0 comments

General

THE EGYPTIAN 

        ADVENTURE By: Jaia McCrea (8th grade)                    

It was a rainy last day of school, I laced up my boots, grabbed my umbrella and left. My best friend Ty waited for me out on the porch like usual, I told him all about our project I finished working on the last night, it was about this tomb called  "The crypt of no return." They would fill it with gold and silver that belonged to the pharaoh and queen. We finally arrived at school, Ty and I along with some other students took our seats. The teacher introduced us to a special guest that was from Egypt. She was going to tell us more information about Egypt to get a clear perspective and learn a little more about it.

            I wanted to gain more information about the "The crypt of no return" and what else could be in it. So after class, I went to go ask a few questions and she said some weird stuff, for instance, she told me that some venomous snakes and spiders have eternal life and are always guarding the tomb. She told me that tonight she is heading back to Egypt. Cool, I bet that'll be a long ride, yep, she replied. Have a nice summer, thanks you too I told her. When I arrived home both of my parents were home from work early and were standing by the table with a big smile on their faces, and they said we're going to Egypt! At first, I thought it was a joke so I started laughing, really, hard. Until I saw suitcases and plane tickets, I definitely stopped laughing.

           I walked over and counted four plane tickets? Wait, there are only three of us, whos the fourth one for, and why are we going to Egypt?  "Because your father got a job with a big producer who wants your, dad, to give him a guide of Egypt," mom replied. Why can't he just go to google maps I asked, "because your father is one of the top 10 best tour guides in the world" cool, I guess. Who was the fourth ticket for? Ty! Yes, a quick rush of excitement ran over me.

           I ran upstairs to pack my bags and the next thing you know was on an 18hr flight (no stops!) to Egypt. We finally arrived at our motel (where the producer also is staying). Once we were introduced to the movie producer we saw three scary-looking guys standing in the corner, turns out to two were his bodyguards and the other one was for us, So that Ty and I could go have fun. It started getting late and after a day of adventure, I was ready to head back to the motel. As we were driving I saw a stone that had hieroglyphics written on it and then on the bottom it said the "Crypt of no return." It seemed familiar but I couldn't remember where I heard that from. That's when it hit me it was the tomb we researched. Stop!

           I yelled,  that the tomb. Can we go look at it Ty said, sure said the driver the bodyguard followed behind us. Wow, there we were standing right in front of it, speechless. Ring! Ring! Was that your phone I asked Ty, no my phones dead, was it yours nope it right hear I replied. We turned to the bodyguard and he was off walking around trying to get signals. We learned our heads in closer to the entrance, it ringed ounce more.

           That's coming from inside, I looked around to see if there was an entrance, but there wasn't so I suppose there's probably a secret passage like in the movies. I walked to the back of it and saw a  piece of stone out of place so I pushed it in and next thing you know I went flying down and landed on my back. Ow, then I heard the sound again I quickly jumped up and took out my phone to turn on the flashlight and started walking towards the sound. Hey wait up I turned around it was Ty! are you ok he asked? I've been better I replied, we started getting close to the sound. Look I found it! It was laying on the floor, I picked it up and answered it, Hello?

           "Ok did you get the gold?" someone said on the other line. Huh? "look we don't have time for games, get the gold and get out of there!" they hung up. That was ominous if there really is gold in here don't you think there would be cameras surrounding this place or a security guard, yeah, Ty agreed. We kept walking then suddenly I stepped on something. We looked down and saw a security guard shot. What do we do? 

            We should call an ambulance? No, we wouldn't get any signals down here. Freeze! Ty and I slowly turned around, Wait isn't that the guest speaker from our school Ty asked. Oh, My, Gosh it is! She had a gun and told us to stand to the side and drop our phones. She grabbed the phone we found and put it in her pocket and dragged away from the security guard. She said she'll be back for us after she hides his body. We heard someone coming back they started moving closer we looked it was the bodyguard! Are you guys ok he asked?

            No someone else is down here and she's coming back for us I replied, which way did she go? That way, we pointed to a tunnel nearby. He told us to stay right here and he gave us a pocket knife just to be safe. He walked away from us and one minute later, Pow! Pow! We heard gunshots. Then I saw a shadow come running out of the tunnel it was the bodyguard with two bodies on his shoulder. Were safe at last. 

              On our way out I was wondering how we were supposed to get back out, but the bodyguard already thought of that, he had a latter propped up against the top of the entrance were we fell in. But where did he get the ladder from?  Once we got out of the cave there were three cop cars, four investigators, my parents, and the movie producer. They all were worried. The security guard indeed up dying due to blood loss, the lady that killed him was only shot in the arm so after she recovered she was put in jail for twenty years. In the end, we stuck close to my parent's, finished the tour, and enjoyed the rest of our summer break. On our first day back to school we found out that we were going to have a guest speaker from London tomorrow. Hopefully, mom and dad don't have any trips planned.



December 19, 2019 13:33

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.