to the corridor while Jone sat near the same table stunned and stupefied. His eyes moved towards the opened drawer which was empty and he closed it.

As soon as Ronald reached the corridor he found everyone befuddled. But he did not find anyone dead. He moved towards mike and asked “Has someone died?”

The boy almost 7 meters tall gasped “Have you gone crazy can’t you see?”

This time things had gone far ahead. Ronald was scared and his mouth opened like an O.

Every teacher was in the crowd except Sir Will who was not even there last time.

There was his sudden arrival a few minutes later which was creepy he looked exhausted, his hairs were all scattered, and most of all, the situation didn’t bothered him and he quietly slipped away.

Now when everything was finally sorted at night just before bedtime Ronald asked his friend Jone “The students who died today in which standard they study?”

 Jone looked him in surprise, and said “They are in our class don’t you know that?”

“But there are only 22 students in our class, every day during our attendance teacher confirms if there are 22 students or not and if-“

“STOP, you are acting very weird the whole day you can’t see those dead bodies and now you are sitting in front of me saying there are 22 students in our class? Stop all the things and go to sleep I’ll off the lights”

Before Ronald could give any reply something outside the window caught his sight. Some white as snow was moving here and there. Jone who was now asleep was snoring. Ronald slipped out of the room. When reached the garden safely his eyes could not believe what he saw, a feeling of apprehension and fear grew inside him, he felt his heart beating as fast as if it would be right in his hands after some time. That weird figure ran through him as if he had passed through the smoke of chimney. It looked at him and said

“Hmmm I have been a student here too some hours ago”

“What do you mean?”

“I am the one who died”

“W-W-WHATT? ………. L-l-look everyone saw you but I-i-i couldn’t”

“Hmmm HA guess whose turn is next?” she whispered and went floating away chuckling into the dark forest. Ronald looked all confused.

The next day he found himself on the bed. When he woke up he was confused was it a dream or it really happened?

Soon the regular day started it was sir Will’s class. The students waited the whole time but no one came. Although the next class started and students were walking towards their next class while they were talking to each other. Suddenly a cold hand grabbed Ronald arms and in hurry he pulled him closer and said “Don’t involve in his matter”

As they heard the headmaster walking nearer and nearer probably talking about schools matter with Mr Sog, Sir Will flew just like that ghostly figure last night. Everything had entirely disturbed Ronald he wanted to find all the reason behind this weird situation. During midnight he strolled outside the school building in the garden. There he saw that ghostly figure again he abruptly asked,

“How did you die?”

“Oh such a rude question to start a conversation, well I was outside the building something creepy caught my sight and-” she paused for a moment and turned back.

“And?” cried Ronald

“And he bite me on my neck the next moment I was standing here”

“He? Who is this HE?”

“Oh well the head master

“W-W-What” he snapped

At the moment he ran away from the ground all those words float around his head like boats on water. Eventually rooms started moving, stairs disappeared, white lights exchanged with dark, and a weird smell surrounded him.

There was a familiar sound dancing around him sometimes very far away and very close and sometimes left or right.

Out of nowhere he found Sir Will lying down half human and half animal who whispered the last time “Don’t involve in his matter” and he lost his last breath.

Suddenly he heard a thick loud sound coming closer. He said

“Oh dear look at him he is, oh I mean WAS very powerful to be hypnotized so I send him to the right place for being a wall in my road.”

Suddenly a blood stained old man appeared who was the head master. Ronald cried

“S-S-So it is r-r-really you w-w-who did all t-t-this. You are the one who killed three of them because they were powerful enough to-

“No, no my dear boy there are four people but only three are dead” interrupted the headmaster.

Ronald felt the danger. When the head master cried “Yeah, Yeah my boy it’s you. The last person”

At once there was a huge spark which lightened the whole room and after a second there was no one.

Jone who was fast asleep now woke up as he turned back he found Ronald dead and lying on the floor with two huge dots in his neck as if someone bite him and there was a knife in his hand, not only this but there was an uneven piece of paper on his clothes which said “It’s all done”

July 18, 2020 19:05

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

6 comments

Elle Clark
18:10 Jul 25, 2020

An interesting concept! It felt inspired by Harry Potter, too for next time, maybe ask a friend to proof read it though as there were quite a few mistakes that made it hard to follow. Very creative and mysterious though - well done!

Reply

Hooria Amin
14:39 Jul 28, 2020

i loved that you read it i really liked you being concerned i am trying hard to improve i hope soon when i'll be 12 i will be able to write much better thank you for reading ^_^

Reply

Elle Clark
14:52 Jul 28, 2020

Are you ELEVEN YEARS OLD?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Elle Clark
14:53 Jul 28, 2020

This is AMAZING for an eleven year old! My goodness. Keep writing!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Emaan Amin
15:14 Jul 28, 2020

i really liked it its such a nice piece of writing keep it up!!!!!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Rubab Amin
15:12 Jul 28, 2020

Amazing work

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.